Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Sarasota REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Sarasota REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2013, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Flying to TPA and considering this hotel. Currently all reservations are at Clear Water, but I'm thinking of landing in Tampa and getting to a destination such as Sarasota, but not sure if its conveniently near TPA to do the trek right off the bat.

Is the lounge at Sarasota always open? What sort of food can we expect lately?

What is there for kids to do?

Is it advisable to visit this property during Christmas break? Are point upgrades easily attainable?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Is the lounge at Sarasota always open?
Is it advisable to visit this property during Christmas break? Are point upgrades easily attainable?
No lounge at the Hyatt (Regency) Sarasota, it used to be the Hyatt Sarasota.

All the properties on the coasts in Florida will be very very full during the X-Mas season, the Grand Tampa might be one exception. I would not count on automatic upgrades etc.

Your strategy for Clearwater was brilliant, booking some months in advance and calling the property to see what they can offer you. I recommend the same for all the other hotels.

Sarasota is an old-school property, recently renovated, but still stuck in the original set-up, so the pool area is relatively small and overcrowded, when the hotel is at capacity.

The suites are very nice, spacious, two floors, beautiful views.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:36 am

I think the pool - while possibly overcrowded during holidays - was pretty good. Nice shallow entry for kids and a nice waterfall on the other side. This will not rival the pool of great resorts but it's much better than an average urban hotel.

Sarasota is great with kids. The hotel is across the street from the GWiz science museum (good for a few hours), a few minutes from the Mote Aquarium, St. Armand's Circle (lots of shops, restaurants, ice cream joints, etc...) and the Ringling. Hotel is also a walk (or very short drive) to the better-than-you'd-think restaurant scene of downtown SRQ.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
No lounge at the Hyatt (Regency) Sarasota, it used to be the Hyatt Sarasota.

All the properties on the coasts in Florida will be very very full during the X-Mas season, the Grand Tampa might be one exception. I would not count on automatic upgrades etc.

Your strategy for Clearwater was brilliant, booking some months in advance and calling the property to see what they can offer you. I recommend the same for all the other hotels.

Sarasota is an old-school property, recently renovated, but still stuck in the original set-up, so the pool area is relatively small and overcrowded, when the hotel is at capacity.

The suites are very nice, spacious, two floors, beautiful views.
Alas, I ended up cancelling Sarasota. I actually got a reservation at the Cypress in their exec accomodations, December 22 to January 5.. Orlando during this time period through Christmas and New Years was too good to pass up. Plus I got extremely lucky last night as there was no availability and as the evening rolled along January 2 to 5 opened up.. and then December 26 to 31 opened up.

The hotels I kept for our vacations all have lounges.. With a 7 year old and 3 year old, its important to have a lounge. Thanks for the comments, it really helped me to decide as it was a very hard decision to make.

I was also told by the Diamond Line that Sarasota is more of a business type hotel. If they had a lounge, it would have helped. But definitely, I want to try this hotel out in the future.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Does anyone have some recent pictures of the bi-level suites? looking at staying there for Memorial day.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:11 pm

Nice property with good service, The complimentary breakfast for diamonds is one of the better ones. They also have free little paddle boats by the dock that you can take advantage of. my only negative is that ive stayed here about 3 times and theyre quite stingy with upgrades, IIRC they would not let me use a DSU for the bilevel suite.
Regency Jacksonville treats diamonds better.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:26 am

Just finished a three night stay here using points. I got a room on the 9th floor w/balcony facing the water and loved it! I thought the pool was great for laying around and getting some sun. I'm more of a lay around and occasionally dip your toes in the pool type of guy, so the pool area was everything I wanted. Didn't try any food and brought my own beer, so I can't comment on the quality of the food, but the place definitely exceeded my expectations.

The rooms were clean, well appointed, and a decent size for a standard room. The staff was courteous and seemed to go out of their way to be helpful.

I took advantage of the free shuttle to St. Armand's, which was a nice touch. All in all. I thought this was a great hotel, and a value for the points a night requires. I would go back in a second.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:20 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jay00848
Does anyone have some recent pictures of the bi-level suites? looking at staying there for Memorial day.
Take a look at my TripAdvisor Review - numerous photos attached. I stayed in a Bi-Level Suite last Christmas, and I have it booked again for this year. AMAZING room!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...a_Florida.html
Old Jun 21, 2015, 1:39 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Does anyone know if this property allows Diamond breakfast via room service?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:15 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
<bump>

Any recent reviews?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:45 am
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Does anyone know if this property allows Diamond breakfast via room service?
No, they do not. But, the buffet is excellent and has a few rotating specialty items on a daily schedule.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:54 am

Thanks. Saw your TA reviews. Booked the Exec Suite. Considered the Bi Level but one of the family member snores so a solid door is required for soundproofing!

Had to book the Ritz Carlton for the first two days as the HR is sold out. Not paying RACK for a base room.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Seems like the last room renovations were about a decade ago.

Are the rooms in need of refurbishment?

Would like to visit Sarasota early 2018, but one of my biggest room peeves is "dated furniture".
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Seems like the last room renovations were about a decade ago.

Are the rooms in need of refurbishment?

Would like to visit Sarasota early 2018, but one of my biggest room peeves is "dated furniture".
Stay at the Ritz Carlton. The suites are gorgeous and a great club lounge.

We were going to split our stay between the two but didn't want to leave the RC.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Stay at the Ritz Carlton. The suites are gorgeous and a great club lounge.

We were going to split our stay between the two but didn't want to leave the RC.
Just checked out the rates at the RC.

Three nights next Feb for a limited view (cheapest) room is $700 including tax.

At the Hyatt I can have a suite for half the price (or much less if I use C&P with DSU).

This past Presdient's Day long weekend, had a suite at the Hyatt in Austin for just over $100 per night. Both rooms were spiffy with two bathrooms, view spectacular, value tremendous.

That's what i am looking for....

Can Hyatt Sarasota deliver?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.