FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/522096-hyatt-regency-vancouver-review-master-thread.html)

TRAVELSIG Jul 6, 2010 7:19 am

Luxury- the Presidential Suite looks quite nice- what type of rate does the hotel charge for it?

luxury Jul 6, 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 14250500)
Luxury- the Presidential Suite looks quite nice- what type of rate does the hotel charge for it?

It appears that the two Presidential Suites are also considered to be "Executive Suites" as the one I had on the 32nd floor (the very large one) and the (much) smaller Presidential Suite had the same rack rate of $5000 per night. Even the very small Jr. Executive Suite on the 30th floor has the same rack rate.

I know that most nights, the Executive Suite can be had for about $1300 - $1500. That being said, I do not know if there is special pricing for the Presidentials. I have been informed that during high occupancy periods (where the hotel is essentially sold out) they try their best to move Diamonds into these Executive suites.

zxsuxr Jul 6, 2010 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by luxury (Post 14249370)
One of the two Presidential Suites of the Hyatt Regency Vancouver

http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery...0156.thumb.jpg

President?
more like their signature suite. 3303? right?

I was in that same suite about 7 months ago. I re-arranged the seating in the living room, and from your photos it looks like the kept it...lol.. check out their website for the original configuration!

nnn Jul 7, 2010 11:48 am

I had a three-night stay on the AAA Breakfast rate over the July 4th weekend. Overall, I had a nice time and would return. The location, which my cousin warned would be "soulless," I thought was okay. Benefits are that the subway is next door, and the hop-on, hop-off bus lines stop behind the hotel.

The rooms were of a good size and clean. I thought the showerhead-in-ceiling was interesting, but my wife and MIL did not care for it as much, as it was hard for them to shower without getting their hair wet. The in-room flat-screen TVs seemed rather small for this day and age. Maybe 32 inches?

I thought the breakfast buffets were as good as I would have expected for a HR. My wife, however, who has become a bit spoiled by FS of late, was not so enthusiastic about the brekky. For some reason, the pitcher of egg liquid they would bring out from the kitchen with which to make omelets made very orange eggs. We couldn't figure that one out, especially when the chef told me they don't use frozen eggs.

The biggest hiccup was that I requested an eStandby upgrade to a suite from a king-bedded room. I got the upgrade, but to a Deluxe Suite with two full beds, rather than a king. We did not want the smaller bedding, and the manager said that all other suites were full -- sounds like luxury was in the Presidential :D -- so we opted to downgrade ourselves back into a normal room. This apparently wasn't easy, as the hotel was quite full over the weekend. Thus, check in took what felt like 30 minutes. The manager gave us a balcony room to make up for the trouble. I am still baffled, however, as to why the hotel would change our bed type (I am a Platinum, btw) to clear the upgrade. I did not want full beds, and I would have been annoyed if I was forced to stay in such a room. Maybe it was because I called the day before asking about the upgrade? Or perhaps they just wanted the extra $60-ish per day of revenue. . . .

luxury Jul 7, 2010 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by zxsuxr (Post 14253884)
President?
more like their signature suite. 3303? right?

I was in that same suite about 7 months ago. I re-arranged the seating in the living room, and from your photos it looks like the kept it...lol.. check out their website for the original configuration!

Yes, 3303. This and 3304 are considered the 2 Presidentials at the hotel. I actually did check out the VRX Virtual tour and sorry :D, I preferred the old layout. Either way, fantastic room and a very nice stay.

missydarlin Jul 7, 2010 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by nnn (Post 14258706)
I am still baffled, however, as to why the hotel would change our bed type (I am a Platinum, btw) to clear the upgrade. I did not want full beds, and I would have been annoyed if I was forced to stay in such a room. Maybe it was because I called the day before asking about the upgrade? Or perhaps they just wanted the extra $60-ish per day of revenue. . . .

Probably because the majority of people they encounter would, given the choice, take the suite. I know I would :)

Especially for a 3-night or longer stay, I'd rather have more living space to spread out in, and am more than willing to sleep closer to my S/O to get it.

nnn Jul 7, 2010 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin (Post 14260319)
Especially for a 3-night or longer stay, I'd rather have more living space to spread out in, and am more than willing to sleep closer to my S/O to get it.

I would too, but when my two-year-old inevitably wants to crawl into bed it can get pretty crowded on a full. :)

lalala Jul 7, 2010 4:49 pm

I still think the area is soulless. :) However, I'm all for the 24 hour Tim Hortons. I wouldn't have dissed the suite either. I would have opted for all three of you to hang in the smaller bed.

