Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
$8 is the difference between continental ($32) and full breakfast ($40).
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:13 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
And breakfast is only served in the Park Lounge on Sundays so everyone who has access, including Globalists, eats in Radii.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
I stayed here with my wife and daughter in September last year. We dined at Radii for breakfast each morning. On checking out, there were three charges of $8 for breakfast on the last morning. I asked what they were for and they replied they "didn't know". On further "investigation", they surmised it was because we had ordered coffee with breakfast.

I looked as puzzled as I could, pointed out that I don't drink coffee (although my wife and daughter did have a coffee each - on each of the three mornings) and that as a Diamond, I thought breakfast, including coffee, was complimentary. They wiped the charges "just this once", but I had always surmised that it was simply the upcharge for each of us from continental to full breakfast on that final morning.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed here with SWMBO two nights from Last Sunday - Upgraded to a "Terrace Suite".

No charge for full breakfast.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

An interesting and cute appointment:

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/appoi.../79014392.html

Mr. Walker
Named first canine ambassador
At Park Hyatt Melbourne, Australia
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
An interesting and cute appointment:

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/appoi.../79014392.html
This is excellent. I will be treating myself - first time ever - to a stay at a nicer property, PH Melbourne in November. (peteropny once helped me secure a couple of FFNs at the PH Chicago; in Melbourne, it'll be cash.) I'll be fresh from a long work stint, and, well, a dog may be about what I need. Beyond that, though, I grew up with a trained guide dog who was considered "better suited to other duties". Ah memories.

Side note: Things went askew with my schedule and original reservation. Rates went up over time. I received great customer service re-aligning dates without knocking rates out of the park.
Aventine likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
This is excellent. I will be treating myself - first time ever - to a stay at a nicer property, PH Melbourne in November. (peteropny once helped me secure a couple of FFNs at the PH Chicago; in Melbourne, it'll be cash.) I'll be fresh from a long work stint, and, well, a dog may be about what I need. Beyond that, though, I grew up with a trained guide dog who was considered "better suited to other duties". Ah memories.

Side note: Things went askew with my schedule and original reservation. Rates went up over time. I received great customer service re-aligning dates without knocking rates out of the park.
Please post some pics of the furry ambassador!
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
So to confirm - if I have club access (via explorist cert) I get free (continental) breakfast in the restaurant except for Sunday, when it’s served in the lounge correct?

Saving some $$ vs a rate that explicitly includes breakfast. Want to make sure I’m not being penny wise...
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:07 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by jmanirish
So to confirm - if I have club access (via explorist cert) I get free (continental) breakfast in the restaurant except for Sunday, when it’s served in the lounge correct?

Saving some $$ vs a rate that explicitly includes breakfast. Want to make sure I’m not being penny wise...
That would be the case if you booked a club level room, but technically the club access certificates don't upgrade you to a club level room, they just give you access to the club. Any firsthand reports on how this property treats the club access certificates? You would think they would be sensible and give the daily breakfast, but this property already nickel-and-dimes Globalists on breakfast benefits, so maybe not.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
That would be the case if you booked a club level room, but technically the club access certificates don't upgrade you to a club level room, they just give you access to the club. Any firsthand reports on how this property treats the club access certificates? You would think they would be sensible and give the daily breakfast, but this property already nickel-and-dimes Globalists on breakfast benefits, so maybe not.
That better not be the case. Access to club gets you free continental breakfast. In a OMAA review, they gave him a piece of paper explaining breakfast in radii.

hopefully somebody has some first hand experience. Otherwise I'll be the test case, and will plan on fighting for it while there/after.

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It’s not a typical situation since a club at a PH is the exception... and a club/park lounge that doesn’t serve a lot of breakfasts as well.

And you cannot be that upset, it’s quite clear that these certs are not intended to be used at a PH and no properties grant a restaurant breakfast for them.

So you might get lucky, but that’s it.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
It’s not a typical situation since a club at a PH is the exception... and a club/park lounge that doesn’t serve a lot of breakfasts as well.

And you cannot be that upset, it’s quite clear that these certs are not intended to be used at a PH and no properties grant a restaurant breakfast for them.

So you might get lucky, but that’s it.
Except continental breakfast is an explicit inclusion. Specifically (bolding mine)

Use 4 Club lounge access awards annually at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts at the time of reservation. Access includes continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres
Source: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...camp=explorist
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:54 pm

To Update:

Explorist using club award. Wasn’t upgraded to actual club level room (expected), but had no problems with breakfast.

First day they actually screwed up and told me the whole buffet was included so got hot items included. Other days correctly told me it was just the continental but for $AUD8/pp I could upgrade to the full spread which we declined. No charges on our folio at checkout.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to revisit the breakfast issue and noting in that 30 or so nights here, I have never been up charged for full breakfast as a globalist / diamond, I post this from the T & C's:
When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children ...
The park lounge generally only serves breakfast on Sundays, so for any other day of the week there should be no charge to Globalists for full breakfast in Radii.

(FWIW we have not been charged for full breakfast in the restaurant taken on Sundays either but we dont stay Saturday nights that much. YMMV.)
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Will be at Melbourne in January. Debating whether to stay here or the GH. Rate is about the same but for $20 more I get a $100 dining credit at PH. I'm not a Diamond so will probably use it on breakfast. Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.