Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt DFW REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt DFW REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
That's the name.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 1:15 pm

Location: Fort Worth, TX; AA EXP, Starwood Gold, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Gold
I stayed at The DFW HR last night. I live in the area, but it was last minute because of broken water pipes. It cost me 5,000 Hyatt Points (a great deal compared to the points needed at other Hyatts). The room had been updated since last time I was there, the bed was really comfy, with a down comforter and pillows galore.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by we2sparks
I stayed at The DFW HR last night. I live in the area, but it was last minute because of broken water pipes. It cost me 5,000 Hyatt Points (a great deal compared to the points needed at other Hyatts). The room had been updated since last time I was there, the bed was really comfy, with a down comforter and pillows galore.
Thanks for the update....honestly if the bed has been upgraded and the room refurbished, for my purposes I think the DFW would work just as well as the Grand, given that it's almost 60% cheaper.....
Old Jul 27, 2005, 4:19 pm

It seems they would have to differentiate between the two hotels somehow.

I don’t think they could call them the DFW Hyatt Regency New hotel and DFW Hyatt Regency Old Worn hotel.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:24 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I've stayed at both HR DFW and the GH DFW. The DFW beginning of this year and the GH just a week ago. The GH is leaps and bounds better than the DFW one, and the HR is a dump compared to the GH. Beds at the GH were very comfortable, rooms were modern, flat panel LCD TV, turndown service with chocolates, seperate shower and bathtub. Also, it is right next to the checkin desks in Terminal D, so no need to wait for the hotel shuttle. The service was worthy of a 5* hotel, and the food in the restaurant was on par with a high end NY restaurant although the price was up there as well. Only thing lacking was a grand club, but as a diamond, I was given 2 $14 vouchers for breakfast for use in the restaurant.

I would definitely stay here again the next time I pass through DFW. Much more convenient than other airport hotels. The time saved by waiting for the airport shuttles, is well worth the slightly higher price.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:22 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called the Grand today and the person who answered the phone said they will also validate self-parking (i.e., it's free). She seemed to be certain of her knowledge. Good news!
Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:22 pm

I don't make it a habit to stay at Hyatts usually, but I was at the GH Thursday night (in a suite, no less) and was very impressed by the level of service, the quality of the room, and most of all, the hotel's integration into the terminal. I could take an elevator to my floor straight from the terminal itself, and I could watch planes take off and land from both the top floor gym and the pool on the roof. Those may be little things, but they're the kind that stick with me -- I appreciate the hotel's embrace of its surroundings. I'm tired of big-box hotels on the edge of the airport that seem to have forgotten why they're there...
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Here are my perceptions:

1) Self parking (which is pretty close) is free. Valet parking is $16.
2) Restaurant has very nice place settings for breakfast. The service was remarkable. The breakfast dish I ordered was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had at a North American Hyatt. The continental breakfast credit was like $14 or $15 for Diamonds. A complimentary shot of smootie is provided just like the Hyatt Regency DFW, so they may be competing head to head.
3) No one has mentioned this but I felt that the beds were purposely a little firm for my taste. They were big and new but not like the pillow soft beds like in the Park Hyatt's or newly remodeled Hyatt Regency's.
4) The meat and cheese amenity was excellent but this may be the new standard now with Hyatt.
5) Fitness room was FULLY equiped with view of the runway. Even has a very nice free weight barbell system that requires no spotter because of a special safety system.
6) It is very easy to access airport. Terminal D has no one using it yet so there are NO lines. You can then access the Skytrain from there to what ever terminal you need. Next to the Hyatt escalator there is a huge AA check-in counter area that is now empty of people but it does have active check-in computers but they do not allow for International check-in.

Last edited by westcoastman; Sep 7, 2005 at 12:12 am
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Stayed at the Grand Hyatt DFW last night. It is an excellent hotel, and MUCH nicer than the only DFW Regency. Definitely worth the price premium in my opinion. The location right in the terminal is fantastic if you are transferring through the airport. The staff could not have been more helpful.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 2:26 am

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dayone
Gaylord Texan Resort?

My recollection is that it was going be a Grand Hyatt for a long time, certainly from when construction started.
No, it was originainlly supposed to be an oppryland similar to Nashville, it is hudge though. I'm going to be staying threre Sun/Mon night.

Scott
Old Nov 6, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Just to follow up on comments from earlier posters - I have now stayed at the DFW GH twice.

1. Pool is great if you are an adult and enjoy airplanes or are two years old and your favorites words are "Busses", "Choo-choo" and "Zoom"!
2. Small but pleasant gym.
3. Friendly, proactive staff.
4. Convenient for flyers (more so than the HR).
5. Sort of pricey.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Has the Regency DFW been fully renovated room-wise? I remember staying there about a year and a half ago, and I remember being thoroughly unimpressed, if not disappointed, with the rooms. The beds had those cheap polyester "comforters" and the fuzzy taupe (polyester as well?) blankets that are ubiquitous in lower-grade properties.

However, just a couple of weeks ago, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Boston Financial Center, and fell in love with the beds there. One of the most comfortable beds I'd slept in in a long while.

Are these the beds that are also in the DFW Regency property (not GH)?

If not all of the rooms have yet been renovated, which room type should I request at check in?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diam, AA plat, Hertz gold
The Regency has the new "Grand" beds, and new bedding. The rooms have not been renovated as of yet, but I know the Front Office Manager and tells me they are going to start their rooms renovation in July. He actually walked me through a few "model" rooms so I could what they will look like. The rooms will be just as good as the Grand Hyatt across the street
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I stayed at the Granbd hyatt DFW on 27th May ( I have just returned from 2 weeks in PHX/LAS) after arriving from LGW on BA ( and BA had left our bags in LGW). Upon checking in we had been given ( my parents and I ) rooms 313/309.

The concierge was very helpful in giving us a suggestion as to where to buy clothes ( Grapevine mills). At checl in we were given vouchers for coffee from the bar on the lobby level.

The rooms were good with a good bed , bathrobes and a large bathroom ( only minor complaint is no coffee makers)

We had intended on relaxing by the pool but as we only had the clothes we were standing in we had to go shoppiong ( BA gave us $200 each)

After speaking with the concierge one of the staff offered to drive us to Grapevine for $20 and gave us a number to call to be picked up after we were done and then we went to a local Target for toiletries ( did not see anything in Grapevine mills)

Breakfast was very good ( I had the pancakes with juice coffee and a smoothie)- as I an a Hilton member it was a bit strange to pay for breakfast.
for around $20
The place settings are a little unusual but interesting.

The fitness center on the top floor was very good and well equiped.
The swimming pool offes views over DFW and was nice.

The check out time was 12noon but we were offered 1pm at no charge ( 2pm would have been $50 per room)

The concierge can print off boarding passes for AA ( as we only had hand luggage) then it was an escalator down to Terminal D .clear security then take the sky train for an AA flight to LAS at 450pm ( from terminal C)

Overall a very good hotel ( room rate was $115)

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:50 pm

AA flight from another terminal??

I am thinking about staying at this hotel but my AA flight leaves from another terminal. I read that the skytrain is post security so can I check in at terminal D with luggage and then take the skytrain to my terminal?? I don't really want to transport all my luggage to another terminal to check in. Any info would be appreciated.
beachmiles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.