Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz West Hollywood - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz West Hollywood - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DELee
Perhaps call them directly and remind them that none of those services/experiences are open. Stupid is.

David
I called the globalist line and they said it is a hotel by hotel policy. I'd rather just stay somewhere else than get into a he-said-he-said with some assistant manager who has more important things stressing him or her out.

I just found it odd they would not simply remove the charge given most the "amenities" are closed/etc.
Old May 29, 2020, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
I called the globalist line and they said it is a hotel by hotel policy. I'd rather just stay somewhere else than get into a he-said-he-said with some assistant manager who has more important things stressing him or her out.

I just found it odd they would not simply remove the charge given most the "amenities" are closed/etc.
Unfortunately, they're not paying attention. Their loss. And perhaps their job loss.

David
Old May 30, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: Eurobonus, Hyatt
Am I missing something, resort fees should be waived for Globalists?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 30, 2020, 12:01 pm

Youre right. I chalk that up to left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing on the part of the property, and a misinformed WOH agent. If a globalist gets charged resort fee, world of hyatt will get it waived if property didnt. Years back, some properties would mistakenly charge but in past few years, Ive seen no billing mistakes and Ive stayed at Andaz WeHo a few times.
Old May 30, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
it's part of their expected revenue , while advertising a lower rate publicly ... doesn't matter if half of the discount coupons are non-functional ... it's not as if andaz paid anything for them
Old May 31, 2020, 2:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
IMO since resort/destination fees and waivers thereof are a property-specific issue, you should take it up with an on-site manager rather than some generic agent at Hyatt corporate.
Old May 31, 2020, 4:44 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dkc192
IMO since resort/destination fees and waivers thereof are a property-specific issue, you should take it up with an on-site manager rather than some generic agent at Hyatt corporate.
It's not property-specific. Resort/destination/similar fees are waived for Globs, per the WoH T&Cs:

"Resort, destination, or facility fees, where charged by the applicable hotel or resort, will be waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate."
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Now taking reservations for after 6/15... but they are still rendering a "destination charge" that includes closed activities such as:Fox in a Box Escape Room (15% Off tickets starting at $5 8pp)

Cycle Bar (1 Day Pass Class or $30 Off)

Starline Tours ($5 off any tour prices starting at $45/adult)

Grammy Museum ($3 Off the adult price of $15)

$261 a night and still charging a "resort" fee. nice
Who told you that they're charging that? I had two stays there not too long ago and wasn't charged the fee.
Old May 31, 2020, 11:03 am
Suspended

Agreed...so just stay elsewhere?
Old May 31, 2020, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Living_on_Points
Am I missing something, resort fees should be waived for Globalists?
it would be waived for my room but not for the family members' rooms.
Old May 31, 2020, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Who told you that they're charging that? I had two stays there not too long ago and wasn't charged the fee.
The Hyatt website and the globalist hotline indicate the fee is still in effect. It is pretty sad if the hotel isn't charging it but the site and WOH concierges have not been informed.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The Hyatt website and the globalist hotline indicate the fee is still in effect. It is pretty sad if the hotel isn't charging it but the site and WOH concierges have not been informed.
The website has always displayed that for me as far as I remember. It's generic. Was never charged for any of it. Just ignore it!

That being said I think the Andaz isn't that much to write home about and their parking is a total rip off too (not applicable if you stay as a Globalist on points).
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The website has always displayed that for me as far as I remember. It's generic. Was never charged for any of it. Just ignore it!

That being said I think the Andaz isn't that much to write home about and their parking is a total rip off too (not applicable if you stay as a Globalist on points).
I agree: this isn't the most impressive Andaz.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any Updates on how folks are social distancing, globalist breakfast, etc?
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:14 pm

Breakfast at the hotel restaurant, can eat outdoor or take out. Very low capacity no worry about social distancing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.