FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/855558-ffn-earn-9-1-12-30-2008-now-official-complete-t-cs-faqs-first-post.html)

SanDiego1K Nov 23, 2008 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by tourist (Post 10800514)
I have a FFN reward to collect in december, and only 4 stays YTD. So if I pay for parking or breakfast I could possibly get 5 stays and hence platinum for next year?

I sure wouldn't count on it. I've burned a lot of awards and FFNs around the world. I've only had 1 award stay post as a stay.

Markie Nov 23, 2008 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 10800645)
I sure wouldn't count on it. I've burned a lot of awards and FFNs around the world. I've only had 1 award stay post as a stay.

Yes, they are much better at tracking award stays than once they were.

b6v6 Nov 23, 2008 3:43 pm

FFN earned nights being removed for no reason

I had five ffn's earned last night and when this morning it was done to three ffn's. Has anyone else experienced this? I have sent an email to goldpassport for an explanation.

bbbb Nov 23, 2008 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by b6v6 (Post 10801130)
I had five ffn's earned last night and when this morning it was done to three ffn's. Has anyone else experienced this? I have sent an email to goldpassport for an explanation.

Do you have any nights booked with FFNs? If so one of the hotels might have taken them to cover the reservation. If this is the case you should be able to see where awards were taken and for what hotel by looking in your stay details.

b6v6 Nov 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb (Post 10801210)
Do you have any nights booked with FFNs?

Hi - i did have a stay (2 nights) booked with FFN's - however i canceled the booking. If they had used the FFN's for that stay - that should be reflected as redeemed as opposed to reducing my earned stays.

peteropny Nov 23, 2008 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by b6v6 (Post 10801327)
Hi - i did have a stay (2 nights) booked with FFN's - however i canceled the booking. If they had used the FFN's for that stay - that should be reflected as redeemed as opposed to reducing my earned stays.

I call those reserved usage "assigned / allocated" - if you made the reservation quite some time ago. After cancelling, it might take some time to "freeup". If it doesn't within a week or so (or if you need to use it otherwise), call up CS. FWIW, my account shows 4 earned and 3 redeemed (even though I've only actually used 2 and the other 1 is just reserved).

Gabatta Nov 23, 2008 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by phoenixgck (Post 10797423)
Is there any way to extend the free stay to March 2009?

I called to try and get this done for a stay in March. I spoke to two supervisors and was told to check back in mid February. It seems they are being much tighter with FFN usage this year. Just wait until after New Years when the hotels are empty and Q1 reservations are down though. I am guessing this may change things a bit.

SanDiego1K Nov 23, 2008 10:44 pm

During the last FFN period, Hyatt would not allow any extensions until the month in which they expired monthend. It sounds as though that is going to be the policy again this year. I just hope that come February, they do indeed allow the extension into March.

Explore Nov 25, 2008 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly (Post 10781614)
Ever since Hyatt had the FFN promotion I reserved the dates I wanted using GP points and as soon as I had accumulated the required FFN I switched the reservation to a FFN award.

I've done the same this year and now that I have finally accumulated my free night I went to switch the reservation over. However, I have been told by the Australian Call Centre that they couldn't do this. I told them that this has been possible every single year and there was no mention in this promotion to indicate that it would no longer be possible.

Quite frankly I'm really angry about this change (if true) because basically if they change something that critical with the FFN promotion they have to communicate this change to everyone. I was only staying at Hyatt again due to this promotion and now I feel that I've been tricked.

Also, I do believe that these FFN and GP awards come from the same room bucket as I did check availability using the FFNF08 code as well as points and if there is no points room available there is also no FFN room available and vice versa.

All I hear from the call centre is that there are no more rooms available. Yes, I know that but I already have the reservation which was available at the time and all I want to do is switch it over.

I didn't follow the FFN discussion here closely and didn't know about using the code to prebook the stay. If they allowed this I feel they should also allow people who have prebooked using points to switch over. After all, only loyal customers would be able to have enough points in their accounts to make these bookings. So they would only reward those people who have stayed with them in the past by allowing them to prebook their FFN. I think this makes good sense from a business perspective.

I agree with you that Hyatt's behavior is outrageous here. I think you have options: 1) PM the GP Concierge, Hyatt's CS rep on this board. 2) Call back and the next agent may make the switch. 3) Cancel the points booking and see if that results in an award room becoming available online. Then immediately call and request an FFN reservation.

kawoh Nov 27, 2008 4:32 pm

award

Hi - can i book an award with my gold passport points and have them change that to a FFN award once i have enough? Or do they go in a sep alotment please?

bbbb Nov 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by kawoh (Post 10823816)
Hi - can i book an award with my gold passport points and have them change that to a FFN award once i have enough? Or do they go in a sep alotment please?

If FFN is available you can book online before you earn by using offer code FFNF08. It will show no cost if available.

kawoh Nov 28, 2008 2:03 am

Awesome

Originally Posted by bbbb (Post 10823894)
If FFN is available you can book online before you earn by using offer code FFNF08. It will show no cost if available.

just booked it, thanks! ;-)

stevens397 Nov 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Clearly, I don't have the time to go through 19 pages, but if EVER there was a reason for a mileage run, this is it!

We go to the Park Hyatt in DC every two months to visit our son and his family. Absolute cheapest full rate is $299. $79 to check into local Hyatt, Do the math!

best Nov 29, 2008 10:00 am

That is a good math, but there are even bigger differences with more expensive Hyatts.

icurhere2 Nov 29, 2008 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by stevens397 (Post 10827528)
We go to the Park Hyatt in DC every two months to visit our son and his family. Absolute cheapest full rate is $299. $79 to check into local Hyatt, Do the math!

Make sure you pay with a MasterCard AND check "Gold Passport Bonus Offers" to see if there are any "G" bonuses - you could potentially earn enough points for another free night at a Category 1.