Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Awards - Wanted & Cancelling - Clearing Thread - 9/15/08-2/28/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Awards - Wanted & Cancelling - Clearing Thread - 9/15/08-2/28/09

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2008, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt, *wood, DL, UA, the Anywhere pass
Paris Vendome, FFN for one night on October 28--Cancelling

I'll be cancelling 10/28 Paris Vendome FFN in the next week or two. The hotel appears to be otherwise sold out. Let me know if anyone wants me to try to transfer the reservation to them.

This breaks my heart...but maybe it will make someone else happy.

BTW, I called GP to book this a few months ago. Only two separate nights were available in a three-month period for FFN at Vendome. The representative booked 10/28 for me and did not indicate that I would be required to book any other nights to redeem the FFN. So if GP booked it, then maybe a FFN one-night mid-week stay is sometimes allowed?
Old Sep 29, 2008, 2:50 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Paris-Vendome 27-29 December FFN wanted

If someone happens to have FFNs for these two nights and are cancelling please PM me.

I called Gold Passport and the agent i spoke with mentioned that I could book a single night weekday stay using FFN or GP points now...
Old Sep 29, 2008, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hopabout

BTW, I called GP to book this a few months ago. Only two separate nights were available in a three-month period for FFN at Vendome. The representative booked 10/28 for me and did not indicate that I would be required to book any other nights to redeem the FFN. So if GP booked it, then maybe a FFN one-night mid-week stay is sometimes allowed?
I assume you booked it on points as FFN did not exist a few months ago.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Just cancelled London Churchill for Oct 4-5.

Looking for Hotel Victor in Miami for the same dates.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 7:14 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Looking for Highland Inn Carmel for any Friday / Sat in October. I can offer in exchange one in Feb / Mar if interested.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 12:57 am

Programs: Hyatt, *wood, DL, UA, the Anywhere pass
Originally Posted by azepine00
I assume you booked it on points as FFN did not exist a few months ago.
I'd forgotten that the room I booked for 10/28 at Paris Vendome wasn't part of the current offer. It was from a "we miss you" / "stay one, get one" promotion that showed up in my promotional awards. Doesn't that make it a super-FFN?

I definitely did not book with points, so maybe someone could still pick it up with their FFN. I'm cancelling it by 10/10.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:31 pm

HR London

I just (18:29 Pacific Time) cancelled a points reservation at the HR London Churchill for Dec 29-31.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 3:35 pm

Grand Hyatt Kauai 1/13 to 1/20 Wanted

Help! I currently have 1/27 through 2/10 (14 days) at this same property using FFN. I can release these days if something opens up on my prefered travel dates of 1/13 to 1/20 (7 days).

Anyone interested in trading?

Thank you!
Kim
Old Oct 13, 2008, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by mauibride
Help! I currently have 1/27 through 2/10 (14 days) at this same property using FFN.
Now here's the problem with Hyatt allowing unlimited FFN booking without people having earned the FFNs yet........................People just booking truckloads of dates they don't need which keeps others from getting the nights they need.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I second that.
Perhaps the reason 1/13-20 is not available is because someone is hoarding those too? Maybe I should just book PH Vendome with all my points just for the heck of it and then cancel at the last minute...

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Now here's the problem with Hyatt allowing unlimited FFN booking without people having earned the FFNs yet........................People just booking truckloads of dates they don't need which keeps others from getting the nights they need.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
No, the problem is when FT'ers like you make assumptions and judgements without the facts. The spirit of this thread is "wanted & cancelling", is it not? Surely, I'm not the only one who's experiencing an issue with securing prefered travel dates. My "wanted" dates are not available, so I have selected alternate travel dates that are not ideal -- doable, but not ideal for my schedule. That does not mean that I won't use all of my hard-earned FFN's - yes, all 14 of them as of today. Our planned trip includes Kauai and the Big Island, and we'd like to break it up a bit.

More specifically, I am traveling 1/13 to 2/10, going to the Big Island first and spending the last 2 weeks at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. We prefer to spend 1/13 to 1/20 on Kauai, 1/20 to 1/27 on the Big Island, and subsequently return to the Grand Kauai 1/27 to 2/3. So, my FFN's for 2/3 to 2/10 can potentially be "cancelled" and released to someone else who may prefer these dates.

Originally Posted by azepine00
I second that.
Perhaps the reason 1/13-20 is not available is because someone is hoarding those too? Maybe I should just book PH Vendome with all my points just for the heck of it and then cancel at the last minute...
Actually, this is a long weekend since US schools are closed on 1/19 in observance of Martin Luther King Day. Some schools schedule a Teacher In-Service day on the Friday before, which would be 1/16 resulting in a long 4-day weekend. It's an ideal time to travel if you have kids and want to limit the amount of time they'll miss school.

I am not a frequent poster on FT, and I'll know next time to be more specific in my posts to avoid judgemental and snarky comments like these.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:25 am

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
brand new hyatt diamond looking for dates in kauai december 26-31 2008.

update: all good!

Last edited by monoflight; Dec 5, 2008 at 9:23 pm
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

Key West Hyatt December 16

I'm looking for the Key West Hyatt for Tuesday, December 16.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:35 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Looking for either PH Vendome or HR Madeleine for a FFN redemption from 11/27-11/30 (3 nights). Any help would be appreciated!
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

availability opened up
never mind

Last edited by azepine00; Nov 7, 2008 at 8:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.