Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:07 am

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Does anyone know know if Airport BUS A41 or other airport buses stop near hotel? Also anyone know which award level is it? I could not find it on the list?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA platinum, Air France Platinum,, Bonvoy titanium, AC 50k
Originally Posted by Taipei
Does anyone know know if Airport BUS A41 or other airport buses stop near hotel? Also anyone know which award level is it? I could not find it on the list?
I recently asked the hotel about transportation from the airport. Here is the reply:

"Thank you for you email, please be informed that our Hotel Limousine (4 Seaters Mercede Benz) service from the airport to our hotel will have a charge of HK$650 per trip.

As an alternative, there also a Airport Shuttle Bus service from the airport to our hotel, it runs every 30 minutes between 06:15hrs and 24:15hrs daily from airport to our hotel. The trip takes approximately 50 minutes and the fee will be HK$100 per trip per person."
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
From the airport I believe the A21 bus will take you to Hung Home Railway station. From there take the KCR to University station.

The hotel is at the University KCR stop not the Sha Tin KCR stop.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:16 am

Just finished a nice stay here this weekend. In my previous few occasions here, I have always booked a Mountain View room, and as a Diamond, have been upgraded to the River View room. Yesterday was my first time checking in to a Hyatt after the new Gold Passport benefits had been announced. This time, I got upgraded to a Deluxe River View room, which was about 1.5 times as large as the regular rooms. The Deluxe rooms have a bigger pantry, a bigger closet, a dining table seating four, a sofa in front of the bed and facing the LCD tv. The washroom is about the same size at the regular rooms, but without the glass partition next to the bathtub (i.e. it is a solid wall).

Upon checkout, I was very amazed to hear "Mr. XXX, I see that you have booked with the Offer Code GP746, and this will entitle you to an extra 2,000 points for your stay". In all my years staying at Hyatts, I cannot recall any hotel staff so proactively reminding me about these bonuses (usually, I have to chase these later). And, the Hyatt Sha Tin is only in its soft-opening stage. Good staff training! ^
Old Apr 8, 2009, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Just finished a nice stay here this weekend. In my previous few occasions here, I have always booked a Mountain View room, and as a Diamond, have been upgraded to the River View room. Yesterday was my first time checking in to a Hyatt after the new Gold Passport benefits had been announced. This time, I got upgraded to a Deluxe River View room, which was about 1.5 times as large as the regular rooms. The Deluxe rooms have a bigger pantry, a bigger closet, a dining table seating four, a sofa in front of the bed and facing the LCD tv. The washroom is about the same size at the regular rooms, but without the glass partition next to the bathtub (i.e. it is a solid wall).

Upon checkout, I was very amazed to hear "Mr. XXX, I see that you have booked with the Offer Code GP746, and this will entitle you to an extra 2,000 points for your stay". In all my years staying at Hyatts, I cannot recall any hotel staff so proactively reminding me about these bonuses (usually, I have to chase these later). And, the Hyatt Sha Tin is only in its soft-opening stage. Good staff training! ^
Just was curious, what is promotion code: GP746?

thanks
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Taipei
Just was curious, what is promotion code: GP746?

thanks
http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...entId=90017137

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin is the first international hotel to open in China's New Territories. Complete a stay by May 31, 2009, and earn 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points. Book your stay at hyatt.com and request Offer Code GP746.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 5:18 am

Thanks to all for the info! Ihad a nice stay there, took bus A41 to ShaTin Mall/ then train/subway to hotel. Checked in , and night manager walked me up to the room, and explained everything, including showing off the view the harbor. Had a nice stay, I will see if bonus does post!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:24 am

Thanks for the link and reply. Anyone try get it more than once? I did not see any anything saying is one time bonus, so wondering f I got back next week, if I will get it a second time?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Exclamation Regency Club opens 24 April 2009

Warm greetings from Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin!

Thank you for your email of 21April. I am pleased to inform you that our Regency Club will be available on 24 April for the Regency Club rooms guests and our in-house Diamond Card holders of our Gold Passport. Should you require any room reservation assistance, please contact me or our Regency Club team again directly. I look forward to welcoming you to Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin on many occasions.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Markie
Warm greetings from Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin!

Thank you for your email of 21April. I am pleased to inform you that our Regency Club will be available on 24 April for the Regency Club rooms guests and our in-house Diamond Card holders of our Gold Passport. Should you require any room reservation assistance, please contact me or our Regency Club team again directly. I look forward to welcoming you to Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin on many occasions.
I am at this hotel right now, at the newly-opened RC floor. Top floor, corner room, facing the mountain. I was told that I am the first person to actually use the room I'm in!

First impressions is very nice, rooms nicer than those at the GH, design very similar to the HR Kyoto. RC faces Tolo Harbour, very nice view, lots of windows. Breakfast spread adequate, not as nice at the GHHK (for example, no eggs) but decent enough (yogurt, fruit, pastries, congee, fresh fruit juices). Hotel is run by managers from the GHHK, a couple of which have introduced themselves already.

Good fitness room, excellent outdoor 25 meter pool. Pool ready to use, but they don't have a permit to operate, so still not open yet.

Easy to get to from the East Rail line University Station. However, no signs at the station as to which side to get out of (Gate B, by the way), and at night couldn't see clearly. Had to look at the reservation to find out the address, but really a short walk from the train.
Old May 11, 2009, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Uploaded some pictures for the new RC of Hyatt Regency Sha Tin @ Flickr
Old May 11, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Travel time to the Grand Hyatt

Getting ran out of the Grand Hyatt as my company wants to go cheap on me :-(

Any idea what the travel time is between the 2 locations?
Old May 11, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by eagl70
Getting ran out of the Grand Hyatt as my company wants to go cheap on me :-(

Any idea what the travel time is between the 2 locations?
It depends on your mode of transportation. In general I would say a little less than 1 hr.

Using public transportation:

Take the KCR from University station to Hung Hom station. Then take the 104 bus to Inmgration Tower (Gloucester & Luard), then walk across the plaza to the Grand Hyatt.
Old May 12, 2009, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Mad4Miles
It depends on your mode of transportation. In general I would say a little less than 1 hr.

Using public transportation:

Take the KCR from University station to Hung Hom station. Then take the 104 bus to Inmgration Tower (Gloucester & Luard), then walk across the plaza to the Grand Hyatt.
That's exactly it. If you time it right (by luck, of course) the whole thing should take about 35-40 minutes. The Hung Hom bus depot for buses going through the Cross-Harbour Tunnel is right above the Hung Hom KCR ("East Rail") station.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 1:37 am

Stayed here last weekend and was very satisfied. ^ At 800 HKD/night (prepaid rate), the price was right too. Full review and a few pics on TripAdvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ng_Region.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.