Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Guangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Guangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hyatt Diamond SPG Plat Marriott Plat
Stayed here in August 2014 for business. Loved it. Nice swimming pool with SPA hot tub . Breakfast in the restaurant. Nice park downstairs and the bar street is a 5 minute walk across the park.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:31 pm

Grand Club at Guangzhou

Hi all,

I've been given access to the Guangzhou grand club, but I have a few questions, given that the welcome letter is a bit confusing...

Does only one person get free access, or do all the occupants of the room get free access, and if I bring anyone else do they get charged?

Are 5:30-7:30pm the 'complimentary' hours when anyone you bring in won't get charged?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hyatt Diamond SPG Plat Marriott Plat
You won't get charged by bringing guests to the club. For breakfast, personal experience that you can have 4 people as a diamond member. I was there August last year and party of 3 had breakfast without any extra charge.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Giroud
You won't get charged by bringing guests to the club. For breakfast, personal experience that you can have 4 people as a diamond member. I was there August last year and party of 3 had breakfast without any extra charge.
Thanks - I'm not a diamond member, just staying in a 'club' suite with two others registered in the same room.

So there is a decent breakfast in the morning? What time does it go up to? Because the other day I was up there with 2 other guests and I was informed of the charge?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by curioustill
Thanks - I'm not a diamond member, just staying in a 'club' suite with two others registered in the same room.

So there is a decent breakfast in the morning? What time does it go up to? Because the other day I was up there with 2 other guests and I was informed of the charge?

If they're all registered in the same room as you (i.e. you're paying the rate for 3 people), then you all have club access. They only charge you if you bring up external guests. Quite good breakfast in the morning from what I can remember, but not sure of the times; it should be on the letter.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:19 am

Hi, does anyone who has stayed there recently know if the shuttle from GZ East Station is still available for hotel guests?

Also, can breakfast be had in the restaurant (instead of Grand Club) and any complimentary laundry for suite guests?

Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:41 am

Anyone stay here recently? Anyone know if they still have the free pick up from GZ East train station?
Any advice for someone staying here for the Canton Fair?

TIA

Originally Posted by eriond
Hi, does anyone who has stayed there recently know if the shuttle from GZ East Station is still available for hotel guests?

Also, can breakfast be had in the restaurant (instead of Grand Club) and any complimentary laundry for suite guests?

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Scho76
Anyone stay here recently? Anyone know if they still have the free pick up from GZ East train station?
Any advice for someone staying here for the Canton Fair?

TIA
When I stayed (on DSU), there was no free transportation from GZ East. Taking a taxi should cost you approximately 30 yuan depending on traffic; not worth taking the metro as it involves a change at Tiyuxilu. I should probably mention that GZ East was very chaotic (even when compared to SZ).

Some of its best staff have went over to PH GZ since its opening so standards may have dropped a little.
Old May 17, 2016, 7:03 pm

Do Diamond member get breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant at this hotel? Can't remember seeing hot items in the lounge last time I was there, but I wasn't diamond back then.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by frenchie2
Do Diamond member get breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant at this hotel? Can't remember seeing hot items in the lounge last time I was there, but I wasn't diamond back then.
Only lounge. But the lounge definitely has hot food. It is a very good lounge, with view of the Pearl New Town, and the staff is very good.
FYI, you can order eggs (made to order, from the staff).

I had a very good experience here, got upgraded to a suite (was on cash and points), lounge is full-service and has lots of delicious food and real tea (they make it for you). Internet is free (if you know what I mean).
The lounge staff are competent in English, front desk staff are not uniformly so.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Hmmmm.... We must got lucky. We were there in early April and checked in at the main lobby (didn't want to mess with 2 elevator rides to the club and then to the room). I asked if breakfast was at lounge only or in the restaurant too, the person in charge told us that we can eat at either and want to know what is our preference. I asked him where should we eat and he suggested the restaurant. Now reading your experience, we must got breakfast upgrade along with a free suite upgrade.

The new rule only cover 2 adults and 2 kids, but received one time curtesy for my children age 13 and 16 too!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here. Didn't love the hotel - nothing struck me as really bad but the rooms, location and service were all so-so. It is a perfectly adequate but nothing special place. I prefer the Westin, especially the location, even though the Westin rooms are tired. Service there is fantastic

that said, the GH food quality is really good. I had many lunches and breakfasts there - QC excellent
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:08 pm

The hotel is aging a bit but still works for me. The furnishing can be a bit frayed in places. I do think there are better newer hotels around that offer better value. The breakfast selection in the restaurant is excellent and varied. For dinner, I would just eat around the area right outside of the hotel. There are a ton of options in nearby malls and in the underground mall. There are a lot of restaurants by Tiyu West Road station too.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent reviews of hotel, service, location and club lounge?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any recent reviews of hotel, service, location and club lounge?
I stayed at this property two weeks ago.

Was given an option of a high floor tower view room (45 sqm) or a low floor non tower view deluxe suite (90 sqm). Picked the latter as I prefer more space over better view.

Room looks old and TV wasn't functional, so we had to get the engineer to come fix.

Globalist is entitled to happy hour at the club lounge and breakfast at both the Market Cafe and the lounge.

Happy hour had 4 hot dishes and some dim sum, along with made to order noodles and dessert soup. They were pouring a $4 USD sparkling wine.

Breakfast at Market Cafe is among the best in town. Fresh off the oven croissants and egg tarts with a sumptuous selection of dim sum, noodles, and other Chinese dishes.

Overall was an enjoyable stay.

Deluxe Suite

Happy Hour

Happy Hour

4 USD sparkling wine

Breakfast
Kirk T likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.