Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I completely agree! I feel it's a great property for the money or points (or cash and points), and they take care of their Diamond members.
I agree it's good value but exactly how do they 'take care of their Diamonds'? They give the bare minimum that is required and not an inch more.

In my many many stays I have never received a proper suite Upgrade even the one time I used an expiring DSU it was some weird room, the amenities were always a complete joke of 3 fruits before 1W was an option for international properties, the lounge is nice for the views but the actual spread is rather poor.

Last time I had a guest and wanted to have breakfast at the restaurant instead of the rather sad breakfast options upstairs. I almost had to walk away before they were willing to grant me having breakfast at the Restaurant Buffet.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I agree it's good value but exactly how do they 'take care of their Diamonds'? They give the bare minimum that is required and not an inch more.

In my many many stays I have never received a proper suite Upgrade even the one time I used an expiring DSU it was some weird room, the amenities were always a complete joke of 3 fruits before 1W was an option for international properties, the lounge is nice for the views but the actual spread is rather poor.

Last time I had a guest and wanted to have breakfast at the restaurant instead of the rather sad breakfast options upstairs. I almost had to walk away before they were willing to grant me having breakfast at the Restaurant Buffet.
Just to clarify, are you referring to being upgraded with a DSU or without a DSU in the bold part. (you said one time subsequently)

Care to tell us more about this weird room too? Would help cheers.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

I found the staff to be exceptional. The food offerings in the lounge were nice. When I used a DSU I was given one of the nicest suites (I don't remember which one).

The views from the club lounge and many rooms are fantastic. I've been here twice, and on both occasions the staff was excellent.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I used a DSU for two paid nights and used points for the third night. This hotel was strictly by the book and I was forced to move the third night.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Just to clarify, are you referring to being upgraded with a DSU or without a DSU in the bold part. (you said one time subsequently)

Care to tell us more about this weird room too? Would help cheers.
Both. Never any proper upgrade period even with a confirmed DSU.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I found the staff to be exceptional. The food offerings in the lounge were nice. When I used a DSU I was given one of the nicest suites (I don't remember which one).

The views from the club lounge and many rooms are fantastic. I've been here twice, and on both occasions the staff was excellent.
I hear this all the time but still fail to see what makes staff 'exceptional'. Exceptional in the sense of the stay not being a disaster and making numerous mistakes (like the Hyatt Sha Tin that ran my CC 3 times and i had to run after my refunds)? I consider professional staff the norm rather than the exception.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Both. Never any proper upgrade period even with a confirmed DSU.
The standard DSU upgrade is to a city view regency suite. That configuration has been discussed at length in this thread. I like it but others don't.

My first stay at this property I requested a harbor view in advance, and they gave me a harbor view regency suite (not the same view as the lounge, but still nice).

Well that's the rule at Hyatts where there's a lounge. I don't like it much either (one area where the Hilton Asia properties are better), but IME it's pretty consistently enforced throughout the chain.

I hear this all the time but still fail to see what makes staff 'exceptional'.
I've had nothing but great service at this hotel. Of course, service standards are very high at the 4 and 5* HKG properties, so that's more or less to be expected.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Well that's the rule at Hyatts where there's a lounge. I don't like it much either (one area where the Hilton Asia properties are better), but IME it's pretty consistently enforced throughout the chain.

I've had nothing but great service at this hotel. Of course, service standards are very high at the 4 and 5* HKG properties, so that's more or less to be expected.
I have no problem with that rule as long as the breakfast spread is plentiful but measured on hotels in Asia I find that what the Hyatt TST offers for breakfast at the lounge to be nothing special at all. I never had any problem with a hotel declining my request to have breakfast at the restaurant instead the lounge if certain things are not available.

Again, it's not about policy but to counter dissatisfaction of the guest and this is where the 'service' you mention comes into play. It's not like I ask for that every time I'm staying there (in fact it was the first time since usually I don't care that much for breakfast when I travel on my own) but if you have a Diamond Guest that stayed at your hotel like 40 times and for once he asks to change the breakfast venue there shouldn't even be any discussion.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Jun 9, 2015 at 8:49 pm
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by Fims
Did you stay in this property? Their Regency Suite is pretty small, was there 5 years ago. HR Sha Tin has bigger suites.
Yes, I have. When our family use diamond suite up grade, we always get one of the room at either end of the hall with a huge bathroom on one side of the room and living room to the opposite side. I guess they are called Regency Suite. Yes, the living room is not huge, buy we are talking about prime real state in TST. Nevertheless, after you move the table to the side, you are able to lay the rollaway down for our family of 4. I am familiar with all the different suites at Shatin too. Yes, Shatin is much bigger but that is a different conversation and this is not a fair comparison due to Shatin location and rate in my opinion.

Hyatt TST staff, like many already pointed out, are exceptional!

Agree the breakfast is a little lacking, however, if you have extra time, they will prepare omletes from the restaurant downstairs that is not in the club menu. After compare to US lounge breakfast, I really have no complaint with TST lounge breakfast. Every now and then, I don't mind spending $18 and eat downstairs using their discount coupon.

As diamond booking standard rate, they always upgrad me to harbor view standard room. This is a popular hotel with many tourists and business travelers. With limited club floor rooms, I am fine when they put me on non-club floor with club access. I guess you can call this "not bending their diamond upgrade rule". The only time they ever upgrade me to a Regency Suite without using a DSU is my last stay when they welcome me back for my 50th stay. A colleague got their bathrobe when he reached his 75th stay. Something to look forward to, I guess.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
We are 3 in total. And that is within the limits of the room. But just wondering if there will be any issues showing up 3 instead of 2. Then again, I guess a suite and Diamond card helps.
I would call Hyatt and change the booking to 3 adults and request a rollaway bed at the same time. I did it before for this property, but on a C+P rate.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by portishead
I would call Hyatt and change the booking to 3 adults and request a rollaway bed at the same time. I did it before for this property, but on a C+P rate.
After good advice here I emailed all the hyatt-properties and changed the booking to include 3 persons with a rollaway. At additional cost of course
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
with a rollaway. At additional cost of course
Is there anything changed at this property? As a diamond, I have never had to pay for rollaway here. The last time that I requested a rollaway was in January of 2015.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by 168
Is there anything changed at this property? As a diamond, I have never had to pay for rollaway here. The last time that I requested a rollaway was in January of 2015.
Technically, if you let them know in advance, they should include it in the bill to be in line with Hyatt's policy.

At the hotel, they have the right to waive such incidentals at their discretion (waiver can be requested at check in / check out).

If I am not mistaken: you asked for it when you arrived, not prior to your arrival, and there in lies the difference.

Request done prior to arrival need to be according to the rules to ensure all hotels follows the rules and guidelines set forth by the HQ, because if they don't it would show that policies are inconsistent between hotels.

No where in the diamond benefit does it say all hotels waive the charges for roll away bed, and I've paid for them at several properties who won't waive them because I am Diamond.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Jun 11, 2015 at 7:21 am
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:24 am

My understanding about rollaway at HR TST is that it is done by the capacity of the room. I have requested rollaway before and it was free in a suite, but that was with two people staying. You may be charged for a third person, and not for the bed itself.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by ckpeter
My understanding about rollaway at HR TST is that it is done by the capacity of the room. I have requested rollaway before and it was free in a suite, but that was with two people staying. You may be charged for a third person, and not for the bed itself.
I was in the same situation as you, two people in a suite in another Hyatt in Asia, except the hotel charged for the roll away bed.

However, in several hotels (not only Hyatt), I have been informed me the third guest in their standard room would not incur any additional extra charge, unless I requested for the roll away bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.