Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Bed in Park Hyatt Los Angeles / Century Plaza?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2006, 5:23 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Anyone know if the new Grand Beds have been installed in the Park Hyatt Los Angeles, or in the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza?
Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:20 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Not in Park LA as of mid-January.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 9:40 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I wonder if the Century Plaza had the Westin Heavenly Beds, in which case I'd assume that hotel still has them.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM Lifetime PLT, Hyatt LT Diamond, Marriott LT PLT, Hertz PC
As of last week, PH was still featuring the bedding they've had for a couple of years, which includes a white duvet, and no topsheet. Greenwich CT used to have this odd (to my way of thinking) arrangement as well, but has since added a topsheet. IIRC, the PH also has two bolster-type pillows, rather than standard (or even king) size, which I found to be fairly uncomfortable as well.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 5:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sxc
I wonder if the Century Plaza had the Westin Heavenly Beds, in which case I'd assume that hotel still has them.

Yes, Century Plaza had the WHB's.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Scottie
As of last week, PH was still featuring the bedding they've had for a couple of years, which includes a white duvet, and no topsheet. Greenwich CT used to have this odd (to my way of thinking) arrangement as well, but has since added a topsheet. IIRC, the PH also has two bolster-type pillows, rather than standard (or even king) size, which I found to be fairly uncomfortable as well.
I am sitting in my room at the PHCC right now and this is almost exactly what I have, with the exception of the 4 fluffy pillows on my bed!
Old Mar 5, 2006, 9:10 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Find the beds at the Park Hyatt Los Angeles to be highly satisfactory. ^
I am far from a big fan of the newer Grand Bed. Way to firm......
A few of the Hyatt hotels have solved the problem by putting softer duvet feather layers beneath the Grand Bed to give it more of the Westin Heavenly/W feel including one Hyatt hotel in Boston and another the Manchester Grand in San Diego that doesn't even have the Grand Bed.....
Yet it improved the bland hard beds dramatically ^

The Grand Bed mattress is of excellent quality from what I can see. It may be the box spring that is the source of the problem.
For those that like a very firm no give experience they will without question be in love with the Grand bed product as it is.

The Hyatt La Jolla property also doesn't have the Grand Bed yet it is a fantastic bed. Unfortunately branding the bed to hotel companies and creating a perception amongst consumers is far more important then the finished product/end result.
Certainly the look of the Grand bed is impressive.
If it ain't broke don't fix it is my motto
Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Stayed at Grand Hyatt Union Square SF last month. I believe the mattress was the same Sealy from Costco which we had at home at that time.

Yes "firm" but lacking surface padding, like maybe a basic mattress pad. Harsh, very unpleasant.

Now have brand new W hotel pillow-top mattress with hypo-allergenic fiberfill topper and it's fantastic. Firm support, but luxuious soft feel on the surface. That's what the hotel bed wars are all about!
Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:57 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by lili
Stayed at Grand Hyatt Union Square SF last month. I believe the mattress was the same Sealy from Costco which we had at home at that time.

Yes "firm" but lacking surface padding, like maybe a basic mattress pad. Harsh, very unpleasant.

Now have brand new W hotel pillow-top mattress with hypo-allergenic fiberfill topper and it's fantastic. Firm support, but luxuious soft feel on the surface. That's what the hotel bed wars are all about!
Agree 100% ^
Like the GH Union Square over some others.I still give it a satisfactory rating

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.