Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The junior suite is the standard suite for tsu use here?

trying to decide between PH and GH for a tourist visit to DC. As I value a foot between living room and bedroom highly, I think that means GH.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Sometimes a hotel will accommodate bridging the two reservations and allowing you to maintain the same upgraded room. Other times they might be a stickler and/or not be able to accommodate.

Just pointing out that it isn’t a guarantee to get the suite upgrade on both reservations.
Absolutely, so in your experience (I rarely travel so bear with me), would it be best to let the hotel know ahead of time or see what happens when the other reservation becomes active and talk to the front desk?
/
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan

trying to decide between PH and GH for a tourist visit to DC. As I value a foot between living room and bedroom highly, I think that means GH.
Yes, the junior suite is the standard suite for TSUs.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gammacentauri
Absolutely, so in your experience (I rarely travel so bear with me), would it be best to let the hotel know ahead of time or see what happens when the other reservation becomes active and talk to the front desk?
/
That sounds like a good plan.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan

GH is undergoing renovations until at least October, and the Grand Club will be closed for (most of) this period as well. Reports on the GH thread indicate the construction noise can be deafening inside the atrium interior.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just completed a stay here and was shocked by how bad this place is. If you took off the branding and just showed me the rooms I would say this is a modestly run down Place or House. Super bad noise insulation (both to outside and between rooms). The outside of room amenities are a little better (breakfast is fine tho the credit particularly for two people would be very very stingy) but nothing that screams luxury. I plan to avoid this place in the future. Needs a renovation desperately
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by 2ndTOTY
Just completed a stay here and was shocked by how bad this place is. If you took off the branding and just showed me the rooms I would say this is a modestly run down Place or House. Super bad noise insulation (both to outside and between rooms). The outside of room amenities are a little better (breakfast is fine tho the credit particularly for two people would be very very stingy) but nothing that screams luxury. I plan to avoid this place in the future. Needs a renovation desperately
I'm a bit shocked to read this and I have always wanted to stay here based on the Park Hyatt branding and perception
they had high quality food and beverage.One of the reasons I have cut some of my business with Hyatt is penny pinching
with the GLOB breakfast benefits.While I may be able to reason with that in a 99 dollar hotel certainly not one 200 and up
Oddly despite Marriott's horrible reputation for breakfast delivery for elites at select properties they way outshine Hyatt
There was a time when that was not possible
EX HR St Louis Vs St Louis Le Meridien.
The Le Merdien allowed us to order anything of the menu and everything $$ wise was covered and of high quality.
HR was like a mediocre cafeteria but everything was covered as well
At a luxury hotel I expect a premium experience and historically Hyatt delivered on it.Thought the PH Washington would be of exceptional
f&b standards going above and beyond for Globes
Old Apr 6, 2024, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Did you stay in one of the basic rooms? if so, your review makes sense (I was shocked by how basic the 2-bed room was when I tried it)

But the junior suite (or higher level) bathroom alone puts peer properties to shame, so if you were in one of those rooms I have a hard time with the HP/HH comparison.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 9:39 pm

I completed a Prive stay last week and had a pretty opposite experience. The rooms are not the same level as the peak of Hyatt properties - but this is a hotel that is available for as low as $270-280 a night at times so frankly one shouldn't have the same expectations as PHNY or elsewhere - but to say it is a Hyatt Place or House is beyond dramatic.

As far as breakfast, our bill was between $100-120 each day after tip and was covered for us - enough for a beverage, main dish, and a side or two. It did not feel stingy to us at least - maybe if you're expecting a $200 breakfast bill to be comped it would be a different story.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Ev,

I just checked out on Saturday and share your feelings but for different reasons. I have had both good and bad stays here in the last year. This stay ended up being one of the bad ones.

The hotel was unable to fulfill a simple pre-arrival request that they confirmed they would do, which was disappointing after I took the time to let them know it would make out stay better and they said it was no problem.

Apparently they run a breakfast buffet option on the weekends and the restaurant turned into a mad house. The staff were overwhelmed and there were a ton of people in a relatively small space. We left after no one came to take our order or offer us coffee and drinks. This felt like a HH breakfast or a cruise ship buffet.

Under the right conditions, this property can be a winner but YMMV based on certain factors and to me that is not the sign of a well run or high end property. The hard product is much better than a HP or HH IMO, but the service and weekend breakfast is on par with a HP or HH which is why I will avoid this property going forward.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:20 am

I’ve lived in NoVa for many years and the PH locally is not considered a luxury property. Mainly, it is known as the hotel where the Blue Duck Tavern is located. I’ve stayed there myself a few times over the years, usually with an AmEx FHR rate, and have noticed a steady decline in both the service and condition of the property. Given the apparent lack of attention by the owners I wouldn’t be surprised to see it sold and/or re-branded in the next couple of years.
Beltway2A likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:27 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
I’ve lived in NoVa for many years and the PH locally is not considered a luxury property. Mainly, it is known as the hotel where the Blue Duck Tavern is located. I’ve stayed there myself a few times over the years, usually with an AmEx FHR rate, and have noticed a steady decline in both the service and condition of the property. Given the apparent lack of attention by the owners I wouldn’t be surprised to see it sold and/or re-branded in the next couple of years.
So which hotels in the NoVa are would be considered luxury properties?
Old Apr 7, 2024, 10:18 am

Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, one of the Ritz Carltons (perhaps), St. Regis, Waldorf Astoria (perhaps).
“Hyatt” locally has a generic connotation.

Last edited by JetAway; Apr 7, 2024 at 10:24 am Reason: Completness
Old Apr 7, 2024, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, one of the Ritz Carltons (perhaps), St. Regis, Waldorf Astoria (perhaps).
“Hyatt” locally has a generic connotation.
To be clear, those are DC (not Nova) properties. And I'm not sure that the Mandarin (post-rebrand as Salamander) still gets much cred. The RC in Georgetown is viewed as luxury, so is the 4S for sure and I would say the Rosewood, the Pendry, the St.R, and maybe the Waldorf and the Hay-Adams.

In Nova itself (northern Virginia, i.e. Arlington etc), there are no luxury hotels (the RC Pentagon City is definitely not, and the RC in Tysons in my opinion isn't either--I go for a conference that is held there every 2 years--but some think otherwise).
Adelphos and ProjectSunburst like this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Did you stay in one of the basic rooms? if so, your review makes sense (I was shocked by how basic the 2-bed room was when I tried it)

But the junior suite (or higher level) bathroom alone puts peer properties to shame, so if you were in one of those rooms I have a hard time with the HP/HH comparison.
Was there a reason you didnt have a suite? Do you not have globalist?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.