Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Benefits of Hyatt GP - Particularly Elite Tiers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdb
I've stayed several times and always fruit basket and a bottle of wine; however, during my current stay there was no bottle of wine. When I asked about this at the front desk I was told, "The amenity varies from hotel to hotel." When I explained that there has always been a bottle of wine and a basket of fruit, he said that he would check into it. The next day, a bottle of wine appeared. I didn't like having to ask.

what really is the point of a gold passport..??? diamond or otherwise when quite honestly the " perks " given varies and in some actually many cases they the front desk gve very different answers and some even are confused as to what or what not to give.....i was platinum for a while but fell to the gold when i realise it just wasnt that worth it .....!!!

can anyone tell me why the gold passport is worth the while..//???

thanks
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The amenity issue is the same at pretty much all chains. People always seem to complain about it. If you don't get one, ask - simple, really. Yes, it should be automatic. I frankly like to have choices and like the choices to be varied accross the chain. Gold Passport is a very decent program....as long as they keep FFN. Without FFN my opinion would be suject to change
Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:00 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by bearbrick
what really is the point of a gold passport..??? diamond or otherwise when quite honestly the " perks " given varies and in some actually many cases they the front desk gve very different answers and some even are confused as to what or what not to give.....i was platinum for a while but fell to the gold when i realise it just wasnt that worth it .....!!!

can anyone tell me why the gold passport is worth the while..//???

thanks
The variation on perks given seem to be more at the International locations - however it seems that compliance has been better lately. Platinum doesn't really give you much over the regular gold - some extra points & the certificates after every 3 stays.

The best part about GP is the Faster Free Nights (FFN) promotions - feel free to do a search on this since it is extensively discussed - brief summary when its run you earn one free night (virtually anywhere in the system) by doing two stays (anywhere in the system).

Also, GP customer service often goes above and beyond what is required.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
The variation on perks given seem to be more at the International locations - however it seems that compliance has been better lately. Platinum doesn't really give you much over the regular gold - some extra points & the certificates after every 3 stays.

The best part about GP is the Faster Free Nights (FFN) promotions - feel free to do a search on this since it is extensively discussed - brief summary when its run you earn one free night (virtually anywhere in the system) by doing two stays (anywhere in the system).

Also, GP customer service often goes above and beyond what is required.

thanks peteropny

but can someone just let me know about FFN in one short sentence....i have received certs for these i think but its always to places i do go to..??......how does it work???!!!

how about diamond level.....any point of it at all..?? i travel extensively in asia ...
thanks
Old Feb 8, 2006, 5:05 pm

Note: I've just split this thread from the PH Paris thread without editing.

peteropny - co-moderator - Hyatt
Old Feb 8, 2006, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by bearbrick
thanks peteropny

but can someone just let me know about FFN in one short sentence....i have received certs for these i think but its always to places i do go to..??......how does it work???!!!

how about diamond level.....any point of it at all..?? i travel extensively in asia ...
thanks
As stated above the way FFN works (at least in the past 2-3 years) is that when you stay during the qualifying period at any hotel in the chain (and pay with the appropriate credit card) you earn 1/2 a free night at any hotel in the chain (except for GH San Diego & Paris Madeleine) which may be redeemed during the redemption period (usually starts a few weeks after the start of the qualifying period and ends a month or so after the qualifying period ends).

Diamond members are supposed to get an upgrade to the next class of room (with access to RC always at domestic non-resorts and access to RC if on a RC floor at resorts & internationally), breakfast coupons if there is no RC at the property or you weren't given access), welcome amenity (can be 1,000 points if you choose), and additional bonus points. That's the policy anyways.

In the past there has been quite a few reports of non-compliance at the Asian properties (particularly Hong Kong and Singapore as well as some of the China properties). These reports were that the hotels often claim that the RC (or GC) rooms were all sold out which weren't true. However, there has been several reports recently that these properties have been in compliance with the policy.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 5:42 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I travel a fair amount in parts of Asia, and there are some amazing Hyatts there. Many of them treat diamonds quite well, and a few don't.

My favorite Hyatts in Asia so far are the Park Hyatt Tokyo (of course) and the Grand Hyatt Shanghai, but the Park Hyatt Seoul and the Grand Hyatt Tokyo are also well worth a visit. At the HR level, I have been treated quite well at the HR Xi'an.

I don't have any experience yet with the GH Hong Kong, but will be there for the first time next month.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:23 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
Regarding benefits, I think what bugs me the most is that (from my perspective) the best benefit of all is the guaranteed availability. What ruins this is the execption rule of being able to say that they are overriding the benefit due to special event etc. This is more universal to all the chains but since it was brought up, I would have to say this is the one that I don't get that P!sses me off the most
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
As stated above the way FFN works (at least in the past 2-3 years) is that when you stay during the qualifying period at any hotel in the chain (and pay with the appropriate credit card) you earn 1/2 a free night at any hotel in the chain (except for GH San Diego & Paris Madeleine) which may be redeemed during the redemption period (usually starts a few weeks after the start of the qualifying period and ends a month or so after the qualifying period ends).

Diamond members are supposed to get an upgrade to the next class of room (with access to RC always at domestic non-resorts and access to RC if on a RC floor at resorts & internationally), breakfast coupons if there is no RC at the property or you weren't given access), welcome amenity (can be 1,000 points if you choose), and additional bonus points. That's the policy anyways.

In the past there has been quite a few reports of non-compliance at the Asian properties (particularly Hong Kong and Singapore as well as some of the China properties). These reports were that the hotels often claim that the RC (or GC) rooms were all sold out which weren't true. However, there has been several reports recently that these properties have been in compliance with the policy.

good stuff peter...!
but i find it all too much esp since its like "begging " ...instead of being greeted like a loyal customer ....i often find that gold paspost holders are greeted with a sneer.....like we are out for a freebie.........grudgingly they provide the coffee and croissant !!......

but my worst experience of all was at the grand hyatt melbourne....when i showed them my mere platinum GP ....there wasnt even much of a recognition !!!....

best hyatt i have stayed ....paris madaleine and GH bkk .well up to a point as that hotel is a bit too busy . the worst experience was at the grand hyatt melbourne .that almost put me off hyatt...in fact i did stop going to hyatts for a while as a result.

as for GPs...this non copliance is a real bummer...not to mention embarrasing !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.