Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What to do with Expiring Platinum Certs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: All

Hello all -

Any insight into what you all are doing with the Platinum Certificates that are expiring on 3/31 ? Any hints as to what Gold Passport will do for us (i.e. 1,000 point credit for dining, etc.) ?

Thank you !
Old Mar 29, 2007, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Use them or loose them. Plain simple.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 2:17 pm

Not so. You can mail them in to the address on the back and get replacements.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Give em to friends who can use them if you can't.
Old May 17, 2007, 10:09 pm

Just an update to this: I had some expired paper certs that I mailed to Omaha. I received an email this week stating the conversion to E-coupons and as such, they were not available. Instead, they comped me 1000 points per cert I mailed in. In case you have some extras laying around, it may be worth your while to try. As always, YMMV
Old May 18, 2007, 5:50 am

I have tried to use 2 expired coupons in the last month; for the first Hyatt, they didn't bother to check the expiry date, and gave me the amenities. For the 2nd Grand Hyatt stay, they realised the cert expired; however I asked politely if there was any chance they could honor it, and they did. Nice box of chocolate, and a bottle of wine.

Try it at you next stay. Good Luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.