Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TARGETTED - "We'd Like to Thank You With 1 Free Night" - B2G3 (Buy2-Get3rd) - 9/30/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETTED - "We'd Like to Thank You With 1 Free Night" - B2G3 (Buy2-Get3rd) - 9/30/09

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:16 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Agree with Cygnet ; I am appreciative of any Bonus Offer!

I got the OP offer - and will certainly take advantage of it. (assuming the 2 nights are not priced at an astronomical rate).

But I also would have been happy to receive the 3K points for every 2 nights! 3000K + MC Bonus of 2500+ Gbonus+ amenity points, along with regular points and diamond bonus could end up giving me enough points to have a "free night" - at the time and place of my choosing.^ (and I have several 2 night stays coming up that I can't convert to 3!)

Would anyone like to share that code???????
Old Jul 7, 2009, 4:07 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I got the OP offer as well and booked the Hyatt Bangkok at a reasonable rate. Will use a Diamond suite UG as well and I think it will be a very nice stay
Old Jul 7, 2009, 4:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Diamond > no offer for me

but I don't necesarily think thats a bad thing

What I'll do is see which offers are sent to fellow diamonds and then call in and make a pitch to the one that I prefer the most
Old Jul 7, 2009, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

What I'll do is see which offers are sent to fellow diamonds and then call in and make a pitch to the one that I prefer the most
I am on the same boat as you are however it would be interesting to know the criteria that is being used to target these multiple promotions to only specific diamonds (not having received any of them).

Could the reason be that I have well surpassed the qualification for both stays and nights for renewing my diamond status for next year or the fact that I have accumulated over 200k points this year (even though I think many fellow FTs would have done both of these already and are still receiving one of the promos)? I really hope this wasn't one of their reasons.

Last edited by mileageking; Jul 7, 2009 at 5:41 am
Old Jul 7, 2009, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Got this promo as a 3K bonus on a two-night stay

DEAR SHAREHOLDER,

At Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, we believe that your loyalty always deserves ours, and we would like to thank you for continuing to stay with us. Please enjoy this exclusive offer, compliments of Hyatt Gold Passport™.

Receive 3,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points when you book two nights or more at Hyatt™

To show our appreciation, every time you book two nights or more at Hyatt between now and September 30, 2009, we'll automatically award you 3,000 bonus points in addition to the points you already receive for your stay. Indulge in extra Hyatt hospitality by using these bonus points to upgrade your room during future stays, receive a free night, save for a weekend getaway or more.

To receive your 3,000 bonus points, simply provide your Hyatt Gold Passport number and choose "points for stay" when booking via hyatt.com or by calling 1-800-233-1234 or your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centre.

It's just part of our commitment to you

This exclusive offer is just part of a bigger commitment by every Hyatt hotel to extend our hospitality and make you feel more than welcome every time you stay. We've also recently introduced enhancements to our Hyatt Gold Passport program, providing many new benefits that we hope you're enjoying.

We hope you'll be pleased with this token of appreciation. On behalf of every member of the Hyatt family, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Jeff Zidell
Vice President
Hyatt Gold Passport

I did have a 2-night stay booked in Seattle for next month but changed it to two 1-night stays (at the Grand and the Olive) because I'd get 2x2.5K Mastercard bonuses and 2x1K Diamond Amenity bonuses. 3.5K is still better than 3K. However, it appears the brainiacs at HQ may have been reading FT after all and realized what a disaster they had on their hands with their regular customers being dumped in favour of their massive and utterly wasteful summer promo...with hordes of us fleeing across the street to stay at PC and SPG properties.

It is also not clear if these nights must be within a single stay or can be spread over different properties according to both the covering email and the T&Cs:

"You must be a recipient of this mailing to participate in offer. Member will receive 3,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on second eligible night between July 1, 2009 and September 30, 2009, at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites and Hyatt Vacation Club™ Resorts worldwide. Member must provide their Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in and be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which they are registered. Member must pay an Eligible Rate and choose points for their stay. Hyatt Gold Passport will automatically track nights when a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided.

"An "Eligible Rate" is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com, hyattplace.com, hyattsummerfieldsuites.com, prevailing rack rate, BAR, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), travelscape rates, airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt Vacation Club stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).

"Stays at hotels outside the U.S. may be subject to government approvals, regulations, restrictions and taxes. Other restrictions may apply. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice. This promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program Terms and Conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, Park Hyatt™, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, Hyatt Vacation Club™ Resorts, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. ©2009 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved."

Still a 3K bonus on every 2-nights (assuming these don't have to be minimum 2-night stays at the same property) just doesn't cut it when the competition has been offering the equivalent of 10K or more (the half value of a free night at one of their top end properties)!

Last edited by Shareholder; Jul 7, 2009 at 6:44 am
Old Jul 7, 2009, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Would anyone like to share that code???????
There is no code, you had to be targeted as my post above shows.

I suppose some of these offerings are fine if you're one of those earning status by staying a $100 Hyatt Places, but a good number of us stay in locations where the cheapest Hyatt brand room runs at move than twice that rate. So you may be appreciative of such crumbs, this offer does little to attract me to Hyatt (other than I have expended my full 4 free night limit in the PC promo and the SPG one is far less attractive since free nights can only e used on weekends and must be taken by the end of September) other than for the moment of the three chains I frequent most due to locations I visit, Hyatt now has some residual use to me if I can judiciously plan my stays to max out any such "promotions".
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:08 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
I got double stay until Sep 30th, hope they will have FFN after Aug 31st
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:13 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I am already enrolled in the Diamond double stay promo. Perhaps this is why I haven't gotten anything.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Ran some numbers...

I ran the HR Orange County - which I'm fairly familiar with and which remains pretty constant except for special periods - for weekdays (July). I don't think they hiked up their rates.

Their weekday advance purchase rate is $103. They hold it at that for the B2G3 code over three days, which brings it to $69/nt. For the same dates, AAA discount and promo rates are both $110. Government rate is $84, as usual. As expected, B2G3 doesn't work on the other discounted rates.

YMMV

Last edited by Firewind; Jul 7, 2009 at 7:30 pm Reason: replaced "affinity group"
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
double stay credit, now thats the one that I would like
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, National EE
Just making an observation, the crowd here certainly is very different. There isn't a ruckus being kicked up here regarding targetted promos compared to the SPG forums where they recently ran a targetted double points promo and there was a huge debate /fight over there.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
B2G3 and Suite Upgrades

I attempted to add the offer code to an existing reservation I have for 4 nights at Churchill in London. I am also using one of my Diamond suite upgrades with this reservation. Diamond CS agent came back and told me that I couldn't use both B2G3 and a suite upgrade. I would be interested in learning whether anyone else has this same experience...
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

Haven't gotten the email yet, but logging into goldpassport.com, I got 2500 points per stay when paying with my Mastercard.

ETA: Ignore what I had written earlier, I now realize this was an earlier promo which I had missed. I remain hopeful that they'll stack something else on top of this, as I only have 3 stays so far this year and usually I'd have about 10 by now. [Priceline has been beating Hyatt Place by ridiculous margins of about $50/night.]

Last edited by ElmhurstNick; Jul 7, 2009 at 5:00 pm
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
No offers for me yet
Old Jul 7, 2009, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by zacktravel
No offers for me yet
+1 for this Diamond

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.