Sorry I missed you guys.

lala

nnn Jul 7, 2010 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by lalala (Post 14260545)
I still think the area is soulless. :) However, I'm all for the 24 hour Tim Hortons.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to try Tim Horton's. Nor with the coldish weather did we get to enjoy the Stanley Park water activities or Grouse Mtn. Things to come back for, I suppose.

I wouldn't have dissed the suite either. I would have opted for all three of you to hang in the smaller bed.

Try sleeping in close quarters with Miss nnn (always going sideways on bed, feet kicking your face all night, etc.) and you might change your mind. Actually, it doesn't bother me so much as it bothers the boss. :)

Sorry I missed you guys.

Next time!

missydarlin Jul 7, 2010 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by nnn (Post 14260582)
Try sleeping in close quarters with Miss nnn (always going sideways on bed, feet kicking your face all night, etc.) and you might change your mind. Actually, it doesn't bother me so much as it bothers the boss. :)

All the more reason for the boss to have another bed to move to, and leave you with the face kicker ;)

luxury Jul 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Just completed a night burning a BWB FFN and was given a Preferred view Balcony room, room 2820. This room is interesting as the bathroom is larger than other rooms. Essentially, the foyer area of a room where the closet, minibar and coffee maker is part of the bathroom. The corner of the bathroom is opaque glass and there is a frosted glass sliding door. The light fixture is different as are the plumbing fixtures. There is no tub, just a large shower with no door, just a glass partition that spans half the side so water flows splashes out into the washroom when one showers.

This room has wall sconces so no table lamps with power outlets -- the desk also lacks power outlets.

Fantastic view from the room to English Bay and over the Hotel Vancouver but I found it an odd room.

Apparently there are a few of these unique rooms in the hotel. I wonder if these were prototype rooms which they, thankfully, changed their minds on.

Another great stay as always, however.

luxury Dec 12, 2010 11:38 am

Just completing another night here on a year end stay run to maintain Diamond. The hotel this year is very festive with a MASSIVE Ginger Bread display throughout the Lobby.

Another good solid stay here -- though the Lobby and lifts were extremely busy last night due to all the holiday functions at the hotel.

The Regency Club is closed for the Winter season so be sure to collect your points for the closed club.

luxury Dec 31, 2010 3:28 pm

Had another 3 wonderful stays here to end the year and to retain my Diamond status for another year. One room we were upgraded to the standard balcony room that Diamonds get but the other two nights we were upgraded to 2 different Executive Suites. One on the 30th floor, right above the Regency Club is more of a Jr. Executive Suite with a King bedroom and small living room. Our final night we were upgraded to the Bi-Level Suite on the 32 and 33rd floors -- a stunning suite with fantastic vistas of the North Shore Mountains and the Narbour.

A very solid Hyatt and very very good stays as always here.

luxury Mar 5, 2011 11:29 pm

The Regency Club will be re-opening fully starting the week of Monday 21 March 2011. Currently, the RC is only open Monday through Friday mornings and is closed on weekends.

The hotel has replaced all of the doors to the guests rooms to accommodate the new room keys which are like RFID keys -- you just touch it against the lock pad on the door to gain entry. You still have to slide the key into the slot in the elevator. Did not have a chance to ask if the elevators will also get the RFID type pad to gain access to guest room floors.

Hawt1 Mar 6, 2011 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by luxury (Post 15983160)
The Regency Club will be re-opening fully starting the week of Monday 21 March 2011. Currently, the RC is only open Monday through Friday mornings and is closed on weekends.

The hotel has replaced all of the doors to the guests rooms to accommodate the new room keys which are like RFID keys -- you just touch it against the lock pad on the door to gain entry. You still have to slide the key into the slot in the elevator. Did not have a chance to ask if the elevators will also get the RFID type pad to gain access to guest room floors.

Frequent guest at Vancouver, pretty much earned Diamond last year based on Vancouver alone. Love the hotel and frankly the staff make up for any shortfalls of the actual property (of which there are very few.)

I think the elevators are being changed over this summer so key swipe will not be necessary.

Heading there tomorrow for a 4 night stay. I think I burned a Diamond upgrade on this one just because I needed to use it. Have had the Presidential Suite once and a few other Executive Suites. Am guessing they are giving me a view of all of them.

A great hotel with great staff everywhere from front desk to RC to behind the scenes. They know how to treat their frequent guests.

Gary