Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I don't know the details of the Prive rate. But as a Globalist you get breakfast in the Club. Does Prive get you breakfast in the restaurant?
Old May 5, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I don't know the details of the Prive rate. But as a Globalist you get breakfast in the Club. Does Prive get you breakfast in the restaurant?
Yes.
Benefits at the Churchill require a 2-night minimum stay:
  • ​​​​​​​$100 hotel credit (not valid at third party businesses eg Locanda Locatelli)
  • Room upgrade (if available, confirmed within 24-48 hours of booking, if requested by your travel agent - supposedly not from non-suite to suite, though we have had luck with this elsewhere)
  • Breakfast for two at hotel main restaurant
  • Welcome amenity of your choice (eg wine, chocolates etc)
  • Early check-in from 9am (if available, confirmed within 24-48 hours of booking, if requested by your travel agent)
  • Connecting room priority if required (confirmed within 24-48 hours of booking, if requested by your travel agent)
Old May 6, 2018, 8:47 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by price123

Yes.
Benefits at the Churchill require a 2-night minimum stay:
  • $100 hotel credit (not valid at third party businesses eg Locanda Locatelli)
  • Room upgrade (if available, confirmed within 24-48 hours of booking, if requested by your travel agent - supposedly not from non-suite to suite, though we have had luck with this elsewhere)
  • Breakfast for two at hotel main restaurant
  • Welcome amenity of your choice (eg wine, chocolates etc)
  • Early check-in from 9am (if available, confirmed within 24-48 hours of booking, if requested by your travel agent)
  • Connecting room priority if required (confirmed within 24-48 hours of booking, if requested by your travel agent)
If you're Globalist and you also book the Prive rate, do you get to combine benefits (e.g. late checkout)?
Old May 6, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
If you're Globalist and you also book the Prive rate, do you get to combine benefits (e.g. late checkout)?
Yes... you do get to combine your Globalist benefits (Club Lounge access, late check-out, waived resort fees, etc...) with the Privé benefits. And when the benefits overlap, you will receive the better of the two benefits.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:57 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are two types of executive suites that I am aware of. There is the type "overlooking the A/C units," as the above poster says and the type overlooking the street and Portman Square. There are two of each on every floor (except on floor 9). I personally prefer the type without the view because they are larger than the other type, but either is fine for me. I've only stayed in the 9th floor suites once or twice, but generally prefer the normal executive suites.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Used a suite upgrade certificate here. I would strongly argue that the room they upgraded us to is not a suite. It's just a slightly larger room with a partial divider with a TV on each side of the divider, and a small seating area. I feel a bit ripped off... . Called front desk and the lady who checked us in promised they would show us a suite with two separate rooms and a balcony on the 9th floor once it's cleaned - never happened.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Used a suite upgrade certificate here. I would strongly argue that the room they upgraded us to is not a suite. It's just a slightly larger room with a partial divider with a TV on each side of the divider, and a small seating area. I feel a bit ripped off... . Called front desk and the lady who checked us in promised they would show us a suite with two separate rooms and a balcony on the 9th floor once it's cleaned - never happened.
Well you apparently are experienced internationally so this shouldn't have come at a surprise. I have found the Churchill's suites to be on the smaller size never the less much nicer after the remodel.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Yes, unfortunately the "suite" you were given is the Regency Suite King and is the standard suite the hotel has chosen as eligible for TSUs. It's important to check what each property designates as its standard suite, but certainly no excuse for no follow-up from the FD.

As a side note, this is one of the weaknesses of WoH as some properties choose junior "suites" as the TSU-eligible "suite" and this devalues TSUs considerably for me / makes the benefit rather property-dependent and thus guest-dependent.

I will note that, many years ago, the HR Churchill has upgraded me to the Premium Suite Balcony on DSUs in the old program.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:33 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
"never happened?" well, did you follow it up?

Our last upgrade (approximately 7 night stay, on a corporate rate) was an upgrade to part of the Presidential. It was a "true" one-bedroom, though without a balcony/terrace. Used a certificate, were proactive about the upgrade.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by gengar
Yes, unfortunately the "suite" you were given is the Regency Suite King and is the standard suite the hotel has chosen as eligible for TSUs. It's important to check what each property designates as its standard suite, but certainly no excuse for no follow-up from the FD.

As a side note, this is one of the weaknesses of WoH as some properties choose junior "suites" as the TSU-eligible "suite" and this devalues TSUs considerably for me / makes the benefit rather property-dependent and thus guest-dependent.

I will note that, many years ago, the HR Churchill has upgraded me to the Premium Suite Balcony on DSUs in the old program.
Yes, me too, which is why I expected something different.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:16 pm

We've stayed in the Regency Suite King many times but not in the last year or so. There was always a door between the sitting area and the bedroom. In fact, if you look at the photos of that suite on the hotel's website - photo #5 shows the door. So it appears that's an old photo that should be removed. It's terrible that they believed that eliminating the door was an improvement.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
We've stayed in the Regency Suite King many times but not in the last year or so. There was always a door between the sitting area and the bedroom. In fact, if you look at the photos of that suite on the hotel's website - photo #5 shows the door. So it appears that's an old photo that should be removed. It's terrible that they believed that eliminating the door was an improvement.

Thats a great suite oh be it at the very end of the hallway! They remodeled and much nicer. Last trip we have top corner over looking the park nice balcony
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Are you sure you were given the Regency Suite King and not the Regency Suite Balcony? Because the photo that you mention above is not of the Regency Suite King, but actually of the Regency Suite Balcony. There is no way the bathroom layout of the Regency Suite King can allow for that photo. In fact, photos 3, 4, and 5 for the 'Regency Suite King' are also used in the 'Regency Suite Balcony' photo lineup and are definitely of the latter (it's obvious from the width of the bedroom). So it appears that the property is inappropriately showing photos for the wrong room - not outdated photos.

I even wonder if historically (pre-renovation, or otherwise) they named these rooms differently. In the past, I was always given the Regency Suite Balcony for my DSU.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:32 pm

Are you sure you were given the Regency Suite King and not the Regency Suite Balcony? Because the photo that you mention above is not of the Regency Suite King, but actually of the Regency Suite Balcony. There is no way the bathroom layout of the Regency Suite King can allow for that photo. In fact, photos 3, 4, and 5 for the 'Regency Suite King' are also used in the 'Regency Suite Balcony' photo lineup and are definitely of the latter (it's obvious from the width of the bedroom). So it appears that the property is inappropriately showing photos for the wrong room - not outdated photos.

I even wonder if historically (pre-renovation, or otherwise) they named these rooms differently. In the past, I was always given the Regency Suite Balcony for my DSU.
I think you're right. But there was a door between the bedroom and sitting room.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:58 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We had a pleasant stay last week. I used an Explorist Lounge Upgrade on my points reservation for three nights. Upon arrival, went up to the lounge where Solhy (who is apparently well-known to several FTers) checked us in. We were upgraded to a Garden View King on the 4th Floor that had undergone the renovation. The room was cozy but very comfortable and we appreciated the abundance of USB wall outlets in the room. We used the adults-only side of the lounge for our breakfasts and enjoyed the selection of items. We didn't stick around for evening canapes, though. We had afternoon tea downstairs at The Montagu (mostly for convenience) and it was ok, but not great. We found the location to be very convenient to mass transit via TFL buses and the Tube (and my WofH card with Apple Pay worked great for these with 2X points for mass transit) visiting the Wallace Collection and shopping and dining in Soho. I can see why so many FTers like this property.
Markie likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 17, 2019 at 4:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.