FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/855558-ffn-earn-9-1-12-30-2008-now-official-complete-t-cs-faqs-first-post.html)

bostonbali Aug 23, 2008 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Explore (Post 10250550)
Yes, can we get a definitive answer on the 8/31 checkin, 9/1 checkout issue? Thx.

I second that - as a person who will be staying at a Hyatt on 8/31 and checking out on 9/1, I hope this stay will count!!!

pdb Aug 24, 2008 11:01 am

Originally Posted by wrose99 (Post 10250604)
Hyatt has always been set up to credit stays based on check OUT date. For example, staying on New Year's eve is always a way to start the new year with a stay credit. I will be very surprised if that has now changed for this FFN...

Sorry if this goes a bit off topic, but that same logic doesn't appear to apply to G1,G2,G3 bonuses, as I just tried booking a reservation 8/31-9/1 with a G2 bonus at a property advertising the G2 bonus from 9/1-11/30, and hyatt.com responded by telling me that no G2 bonus was applicable to that reservation (whereas, there was no problem making the booking with G2 bonus for 9/1-9/2).

Any illumination?

srodr Aug 24, 2008 11:36 am

I know we're hearing both answers here, but I just called the plat res line and was told that "last year went by check-out date, so this year should be the same". I'm going by that answer and booking my 8/31 stay.

yyzgigi Aug 24, 2008 11:53 am

Originally Posted by pdb (Post 10252295)
Sorry if this goes a bit off topic, but that same logic doesn't appear to apply to G1,G2,G3 bonuses, as I just tried booking a reservation 8/31-9/1 with a G2 bonus at a property advertising the G2 bonus from 9/1-11/30, and hyatt.com responded by telling me that no G2 bonus was applicable to that reservation (whereas, there was no problem making the booking with G2 bonus for 9/1-9/2).

Any illumination?

Bonuses are based on check in date, i.e. they have to valid when you check in to the hotel. Points are credited when you checkout, as you have not earned them until you stay. I think it actually makes sense.

NJUPINTHEAIR Aug 25, 2008 8:37 am

Inasmuch as we are now a week away from September 1, 2008, perhaps the Hyatt Concierge will clarify this issue soon?

bostonbali Aug 25, 2008 8:56 am

Looking to make a quick driving weekend trip to Chicago to take advantage of FFN.

What are the closest, most economical choices to Chicago (Hyatts, Hyatt Places or Summerfield Suites)? I'll have a car, so access is not a huge issue, but we also don't want to be an hour or so away.

So far, the best option I came up with was the Rosemont for around $109 on weekend nights in Sept.

joanek Aug 25, 2008 9:33 am

Originally Posted by SJC1K (Post 10206646)
It is a very bad idea to count on the one-month extension for Diamonds. GP has been very kind to do us that favor repeatedly, but that has never been a stated part of the FFN promotion, and they would be entirely within their rights to stop doing it.

I've been a diamond for several years, and have noticed it has been increasingly difficult to get the FFNs extended past the set expiry date. Also, you used to be able to ask for an extension at any time in the redemption period and usually get it, the last time around I wasn't able to get one until two weeks before the promotion ended. When I tried earlier, I was told "oh, you've got plenty of time to use those nights."

peteropny Aug 25, 2008 10:33 am

Originally Posted by joanek (Post 10256321)
I've been a diamond for several years, and have noticed it has been increasingly difficult to get the FFNs extended past the set expiry date. Also, you used to be able to ask for an extension at any time in the redemption period and usually get it, the last time around I wasn't able to get one until two weeks before the promotion ended. When I tried earlier, I was told "oh, you've got plenty of time to use those nights."

Posting as a regular member here and not as a moderator - I also don't think that you sould "count" on the extension - and hope that people will not call until close to the time of the expiration since that could encourage Hyatt to deny all extensions this time (and in the future). I also think that it will be harder in any event now since Hyatt has done away with the dedicated Diamond CS group.

19103_aa Aug 25, 2008 10:44 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali (Post 10256146)
Looking to make a quick driving weekend trip to Chicago to take advantage of FFN.

What are the closest, most economical choices to Chicago (Hyatts, Hyatt Places or Summerfield Suites)? I'll have a car, so access is not a huge issue, but we also don't want to be an hour or so away.

So far, the best option I came up with was the Rosemont for around $109 on weekend nights in Sept.

Not sure if you necessarily need to be in Chicago, but I've gotten very good rates at the Livonia Hyatt Place in the past...LTOs, AAA's. etc.

Firewind Aug 25, 2008 11:00 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 10256662)
...now since Hyatt has done away with the dedicated Diamond CS group.

Peter: They have?!?! When did this happen? I must have missed that day. :mad:

Joan: My experience tracks with yours. It seems that, early on, it's iffy, agent by agent. Word trickles onto this board about spotty successes. Then, in the last weeks, the gates seem to open wider and wider until all the (Diamond!) CSRs get the word. (This is crucial: It's been the Diamond CSRs, not the reservationists, who have had "the word"**) The "iffy" period lasts longer and longer, each year. I've guessed that it has to do with the utilization balance sheet as the expiry date approaches. In any event, Peter's advice is sage.

**Now, with the Diamond CS group gone, I suggest that the uncertainty factor will increase greatly. And, come to think of it, with March as the month in play, we'll be up against spring break occupancies, as well. May be best to be grateful for our gain that February is not in play, this round.

(Acknowledging that the unofficial extension was a huge Diamond privilege, with availability opening wide during that time. Which means that this year, knowledge of how to play the system will be the important advantage -- e.g., reserve during the official burn period with points and then backfill with FFN awards.)

peteropny Aug 25, 2008 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 10256796)
Peter: They have?!?! When did this happen? I must have missed that day. :mad:

Quite a few months ago - they've been integrated into the main CS group - supposedly they're trained to act as Diamond CSR but we all know how that goes.

Firewind Aug 25, 2008 11:25 am

Still :mad:. But, credit to Hyatt, I haven't had reason to care. Now, come February.....

Beckles Aug 25, 2008 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 10256925)
Still :mad:. But, credit to Hyatt, I haven't had reason to care. Now, come February.....

Ideally hotels and airlines wouldn't need special elite lines, the general customer service lines would be good enough to handle whatever one needed regardless of status, and in Hyatt's defense, I've never been left wishing for a higher level of service from them when I've contacted them without the benefit of dedicated Diamond level personnel.

wilma Aug 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles (Post 10257228)
Ideally hotels and airlines wouldn't need special elite lines, the general customer service lines would be good enough to handle whatever one needed regardless of status, and in Hyatt's defense, I've never been left wishing for a higher level of service from them when I've contacted them without the benefit of dedicated Diamond level personnel.

As a diamond, I have noticed substantial decline in CS without the dedicated diamond personnel. Calls take much longer and often require 5-10 minutes on hold while they try and sort out problems. Typically in the past similar calls would take 1-2 minutes.

Firewind Aug 25, 2008 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles (Post 10257228)

No argument.

OK, downgrade (upgrade?) from initial reaction :mad: to :(.