Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:22 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Looks like the ability to request cooked-to-order eggs is back for clubroom breakfast guests. Hurrah!
thank you for the heads up ^😎
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Was it ever not available ?
yes they took it away for years after guests started to complain the eggs took to long to arrive
and their guest scores started dropping 😮😱
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

yes they took it away for years after guests started to complain the eggs took to long to arrive
and their guest scores started dropping 😮😱
wow the past three years I got my eggs / omelet with no issues
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:04 pm

wow the past three years I got my eggs / omelet with no issues
I know in the past the eggs came up from Montagu kitchen on the lobby level
The elevators are slow trying to get omelettes up to the 8th floor
Not sure if they have made alternative cooking arrangements closer to he club
Guests complained about wait times and cold eggs by the time they received them
On busy Club lounge days you can imagine what a juggling act the hotel had on their hands
Anyway its a wise move as a number of hotels in London give club or restaurant the guest chooses one or both
Though I'm a fan of the Churchill they lost a lot of my revenue in recent years to other area hotels that are more generous with top tier breakfast policies
that exceed all generosity typically found in North America
A number of INT hotels rock
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:26 pm

On busy Club lounge days you can imagine what a juggling act the hotel had on their hands
Anyway its a wise move as a number of hotels in London give club or restaurant the guest chooses one or both
Though I'm a fan of the Churchill they lost a lot of my revenue in recent years to other area hotels that are more generous with top tier breakfast policies
Shame we are there every year and have always enjoyed it even now that I have phased my status out relying on my Lifetime PLT P now Titanium status. I am not sure which is worse "Globalist" or "Titanium". Each hotel chain has fumbled that one bad really bad

Anyway we still when in London stay here
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Shame we are there every year and have always enjoyed it even now that I have phased my status out relying on my Lifetime PLT P now Titanium status. I am not sure which is worse "Globalist" or "Titanium". Each hotel chain has fumbled that one bad really bad

Anyway we still when in London stay here
Some Hyatts do well offering a full breakfast in the restaurant but others struggle with inadequate lounge facilities. GH Seoul had the same problem until they converted a big restaurant space to a new GC. That can't happen at the Churchill so I don't know how we get fresh, hot eggs?

I think Bonvoy takes the perverbial cake. Hotels being Bonvoyed will never recover but that's for the Marriott forum.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
So when a hotel like this has a problem with as simple as hot eggs and omelets, just fix it. My goodness, Hyatt House hotels can manage to provide guests with a an omelet "chef" right in their breakfast area. Many other hotels we've stayed at do this also in their clubs. . What can be SO complicated that it couldn't be solved quickly? We've never been very impressed with the Club in this property even vs. those we have at some HR in the U.S. The last time we were there, maybe a year ago, someone came around serving some appetizers rather than just having them out for us to take. They were small and it appeared they were offering one per person. In our minds, this "high end" property has a long ways to go with providing an adequate service in their Club. We will be there again in October and hope what they offer in that Club has substantially improved. However, we have stayed there numerous times and the Club staff in the reception area are truly outstanding.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
The hotel should just make it optional for Globalists to take the breakfast in the restaurant.
Aventine likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Aventine
Some Hyatts do well offering a full breakfast in the restaurant but others struggle with inadequate lounge facilities. GH Seoul had the same problem until they converted a big restaurant space to a new GC. That can't happen at the Churchill so I don't know how we get fresh, hot eggs?

