FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/855558-ffn-earn-9-1-12-30-2008-now-official-complete-t-cs-faqs-first-post.html)

Mary2e Aug 22, 2008 9:17 pm

OK... I remembered that last FFN period, it was my husband who collected most of the mattress runs.

He had a check in on 8/31 with check out on 9/1 and I'm 100% certain it counted for FFN.

He also had another check in on 9/2 at the same hotel to finish off the mattress run for the weekend :)

devik Aug 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by martyYYZ (Post 10242527)
Your 2 stays need to be at different hotels to get the FFN.

I don't think this is true. Yes, they need to be two different stays, but they can be separate one-night stays at the same property (as long as there's at least a full day in between, in other words, stay Friday, check out Saturday, stay Sunday, check out Monday would be totally legit).

Originally Posted by halothane (Post 10243210)
Can FFN be redeemed at resort properties? I am a bit confused :confused:

Yes, definitely. This is one of the key advantages of this promotion: stay a couple times at a local HP and convert it into a night in Kauai or somewhere else spectacular!

There are actually more restrictions on redemption at non-resort properties, i.e., a FFN redemption at a non-resort property during the week has a 3-night minimum (see the FAQ for exact details on this).

Originally Posted by musikdude (Post 10244463)
Is it correct to assume that one must wait until sept. 1st to use the hyatt website to make a FFN reservation using the code FFNF08?? Or would you be able to get a headstart and look for availabilty at a property today?

For EARNING free nights: No. Any reservation you make now - or even any that you already had made - for any stay from Sept. 1 onwards (or check in Aug. 31, check out Sept. 1, as some here have stated will qualify) will qualify you for earnings towards the FFN tally. You must register for the FFN promotion on the GP website first, but you can go ahead and make reservations either on the web or on the phone and they will automatically count for you at eligible properties. You don't need that code for anything, actually (not for redemption either, frankly).

For REDEEMING free nights: Technically you need to have earned the FFN credit (it shows up in your online GP account) by accruing 2 qualified stays and waiting for them to process such that the credit appears, and then a Hyatt phone rep can book the FFN award reservation for you over the phone - for a stay beginning Sept. 15th or later.

That "waiting for them to process" thing can be tricky though. The T&Cs say to allow 10 days after the second stay for the FFN night to post but it can take much longer. In past promos, because of the requirement that payment be by Mastercard, there were sometimes glitches in how the property showed the stay and whether it qualified. These may be less common now that the general FFN promo is not tied to form of payment (just the sweet 2k bonus part is). The GP reps can usually clear things up when the automated system doesn't cooperate, but you'll likely have to monitor things yourself through the website.

I'm pretty sure you can search for award availability using the GP Award Search on the website - FFN awards pull out of the same inventory as a standard GP award (I think).

Originally Posted by musikdude (Post 10244463)
Will the FFN have to be deposited into your award account prior to being allowed to even attempt to make the reservation??

If you've accrued the stays and the FFN credit hasn't posted yet, and you have enough GP points in your account, you might consider making an award reservation using the GP award, then once the FFN credit shows up, calling to switch it out.

devik Aug 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by johnndor (Post 10245213)
Does anyone have any experience with splitting a bill at check-out? I have to charge my room to my corporate AmEx, but if I have dinner charged to the room, and can get the front desk to put that portion on my MasterCard at checkout, could that get me the 2k bonus? Or am I SOL?

Since they've never structured a FFN this way before, we'd all be speculating on the answer here -- but let me be first to do so by saying that my guess is yes, you're SOL (sorry). Previously the whole thing was dependent on using the MC for the stay (the actual room charge) and the scenario you described would not have gotten you credit towards FFN.

Regardless, it's sure nice that we're not restricted to the MC this time around and can accrue FFNs with any method of payment (though I won't be missing out on those extra 2k points so will still be using the MC, personally).

devik Aug 22, 2008 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by ngalliance (Post 10242435)
I have a Hyatt Place down the road from me for 66.95 a night.

Room rate 66.75 x 2 = 133.75
x 5 points per $ = 668.75 points
x 30% bonus = 200
500 point bonus per night = 1000 points
MC bonus for two nights= 2000

So for two one night stays for $133.75 total I would get around 3868 points and a FFN? Is this right?!?!?!

Mulling this over and realizing that as a Diamond, the two nights @ $133.50 + tax -- let's call it $160? plus the minimum 16-ish hours of time in actually spending those two nights, will net you one night almost anywhere (am thinking Vendome? Buenos Aires? Carmel? Sydney?) plus almost 5000 points (including the eventual 1k for the Diamond amenity at the FFN property)...

