Wiki Posts
Search

FFN extension...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2005, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
FFN extension...

Maybe it's too early to ask...but has anyone been granted FFN extension so far? After talking to a couple of CSRs, it seems like they're not planning to offer extensions this year...
Old Nov 25, 2005, 10:33 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

It is too early to ask - I think that mid-Jan should be the time to ask.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by sergeic
Maybe it's too early to ask...but has anyone been granted FFN extension so far? After talking to a couple of CSRs, it seems like they're not planning to offer extensions this year...
Likewise, is it too early to ask when the next FFN promotion will be?
Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:20 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SethLevy
Likewise, is it too early to ask when the next FFN promotion will be?
Based on the current FFN redemption period ending (officially) 1/31/06 and the AMEX gift card promotion ending 2/28/06 - my guess would be 3/1/06 at the earliest.

And commenting here as a regular member (not as a co-moderator), perhaps we should not make a nuisance of ourselves asking about various unpublished benefits like extensions of redemption period so far in advance (we're only about 1/2 way through the long current redemption period). Hyatt has been very good to us, by allowing many of these unpublished benefits which are extremely generous. Let's not abuse their generosity by asking for these extras until its closer to the time.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 5:32 pm

Programs: HHGold; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; AA Platinum; NWA Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Based on the current FFN redemption period ending (officially) 1/31/06 and the AMEX gift card promotion ending 2/28/06 - my guess would be 3/1/06 at the earliest.

And commenting here as a regular member (not as a co-moderator), perhaps we should not make a nuisance of ourselves asking about various unpublished benefits like extensions of redemption period so far in advance (we're only about 1/2 way through the long current redemption period). Hyatt has been very good to us, by allowing many of these unpublished benefits which are extremely generous. Let's not abuse their generosity by asking for these extras until its closer to the time.

Well said...peteropny. As we have seen with the recent FFN, when a lot of people is trying to guess when it should be. Perhaps we should wait and see and just give the diamond line a call when we need to...before 1/31/06.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, Continental Silver
As a Platinum, I was just granted an extension until 3/18/06!!! I explained that I made a January booking just to use my FFN before it expired, but that I strongly preferred to use it in March. Customer service had me book the March stay as an award. She then noted in the record that I would be using my FFN award.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
News for FFN extension has been tricking out about 2 months before end of redemption year last round. And no surprises, same thing happened this year...
I don't think the CSRs make these decisions about extensions, and therefore I can't imagine how asking early would reflect badly on anyone. Pushing them hard or demanding hidden benefits would be another story...
Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:07 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,WN Companion Pass, AA Plat, Hertz Plat
Quick question...........Do the FFN offers always require the use of a MasterCard?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 12:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by onefreetraveler
Quick question...........Do the FFN offers always require the use of a MasterCard?
The first few required AmEx, but lately they've been MasterCard.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
I just got an extension. I was worried that I'd have no chance to use my last three nights in January, because I'm travelling in Asia for most of it. I'd booked five in Tokyo, but they don't have so much in Thailand which is where I am the rest of the time. There was a potential 3 day window in BKK, but no availability then.

So I plucked up the courage to ask for my very first extension. The regular Diamond line reservation person didn't seem to be familiar with the concept -- he just tried my mid-Feb dates at the PH San Francisco and then told me that they were no good past the end of January. But he did put me through to customer service, and the guy there made the booking with no further explanation needed.

He warned me that if I tried to cancel after Jan 31 then the FFNs would be lost.

So thanks Hyatt. I got comp'd to Diamond from SPG platinum four months ago to take part in the FFNs, and made 18 stays (none of them phantom). There was a little bit of suffering involved (particularly in driving out of my way to stay at the Hyatt San Jose rather than the Westin Palo Alto a couple of times), but the rewards speak for themselves. I'll certainly be taking part in the next round. I'll also do my best to squeeze in enough stays during 2006 to requalify.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 7:30 pm

Are others experiencing the same warning that FFN reservation extensions would be lost if not used and cannot be modified?

Originally Posted by ENIAC
I just got an extension. I was worried that I'd have no chance to use my last three nights in January, because I'm travelling in Asia for most of it. I'd booked five in Tokyo, but they don't have so much in Thailand which is where I am the rest of the time. There was a potential 3 day window in BKK, but no availability then.

So I plucked up the courage to ask for my very first extension. The regular Diamond line reservation person didn't seem to be familiar with the concept -- he just tried my mid-Feb dates at the PH San Francisco and then told me that they were no good past the end of January. But he did put me through to customer service, and the guy there made the booking with no further explanation needed.

He warned me that if I tried to cancel after Jan 31 then the FFNs would be lost.

So thanks Hyatt. I got comp'd to Diamond from SPG platinum four months ago to take part in the FFNs, and made 18 stays (none of them phantom). There was a little bit of suffering involved (particularly in driving out of my way to stay at the Hyatt San Jose rather than the Westin Palo Alto a couple of times), but the rewards speak for themselves. I'll certainly be taking part in the next round. I'll also do my best to squeeze in enough stays during 2006 to requalify.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by best
Are others experiencing the same warning that FFN reservation extensions would be lost if not used and cannot be modified?
What I was told that you must make your reservations before the promotions is over and if you try to modify them after the end of January you cannot. Who knows. Maybe they can override that as well. I just don't like asking too many favors.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
What I was told that you must make your reservations before the promotions is over and if you try to modify them after the end of January you cannot. Who knows. Maybe they can override that as well. I just don't like asking too many favors.

Did you get the extension granted by CS or reservations?

Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2006, 10:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

I was offered an extension to the end of February (without asking). I was told no extension beyond that would be permitted.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by bbbb
Did you get the extension granted by CS or reservations?
The reservations were able to book until the end of the official redemption period. After that it must be done through customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.