Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz West Hollywood - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz West Hollywood - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
I wanted to give a shout out for this property. Granted it is not most scenic Andaz (or Hyatt) but we stay here quite a bit as the location is great for what we need to do in SoCal. I have stayed here during busy times and they work hard to accommodate. What I have really appreciated is my stays during tough times. I was there once during a surprise (well surprise to me) strike where most of the staff spent the day on the street protesting an item of concern (not sure exact details), what impressed me was how those who were working stepped up in every capacity including house keeping, dining, front desk, etc... I won't say it was flawless but as a business owner I appreciate seeing a team work to manage a problem.

Most recently we were there during the Covid shutdown. Coming from Texas I was shocked on how shut down the hotel and many other businesses were. Not to open up a political can of worms, however in Texas circumstances are much more vibrant although not fully open. I was pretty shocked seeing the lack of services and amenities at the property. However their team stepped up and made the best of a bad situation. They worked to accommodate us in every way possible. Once again I appreciate seeing a team work to help manage a rough situation.

Granted I am Globalist and stay their frequently however I observed the same level of service being offered to others several of who it was apparent were not familiar with the hotel.

Nate and his team work hard to accommodate and I look forward to my next visit.
59Impala likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I think this property has a lot of team members that have been with the hotel for years, some even since it opened as Andaz. While I'm not too impressed with the hardware I do think their staff is solid.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:03 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Booked for next September, there is no mention of a "destination fee" in the confirmation. has that gone again at this location? it would anyway be exempt for me, but just curious and a possible DP for others.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Booked for next September, there is no mention of a "destination fee" in the confirmation. has that gone again at this location? it would anyway be exempt for me, but just curious and a possible DP for others.
I just checked for SEP 2021. It's still there when you click on the details for your charges.

Occupancy Tax
City Tourism Asmt
Tourism Asmt
Destination Fee
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:24 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I just checked for SEP 2021. It's still there when you click on the details for your charges.

Occupancy Tax
City Tourism Asmt
Tourism Asmt
Destination Fee
Nope, not for me. Maybe Hyatt IT has updated the system to recognize the exempt customers? Although you should be exempted as a Diamond (sorry Globalist)

HR Scottsdale just before my Andaz stay shows the Resort Fee, so may be hotel by hotel?
Interesting

Last edited by 59Impala; Nov 26, 2020 at 1:26 pm
Old Nov 26, 2020, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was looking through the app. Try to book and see if it sticks.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 1:31 pm
formerly a193991

I was looking through the app. Try to book and see if it sticks.
excluded when booking through the app, too.

HOWEVER, Just figured it is excluded when using my corp rate. Under the „member rate“ the destination fee shows....
at the HR Scottsdale the resort fee shows up under my corporate rate, so it seems to be property specific.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 59Impala
excluded when booking through the app, too.

HOWEVER, Just figured it is excluded when using my corp rate. Under the „member rate“ the destination fee shows....
at the HR Scottsdale the resort fee shows up under my corporate rate, so it seems to be property specific.
Ah ok that makes sense. Certain NEGO rates might just have it waived because it's really just a fake rate inflation.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:22 pm
formerly a193991

Ah ok that makes sense. Certain NEGO rates might just have it waived because it's really just a fake rate inflation.
maybe, but if they can waive it up front, they could do so for Globs as well.... or they may want to show what the fee is and how much the Glob actually saves?

who knows
Old Nov 28, 2020, 9:47 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Checking in tomorrow. My last two stays haven't been too great, but this is the only Hyatt in the area (for now).
Old Nov 29, 2020, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dakid23
Checking in tomorrow. My last two stays haven't been too great, but this is the only Hyatt in the area (for now).
I'd love to hear how your stay was. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2020, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I'd love to hear how your stay was. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
Following as well. Thanks.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Any recent stays?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:18 pm

Yeah curious about how they are handling dining - is there an outdoors option or are they allowing indoors? Or only room service? Also I'm assuming they are comping valet for Globalists under current promotion? Thanks for anyone who can weigh in on a recent stay!
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:07 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by madderlake
Yeah curious about how they are handling dining - is there an outdoors option or are they allowing indoors?
I don’t have a recent stay experience to report, but the website indicates that food service is closed altogether, with a grab and go operational. Curious as well what they are offering for breakfast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.