Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Travelzoo -- do they or don't they earn stay credits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelzoo -- do they or don't they earn stay credits?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NotSoFrequentTraveler
I find the terms for "Eligible rate" very confusing:

An "Eligible Rate" is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on Hyatt websites, Hyatt Daily Rate, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc

The Travelzoo rate can be booked on the Hyatt website with the TVLZOO code, so shouldn't it be an elegible rate?
The rub comes in defining found on Hyatt website. If you did not have the code, and if the rate or offer code is not found on Hyatt Website then they can deny.

I am with you guys/gals who think otherwise, but I am not the one interpreting the rules.

As Bliss and I note above, every major chain that I can think of awards credit for TZ rates. The fact that I have received confirmation from three agents -- one who you are supposed to call when making phone reservations under this rate -- that it does not persuades me that you are taking your chances and are risking a fight which you very well may lose as Jonathan IT reports, that you will not earn stay or points credit.

YMMV and caveat emptor!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:40 am

We know that we must pay an "Eligible Rate" for at least one night of our stay to earn stay credit. As Hyatt matches every published rate on another site and will discounted it by 20%, common sense have it that these TZ rates we are talking does not fit into this basket. Might that "Ineligible Rates"? The answer is "YES". But as we don't hear the answer we are hoping for, some try to find ways that hyatt.com come up with TZ rates and innocently asks this question:

Originally Posted by NotSoFrequentTraveler
The Travelzoo rate can be booked on the Hyatt website with the TVLZOO code, so shouldn't it be an elegible rate?
Second part of T&C NotSoFrequentTraveler did not quote:

"Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), private rates (such as travelscape), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt Vacation Club stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
We know that we must pay an "Eligible Rate" for at least one night of our stay to earn stay credit. As Hyatt matches every published rate on another site and will discounted it by 20%, common sense have it that these TZ rates we are talking does not fit into this basket. Might that "Ineligible Rates"? The answer is "YES". But as we don't hear the answer we are hoping for, some try to find ways that hyatt.com come up with TZ rates and innocently asks this question:

Second part of T&C NotSoFrequentTraveler did not quote:

"Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), private rates (such as travelscape), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt Vacation Club stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).

I just wanted to keep it simple. I am even more confused with the second part because AAA and senior rates are discounted rates, shouldn't they be "Ineligible"? and what is an "Elegible" volume rate? "Volume" does not sound very different from "Wholesale". Anyway, it is pretty confusing for me.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:29 am

IMO Hyatts credit-stay practice is quite simple & reasonable even it does not fit in our travel needs. As outlined in post #17, Hyatt guarantees to provide the lowest on-line bookable rate for room reservations at Hyatt Hotels available to the general public on the Internet and will discounted it by 20%, if failed. Why dont you enquire if you feel you qualified?

Independently from that some complains about inconsistency are based on lack of knowledge:

Travelzoo is a global Internet media company with the mission to provide its customers & +18 Mio. worldwide subscribers the highest quality information on the very best deals other companies make available in the market. It goes without saying that we can not book on Travelzoo and there is one and only Travelzoo rate that exists. But we possible will find attractive hotel rates the might or might not eligible for stay credit within GP:

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
I didn't use the 13147 trick, but noticed that it doesn't appear work for the current TZ promo in Toronto.
This group/corporate number which was shared by NJUPINTHEAIR on this BB can be found at Hyatt Specials (offer already expired) and will generate a Limited Time Offer Rate at participating Hyatt properties. It goes without saying that this is an eligible rate.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
LRG, or not?

Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
We know that we must pay an "Eligible Rate" for at least one night of our stay to earn stay credit. As Hyatt matches every published rate on another site and will discounted it by 20%...[/i]
OK, how about taking this on another way. Why not call Hyatt's bluff, and invoke the LRG? "Hyatt, I can get this room for $X via TravelZoo (or the site it links). I believe the Lowest Rate Guarantee applies here..."

If told yes, and they book you, then credit is due. If told no, then there is no Low Rate Guarantee.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:39 am

As I tried to explain in post # 19, Travelzoo is a global media company and not a booking engine. You will find some offers are referenced by Hyatt but including a special offer code (here: TVL5). If you click on the link, hyatt.com code pulls up and you will find TVL5 in Special Offer Code field. You can delete this code (which I strongly recommend) and you find the same rate, named Limited Time. In that case, there is not doubt that you book an eligible rate.

There are circumstances an external source provides a special offer code for hyatt.com, BUT if we eliminate this special offer code, this promotional rate does not show up. In these cases, such rates are ineligible rates:

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
The original poster's question in this thread pertains to booking a special discount offer referenced from another website. This is not the same as booking the "hyatt.com" rate. In most cases special offer discounted rates such as this would not be eligible for Gold Passport credit. However, corporate rates, AAA rates, or Hyatt offers such as Gold Passport Bonus points or breakfast offers are all eligible rates.

Best Regards,

Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:41 am

Smart Shopper: WOW ! Excellent suggestion and post !
Old Oct 26, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
There is a new travelzoo special for $85 for Long Beach, CA that I just saw today. If I use the trick for "13147" instead of the travelzoo code, would I definitely get stay credit & points, etc.? Correct??

Is there any arguement for GP that I would be denied my credit b/c I manually did this switch??
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by musikdude
There is a new travelzoo special for $85 for Long Beach, CA that I just saw today. If I use the trick for "13147" instead of the travelzoo code, would I definitely get stay credit & points, etc.? Correct??

Is there any arguement for GP that I would be denied my credit b/c I manually did this switch??
No one really knows for sure, but the price is so cheap that it couldn't hurt to try it and find out -- after all, it's only a $100 anyway, right?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by musikdude

Once more:

If you take the time and search for HR Long Beach Speacial Offers, you will find a Fall Saving Promotion (book until 11/6/09 and save up to 50% off daily rate over the following dates: 11/8-25, 11/29-12/3 and 12/14-28, 2009):

• If you use this link, group/corporate # 13147 will be included. Check Availabilty and you will find Limited Time Offer (= Full Prepay/Non-Refundable) at $ 85+ for a Standard Room (if rate is available).
  • If you don't have any idea of this offer in question and search at hyatt.com for best available rates (not including group/corporate # 13147) the same rate will be quoted.

From my experiences:

• The vast majority of "Hyatt offers" I found at travelzoo.com are referenced by Hyatt. If these rates are available on hyatt.com - either by searching for best available rate or using a code provided on hyatt.com - we are paying an eligible rate.
  • If an external source provides a special offer code and/or group/corporate # for hyatt.com, BUT after eliminating this special offer code and/or group/corporate #, this promotional rate does not show up, in most cases such rates are ineligible rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.