I think Bonvoy takes the perverbial cake. Hotels being Bonvoyed will never recover but that's for the Marriott forum.
I was there over Xmas for a week, busy time, had hot eggs every day in the lounge, no problem. Lounge had weekend breakfast hours all during the holidays and handled things very well. Busy sure, but the smaller (adults only) lounge seemed to always have room, and I always found room in the larger lounge.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

I was there over Xmas s 2018 for a week, busy time, had hot eggs every day in the lounge, no problem. Reasonably prompt and never not satisfactory. Lounge had weekend breakfast hours all during the holidays and handled things very well. Busy sure, but the smaller (adults only) lounge seemed to always have room, and I always found room in the larger lounge.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:48 am

In the ten years of annual trips to London and staying at the Churchill I have always had fresh hot egg orders, great service preferring the "business" lounge across the hall rather than the larger one, I would suggest that if you have a problem as for the GM, he's one of Hyatt's best internationally ( he opened the PHV)

And frankly I think WOH is equally as bad as BONVOY both lame attempts. Globalist or Titanium really?
SeeTheLights likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
And frankly I think WOH is equally as bad as BONVOY both lame attempts. Globalist or Titanium really?
agree the fake made up names are just stupid - destroy years of work building up reputation under old program names. Doesn’t fool anybody and neither does new devalued program.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Looks like the ability to request cooked-to-order eggs is back for clubroom breakfast guests. Hurrah!
yes and very fast today. 😁

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Staying here as an explorist using my cert now. Got upgraded from a base queen to a square-facing renovated king so as good as it gets per WOH T&Cs

was let in at 9am after an early morning arrival. I left LHR T3 at 8:25...it’s that quick using HEX + cab

very impressed with everything so far as an Andaz regular and first timer here. No a la carte option for club breakfast but the buffet is sufficient.
Similar to my experience except that staff had removed my explorist upgrade cert the day before checkin (I saw the redeposit courtesy of AwardWallet) ... Doubt this was an “accident”. Anyway the front desk staff was very gracious and fixed the problem without any pushback. Received a similar room at 11am checkin while other were clearly waiting in lobby so no complaints here.

Not as as nice as room I received as diamond and quite a bit smaller than executive room I typically receive at Marriott GS which was my “go to” hotel before the reboot to bonvoy. The 8th Fl Hyatt lounge is 3x nicer than basement lounge at GS.

Unfortunately after 2 nights I have been reminded of 2 things I disliked at Churchill: (1) musty smell in hallways from certain occupants smoking (2) loud conversations in hallways at all hours from families visiting each other’s rooms. Never observed either problem over repeated stays at both Marriott GS and JW Marriott GH.

Last edited by Boraxo; Mar 26, 2019 at 5:09 am
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo

agree the fake made up names are just stupid - destroy years of work building up reputation under old program names. Doesn’t fool anybody and neither does new devalued program.

yes and very fast today. 😁

Similar to my experience except that staff had removed my explorist upgrade cert the day before checkin (I saw the redeposit courtesy of AwardWallet) ... Doubt this was an “accident”. Anyway the front desk staff was very gracious and fixed the problem without any pushback. Received a similar room at 11am checkin while other were clearly waiting in lobby so no complaints here.

Not as as nice as room I received as diamond and quite a bit smaller than executive room I typically receive at Marriott GS which was my “go to” hotel before the reboot to bonvoy. The 8th Fl Hyatt lounge is 3x nicer than basement lounge at GS.

Unfortunately after 2 nights I have been reminded of 2 things I disliked at Churchill: (1) musty smell in hallways from certain occupants smoking (2) loud conversations in hallways at all hours from families visiting each other’s rooms. Never observed either problem over repeated stays at both Marriott GS and JW Marriott GH.
One of the issues at the Churchill is the number of families visiting from other lands who have a different view on staying in hotels, many traveling with staff to "mind" their children. Some of it is cultural some lack of decorum that's one reason there are two lounges one for families and the other a "business lounge" no children allowed which is enforced.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:28 am

IF They did not have the 2nd lounge --I would never stay at the hotel -I do not even like eating in the restaurant because of what you said - but 2nd lounge makes it ok - the hotel staff are very accommodating and nice
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Last night a guest “accidentally” pulled fire alarm at 11:30pm. Fortunately I was still up & working and was able to jam down quickly. Observed a few rooms doors open with people in various states of undress. Was surprised at how few evacuated but maybe that is a discussion for the hotel fire safety master thread. Anyway was not impressed with hotel response - nobody knocking on doors -would not have been good in a real fire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.