Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ckone501
The Airport Express or which train?
Yes.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
Yes.
OK, thanks will try.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
That's what I did. I did research options at the time. I do remember thinking the hotel was further from the train station that I had anticipated. You might want to ask the hotel about the cost differential of the Airport Express + taxi option is versus a striaght taxi from the airport option.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
That's what I did. I did research options at the time. I do remember thinking the hotel was further from the train station that I had anticipated. You might want to ask the hotel about the cost differential of the Airport Express + taxi option is versus a striaght taxi from the airport option.
Thanks for that. Will check with the hotel.
Old May 9, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; United Platinum;
Stayed here for a week and use a upgrade certificate. On arrival they upgraded me to a executive suite which has nice views over the harbor and Ma On Shan. The hotel staff was all very friendly and helpful. The suite was nice overall, the only things was that the carpet had way too much stains, they should clean the carpets more often. The regency club was nice, staff was nice but the breakfast got boring after one week.
Old May 30, 2013, 4:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I wonder if the room I'm in is an executive suite as it has a conference room with sliding doors around it. Clearly an upgrade from what I booked and plenty of space. I've been very happy here. Service in the Regency Club has been very attentive although not as many breakfast and snacks to choose from as the Grand Hyatt, there's been enough that I've avoided going out for dinner.

I didn't come up here to base myself for Kowloon or Hong Kong Island touring, but rather to take a look around the New Territories. I've been one station north to Tai Po Market and the small Railway Museum there, two stations south to the seven story mall at Sha Tin (I am addicted to the Fortress and Broadway electronic stores in Hong Kong), and then 4 stations south and east, with a train change, over to Che Kung Temple station for the Hong Kong Heritage Museum ($HK10). I have photos from those visits HERE so as to not clog this forum with non-hotel photos.

Trains covering these stops have all been less than $HK5 (about US 60 cents).

I did walk down to the ferry pier yesterday afternoon and took this photo looking back to the Hyatt (hotel starts at the 16th floor and has separate elevators):

The Regency Club is the second floor from the top (25) and includes an outside patio.

My 16th floor room which overlooks the pool, train tracks and the university in the distance:

View from Regency Club in the afternoon:

Pool (the gym is one story up on the left and a photo is on my Hyatt page):

More hotel and area photos HERE.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
I am thinking of staying here in November, has anyone had some recent experience with the Limo service the hotel offer?

For $720 it seems to be a pretty good deal, there will be 3 of us who will be tired and could not be bothered dealing with public transport till the following day.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:32 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by file51
I am thinking of staying here in November, has anyone had some recent experience with the Limo service the hotel offer?

For $720 it seems to be a pretty good deal, there will be 3 of us who will be tired and could not be bothered dealing with public transport till the following day.
No experience but assuming you are coming from the airport. The 720 is about double what a taxi costs - and Hong Kong taxis are fairly large so 3 with a reasonable amount of luggage shouldn't be a problem.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
No experience but assuming you are coming from the airport. The 720 is about double what a taxi costs - and Hong Kong taxis are fairly large so 3 with a reasonable amount of luggage shouldn't be a problem.
I ditto the taxi. Very easy.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
Thank you, I realise the limo option is more expensive, I was more looking at it from a convenience factor (having someone waiting at the terminal, no need to explain where we are going etc etc).

However if the taxi's are good, then we will consider that (my only experience in taxis in Asia have been in Beijing and Shanghai, and they were disasters... hence why looking at available options)

thx
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thank you, I realise the limo option is more expensive, I was more looking at it from a convenience factor (having someone waiting at the terminal, no need to explain where we are going etc etc).

However if the taxi's are good, then we will consider that (my only experience in taxis in Asia have been in Beijing and Shanghai, and they were disasters... hence why looking at available options)

thx
I've been to Hong Kong 2x in the last couple of years (one stay at the GH and one at ShaTin). Took a cab both times without problems. Don't forget that most people in Hong Kong speak English while Beijing and Shanghai may not.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:52 pm

You're not talking a lot of money either way. But if money was no object, u'd probably be staying at the Peninsula and being picked up in a Rolls Royce. BJA and Shanghai taxi drivers don't speak English. Most HK taxi drivers speak enough English to know the hotels. Otherwise, take a print out of the hotel's home page w address and tel # in Chinese. I really think you have have no issue. If u get in the taxi and the driver seems confused, get out and ask the dispatcher or another driver for help or change taxis. I think there is a low probability that you will have top dop this. The cost difference is probably more than 50 as you are not going as far as Kowloon or HK Central.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Took the limo last year (someone else was paying). The hotel rep was waiting just outside customs and then walked us to the hotel limo "station." The journey took about 30-40 minutes and there were bottles of water and newspapers/magazines in the car. The limo transfer was perhaps overpriced and totally unnecessary but really can't be beat in terms of convenience.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:39 pm

Stayed here last week, upgraded to a fantastic suite on the 25th floor. Great service in the RC, about a 25-30 minute ride on the train from downtown.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Filzee
Stayed here last week, upgraded to a fantastic suite on the 25th floor. Great service in the RC, about a 25-30 minute ride on the train from downtown.
I've stayed here at least 5 times and I've never been upgraded to a suite before. Thinking of which, I've never even been upgraded to a harbor view room before!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.