FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits of Hyatt GP - Particularly Elite Tiers
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:29 pm
bearbrick

Originally Posted by peteropny
As stated above the way FFN works (at least in the past 2-3 years) is that when you stay during the qualifying period at any hotel in the chain (and pay with the appropriate credit card) you earn 1/2 a free night at any hotel in the chain (except for GH San Diego & Paris Madeleine) which may be redeemed during the redemption period (usually starts a few weeks after the start of the qualifying period and ends a month or so after the qualifying period ends).

Diamond members are supposed to get an upgrade to the next class of room (with access to RC always at domestic non-resorts and access to RC if on a RC floor at resorts & internationally), breakfast coupons if there is no RC at the property or you weren't given access), welcome amenity (can be 1,000 points if you choose), and additional bonus points. That's the policy anyways.

In the past there has been quite a few reports of non-compliance at the Asian properties (particularly Hong Kong and Singapore as well as some of the China properties). These reports were that the hotels often claim that the RC (or GC) rooms were all sold out which weren't true. However, there has been several reports recently that these properties have been in compliance with the policy.

good stuff peter...!
but i find it all too much esp since its like "begging " ...instead of being greeted like a loyal customer ....i often find that gold paspost holders are greeted with a sneer.....like we are out for a freebie.........grudgingly they provide the coffee and croissant !!......

but my worst experience of all was at the grand hyatt melbourne....when i showed them my mere platinum GP ....there wasnt even much of a recognition !!!....

best hyatt i have stayed ....paris madaleine and GH bkk .well up to a point as that hotel is a bit too busy . the worst experience was at the grand hyatt melbourne .that almost put me off hyatt...in fact i did stop going to hyatts for a while as a result.

as for GPs...this non copliance is a real bummer...not to mention embarrasing !!