FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Sarasota REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/658347-hyatt-sarasota-review-master-thread.html)

Daftryan Oct 16, 2022 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 34686227)
thank you so much!!

No prob. Btw, there isn't a whole lot to walk to, and while you're on a marina, you're nowhere near a beach. Ubers are easy to get, though. Hope you have a nice stay!

projectmaximus Oct 17, 2022 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Daftryan (Post 34686233)
No prob. Btw, there isn't a whole lot to walk to, and while you're on a marina, you're nowhere near a beach. Ubers are easy to get, though. Hope you have a nice stay!

I'd definitely suggest driving over to St Armand's Circle. And downtown Sarasota isn't a bad place to walk, but I imagine the 10 min or so walk from the hotel to the reach downtown isn't a great walk. I say this as someone who's never actually been to this Hyatt, just seen the grounds from afar.

scillyisles Oct 21, 2022 10:03 am

Stayed here earlier this year - breakfast buffet was good - not sure I would describe it as fantastic though. Staff seemed very friendly and helpful.
Rooms are comfortable if dated - rooms with view over the marina can watch the manatees playing in the marina. Walking into downtown is not too bad, takes about 10 minutes to get to the restaurant area. St Armands Circle is a shortish drive away. When we stayed there was a lot of road construction work around the area.

UsernameChuck Jan 9, 2023 11:47 pm

Can anyone comment on whether "rental" of kayaks / SUPs / fishing tackle is indeed included in the resort fee? My daughter wants to try a SUP and that bay seems like it could be a good place for it... if there isn't too much boat traffic, I suppose. We'd be there over Presidents Day. Thanks!

Beckles Jan 10, 2023 6:40 am

Originally Posted by scillyisles (Post 34698806)
Stayed here earlier this year - breakfast buffet was good - not sure I would describe it as fantastic though. Staff seemed very friendly and helpful.
Rooms are comfortable if dated - rooms with view over the marina can watch the manatees playing in the marina. Walking into downtown is not too bad, takes about 10 minutes to get to the restaurant area. St Armands Circle is a shortish drive away. When we stayed there was a lot of road construction work around the area.

There is a lot of construction work near the hotel associated with a massive revamp of the public/park spaces near the hotel, they're only working on phase I of many more to maybe come that involves the space between the hotel and the performing arts center (here's a recent picture), here is the master plan of what it will ultimately look like, here's a good presentation on the phasing of the project, Phase II is starting soon. I've been visiting this area for about 25 years now, not sure the realism of eliminating all that parking and the well-used public boat ramp that the master plan ultimately envisions, but that's all after Phase II.