FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/855558-ffn-earn-9-1-12-30-2008-now-official-complete-t-cs-faqs-first-post.html)

bbbb Aug 28, 2008 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR (Post 10273674)
I hate to quetion Peter's knowledge when it comes to Hyatt, but I am not at all certain that one can earn GP points while another name is on the credit card that pays the bill. Moreover, I seriously doubt that such payment would generate a FFN.

I am unsure that this would work as I am almost positive that other hotel frequency programs require the name on the credit card to match the name on the bill for points earning purposes -- I am positive that Hilton requires this, and am pretty certain that both SPG and Marriott, do, as well.

Therefore, based on my beliefs, I would be quite surprised that Hyatt departs from the above modus operandi.

I certainly would get something in writing from the Hyatt rep -- if you can -- concerning what you intend to do.

Good luck!

In the past the only problem with name matching was at Hyatt Place hotels.

Snoopyo Aug 29, 2008 5:58 pm

For those living or visiting the Atlanta area, Hyatt Place Atlanta/Alpharetta/Windward Parkway often has weekend rate of $62 prepaid and $69 cancellable. Sometime AAA could knock this down to $59 or lower..

RichardInSF Sep 2, 2008 12:00 am

I couldn't find this addressed elsewhere but it looks like for this FFN you can pay with ANY credit card and still get the FFN. What you miss is a MC 2,000 point bonus if you use another card.

Whereas previously, you had to use a MC or you didn't get the FFN even.

Is that right?

I ask this as my situation is that for foreign transactions, my MC charges a significantly higher exchange rate premium than my Amex (3% vs 2%).

gohorns Sep 2, 2008 6:51 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 10295659)
I couldn't find this addressed elsewhere but it looks like for this FFN you can pay with ANY credit card and still get the FFN. What you miss is a MC 2,000 point bonus if you use another card.

Is that right?

I ask this as my situation is that for foreign transactions, my MC charges a significantly higher exchange rate premium than my Amex (3% vs 2%).

That's correct.

S-Man Sep 2, 2008 10:33 am

Use web checkin rather than showing up

Can I book the cheapest Hyatt I can find which has web checkin, then just do a web checkin, or do I have to physically check in? Do I still have to physically get a key even after a web checkin?

AZ Travels the World Sep 2, 2008 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by S-Man (Post 10297937)
Can I book the cheapest Hyatt I can find which has web checkin. . .

No, you must actually stay at the hotel.

thezipper Sep 2, 2008 1:49 pm

Just a note... my stay on the 31st, checking out on the first, did post and I have 1/2 a FFN... now to get my next stay booked!

TravelGuy1965 Sep 2, 2008 1:49 pm

Yup - this is great. Previously those people who had to use Amex Corp Cards for business travel now get to benefit from the FFNs where they couldn't previously.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 10295659)

Is that right?

gohorns Sep 2, 2008 2:23 pm

My stay posted from Aug 31-Sep 1, but I don't seen the 1/2 FFN. Does it show in "My Promotional Awards"?

R xTravel Sep 2, 2008 3:00 pm

No luck here - no credit (stay or FFN) for my 8/31/08-9/1/08 stay. Hopefully, it's only because of the holiday.

BETA Sep 2, 2008 3:04 pm

My 9/1 checkout also posted. I just had a notation in my account summary regarding being halfway toward a FFN, as well as the traditional MasterCard charge notation in the stay details. I don't have an FFN section in My Promotional Awards, yet.

gohorns Sep 2, 2008 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by BETA (Post 10299819)
My 9/1 checkout also posted. I just had a notation in my account summary regarding being halfway toward a FFN, as well as the traditional MasterCard charge notation in the stay details. I don't have an FFN section in My Promotional Awards, yet.

That's interesting. In my account summary, it always says register to participate in FFN. I've registered several times already.

BETA Sep 2, 2008 4:21 pm

Here is the language from my account summary:

Now More Ways to Earn Faster Free Nights™
You are currently one stay away from your first Faster Free Nights™ Award...

TravelGuy1965 Sep 2, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi,
Same for me but the the section under my promotional awards is not incrementing like it has on past ffns.

Originally Posted by BETA (Post 10300313)
Here is the language from my account summary:

Now More Ways to Earn Faster Free Nights™
You are currently one stay away from your first Faster Free Nights™ Award...

HouFlyer Sep 5, 2008 6:59 pm

How many ffn earning stays so far?

I did my first mattress run at the Hyatt Regency Houston today. $90 AAA rate plus G1 and W1. Checked in after work...took less than 10 minutes. May swing back in the morning for free continental bfast.

I have 3 nights booked at the Park Hyatt in Chicago...so need 5 more stays.