DIAMOND + FFN* = PRICELESS

*+ down economy :( that motivates Hyatt to offer an even sweeter FFN promo this year

yosithezet Aug 22, 2008 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by devik (Post 10246830)
Mulling this over and realizing that as a Diamond, the two nights @ $133.50 + tax -- let's call it $160? plus the minimum 16-ish hours of time in actually spending those two nights, will net you one night almost anywhere (am thinking Vendome? Buenos Aires? Carmel? Sydney?) plus almost 5000 points (including the eventual 1k for the Diamond amenity at the FFN property)...

This Diamond amenity is not available in Vendome, BA, Sydney, is it? I only stay at Hyatts outside NA and have never gotten one.

devik Aug 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 10247048)
This Diamond amenity is not available in Vendome, BA, Sydney, is it? I only stay at Hyatts outside NA and have never gotten one.

I haven't yet stayed at those properties (thus my excitement for FFN!) but I had thought the Diamond amenity is available at any Hyatt property worldwide - but was wrong.

The Diamond benefits page says indeed: Bonus points available at hotels in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean, excluding Park Hyatt hotels.

Fine print. :(

VA1379 Aug 23, 2008 8:40 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 10247048)

You cannot claim points as the diamond amenity outside of North America, but you should still be able to take the food and beverage option.

m3m3m3 Aug 23, 2008 10:10 am

[QUOTE=ngalliance;10242462]

Originally Posted by ngalliance (Post 10242435)
Are these FFN nights usually easy to redeem? I have a Hyatt Place down the road from me for 66.95 a night.. If I stay there for two one night, how many points would I receive in addition to the FFN? I would receive Diamind bonus...

Room rate 66.75 x 2 = 133.75
x 5 points per $ = 668.75 points
x 30% bonus = 200
500 point bonus per night = 1000 points
MC bonus for two nights= 2000

So for two one night stays for $133.75 total I would get around 3868 points and a FFN? Is this right?!?!?!

Are you guys just booking hotel stays for the FFN and points? Just wondering if people are just booking stays (and not needing to actually stay at a hotel) just to get free nights at higher end hotels and points.

Sorry - I'm new to this FFN. Thanks

pdb Aug 23, 2008 10:11 am

Are pre-paid/non-refundable rates booked on hyatt.com eligible, as well? I remember reading a couple of years ago about some rates booked on hyatt.com *not* being eligible. (There are still some 25% off pre-paid rates still available for booking.) Thanks in advance.**

Per GP, the answer is yes. *HOWEVER* per a supervisor's confirmation, FFN will apply to check-ins commencing 1-Sep (i.e. not check-in 31-Aug and check-out 1-Sep). Can we get some sort of official confirmation of the policy from our Hyatt GP Concierge?

SanDiego1K Aug 23, 2008 10:29 am

Originally Posted by pdb (Post 10248368)
Are pre-paid/non-refundable rates booked on hyatt.com eligible, as well?

Yes, they are.

jayer Aug 23, 2008 11:09 am

[QUOTE=m3m3m3;10248363]

Originally Posted by ngalliance (Post 10242462)

Are you guys just booking hotel stays for the FFN and points? Just wondering if people are just booking stays (and not needing to actually stay at a hotel) just to get free nights at higher end hotels and points.

Sorry - I'm new to this FFN. Thanks

See private message. We'll get you up to speed.

Firewind Aug 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Bravo Hyatt

Seems a lot more generous than last year. Both the official earn and burn periods are a month longer. (Bumping Diamond availability into March, we hope? At least it makes February "official", which is a great improvement.) Any credit card. And was Andaz in it, last year? :)!

Now, if we can continue to identify properties that haven't gone up in price...

peteropny Aug 23, 2008 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 10249856)
And was Andaz in it, last year? :)!

There is still only one Andaz (in London - formerly Great Eastern). Last year you could a qualifying stay at Andaz but not redeem there - this year appears that we're back to the usual 2 for non-redemptions - GH SD & HR Paris Madeleine.

Explore Aug 23, 2008 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by pdb (Post 10248368)

Per GP, the answer is yes. *HOWEVER* per a supervisor's confirmation, FFN will apply to check-ins commencing 1-Sep (i.e. not check-in 31-Aug and check-out 1-Sep). Can we get some sort of official confirmation of the policy from our Hyatt GP Concierge?

Yes, can we get a definitive answer on the 8/31 checkin, 9/1 checkout issue? Thx.

wrose99 Aug 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Hyatt has always been set up to credit stays based on check OUT date. For example, staying on New Year's eve is always a way to start the new year with a stay credit. I will be very surprised if that has now changed for this FFN.

(Starwood does it the opposite way, by the way, check IN date is what matters).

Originally Posted by Explore (Post 10250550)
Yes, can we get a definitive answer on the 8/31 checkin, 9/1 checkout issue? Thx.