FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/522096-hyatt-regency-vancouver-review-master-thread.html)

mileageking Jul 7, 2009 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by boosman (Post 12027912)
Understood. That said, they also made sure I had a balcony room, which was nice.

That's fantastic, CONGRATS! I believe balcony rooms go for an additional $30-$40/night - you definitely scored on that one.

uncertaintraveler Jul 20, 2009 8:56 am

Spent a few days at the hotel last week. Very busy hotel--I'm guessing at least half of those staying were in transit to/from an Alaskan cruise. Hotel is excellently located. You are within a block or two of pretty much anywhere you want or need to be, or to any transit hub.

Room was slightly small (I have no status with Hyatt). Bathroom was tiny, especially coming from the GH Seattle (where the bathrooms are huge). Bed was firm. View was of Burrard street and the Fairmont hotel. Had a low-level room (Floor 9). No complaints, really, especially given that my rate was $153 or so CAD. Had no trouble checking in at noon or thereabouts.

As others have noted, hotel is connected to the Royal Centre, which houses a (very busy) Tim Hortons, a drug store, and assorted other stores (including a McDonalds for those so inclined). It also seems to be connected to the Burrard skytrain station, although I never confirmed this.

All in all, I'd stay there again.

luxury Jul 20, 2009 9:44 am

Thank you..... this suite was on a high floor, the same floor as the Business Center. In fact, the parlour and entrance is next to the Business Center; the Business Center therefore "eats" up some of the bedroom space. As such, the suite is about the size of 1.75 rooms. The suite is on the West side of the building, probably right below the Regency Club a few floors up.

As you enter the parlour, to the left is the closet and mini-bar area. To the right is a large frosted glass sliding door which houses the toilet and bath/shower. Straight ahead is the living room. The bedroom is separated by a door and features a king bed.

I forgot to ask what kind of suite this was but the rack rate posted on the door was $2500 a night. The bathroom featured SpaH20 products which we have not seen in any other room at the hotel yet. We even once booked a Deluxe suite and did not get these toiletries.

There were no other discernible benefits except that this was a very generous upgrade, especially for a Plat, and that I was on one of the cheapest promotional rates (doing a run towards Diamond, which I should achieve in November)

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by 1K+ (Post 12023399)
That's impressive, I'm a Diamond and have stayed a few times at this property and have not received a suite upgrade even once.

Congrats on your suite! Are you able to share any info (size, floor, amenities) on their suites?

cheers.

azepine00 Sep 5, 2009 11:27 pm

Another stay here - great service all around. ^
I was able to upgrade at check to a suite (one of the big ones) and a FD agent personally walked us to the room (I don't see it in NA). A couple requested items were delivered within 5 min. Planned to stay only one night but added one more after suite availability was confirmed. :D
There is always someone in the lobby ready to help - no lines or waiting.
Weekend parking is not expensive: $3 6pm-6 am and $6 6am-6pm (no in and out).

TRAVELSIG Sep 7, 2009 2:46 am

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler (Post 12093173)
It also seems to be connected to the Burrard skytrain station, although I never confirmed this.

Correct- it is.

luxury Mar 29, 2010 12:28 am

Just completed my first stay here as a Diamond and had a good stay.

Booked a standard room on the breakfast promo rate (full breakfast for 2 in the restaurant and in room movie included). Was upgraded to a Balcony view room on the Regency Club floor.

Regency Club has been renovated with a much better layout and a slightly more contemporary look. The Concierges staffing the Club are very friendly and work hard to please Club guests.

An ex- Four Seasons manager has joined the team and I think results will start to show soon. I have heard that the Coffee shop in the Lobby will become a Starbucks, operated and managed by Hyatt staff, and the ground floor resto/lounge is to get a facelift later this year. Very exciting changes for the YVR property.

gregorygrady Apr 1, 2010 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by luxury (Post 13668004)
An ex- Four Seasons manager has joined the team and I think results will start to show soon.

Maybe he can work on getting us our survey points that were promised from stays this past Fall.................seeing this thread pop up reminded me that I never got the 2k bonus points for a "Sales Dept" survey that I took here. :mad: Did you ever get your 2k pts jpdx? I remember you took the same survey and complained about no points, I just don't remember what thread we posted that in...........

azepine00 Apr 1, 2010 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady (Post 13694403)
Maybe he can work on getting us our survey points that were promised from stays this past Fall.................seeing this thread pop up reminded me that I never got the 2k bonus points for a "Saled Dept" survey that I took here. :mad: Did you ever get your 2k pts jpdx? I remember you took the same survey and complained about no points, I just don't remember what thread we posted that in...........

I think I got 1000 instead of 2000 unless it was for smth else. I let it go - not a big deal.

jpdx Apr 2, 2010 6:12 am

Did you ever get your 2k pts jpdx? I remember you took the same survey and complained about no points, I just don't remember what thread we posted that in...........

Nope, never got them. Gave up after a couple calls to GP. They told me I'd have to contact the hotel, and that seemed like way too much work...

jimmychang Apr 2, 2010 1:15 pm

Had to call GP to get it. That P2 code was supposed to expire last year but it was still being offered by the fronk desk in my Jan stay. At the end, GP just credited extra 2k as good will.

Maybe he can work on getting us our survey points that were promised from stays this past Fall.................seeing this thread pop up reminded me that I never got the 2k bonus points for a "Sales Dept" survey that I took here. :mad: Did you ever get your 2k pts jpdx? I remember you took the same survey and complained about no points, I just don't remember what thread we posted that in...........

gregorygrady Apr 9, 2010 12:41 am

Originally Posted by jpdx (Post 13696246)
Nope, never got them. Gave up after a couple calls to GP. They told me I'd have to contact the hotel, and that seemed like way too much work...

+1. Too much work. Just a warning though to anybody else here that stays at HR Vancouver. DO NOT take their survey that supposedly gives you 2k points as you WILL NOT get your points. So the survey will be a complete waste of your time. :td::td::td::td:

soonerfanatic Apr 9, 2010 8:22 am

Currently staying here. Upon checkin, I received a letter with the hours of service in the Regency club, opening at 6am. Club concierge explained to me that the key access does not work until 6:30am, sure enough club access is not allowed until 6:30am, so no early morning coffee:td:

Otherwise, Regency club staff is outstanding. ^

Robt760 Apr 9, 2010 9:25 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady (Post 13738256)
+1. Too much work. Just a warning though to anybody else here that stays at HR Vancouver. DO NOT take their survey that supposedly gives you 2k points as you WILL NOT get your points. So the survey will be a complete waste of your time. :td::td::td::td:

Was this the survey asking about preferences of amenity for GP members? I had a stay in August, took the survey, then waited until December until the point bonus posted to my account. Give it several months...takes awhile.

jpdx Apr 9, 2010 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Robt760 (Post 13739946)
Was this the survey asking about preferences of amenity for GP members? I had a stay in August, took the survey, then waited until December until the point bonus posted to my account. Give it several months...takes awhile.

I've been waiting since September. Maybe they got close to posting mine, and then the Olympics slowed things down. ;)

soonerfanatic Apr 9, 2010 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic (Post 13739538)
Currently staying here. Upon checkin, I received a letter with the hours of service in the Regency club, opening at 6am. Club concierge explained to me that the key access does not work until 6:30am, sure enough club access is not allowed until 6:30am, so no early morning coffee:td:

Otherwise, Regency club staff is outstanding. ^

Just want to mention that I had direct follow up today from a staff member who saw this post.

Truly exceptional. :D