Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 8:37 pm

A BIG Thanks to SanDeigo1K, rehoult and CodeAdam10! Locked in at PH Dubai at the $155 Arabian Summer 3 Night rate plus DSU confirmed! So excited, thanks again for your insight.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have stayed in both hotels. For me, for a multi night stay, it would be an easy choice. I perceive the Capital Gate as being more of a high rise convention hotel. I perceive the PH Dubai as being more of a resort property. I would stay at the PH Dubai. It has a pleasant terrace by the water. It is a better property for relaxation.

However, should you decide to stay in Abu Dhabi, be sure to go to the Falcon Hospital. It is the largest such facility in the world. We found the tour fascinating.
Originally Posted by rehoult
No thought required: PH Dubai. Just spend 4 days without the kids there and couldn't recommend it more. Lovely property, very relaxing and yet close to the city.
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Having stayed at both (in suites), the Hyatt Capital Gate is a fine property for an overnight stay. New. Modern. Beautiful, well appointed large suites.

However, the PH Dubai is where I'd spend a relaxing 3 days. It's a beautiful oasis. You will certainly have a wonderful time, even more so if you can secure a DSU. No questions about it.

I also feel there is more to see / do in Dubai, but certainly a few gems in Abu Dhabi as well if you can spend a day / night there, if the additional cost makes sense.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:14 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I noticed in some of the older pages in this thread people mentioned free airport transfers if staying in a suite at this hotel? Is that no longer the case?

Debating between the PH and Grosvenor House for a 24-hour stay/extended layover in Dubai. I have been to Dubai several times but traveling with my fiancee who hasn't and wants to see the sights a bit during the stop.

Grosvenor (if my SPG Suite Night Award upgrade clears) includes airport transfers, which does seem convenient given how chaotic DXB can be, and I like the fairly easy access to the Metro for getting around during the day vs having to take taxi/Uber/car to and from the PH during the trip.

I know taxi and Uber in Dubai are cheap but don't want to have to get any local cash for such a short stay so taxis are out, and meeting up with an Uber at busy spots like the airport and large malls can be challenging. But PH is very nice and may still be worth it. It is also obviously much closer to the airport, though that is a pro and con; I feel like the Marina District is worth seeing for my fiancee as part of getting the sense of Dubai, and I don't know that we'd make it out that way if not for staying there.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by bgriff
I noticed in some of the older pages in this thread people mentioned free airport transfers if staying in a suite at this hotel? Is that no longer the case?

Debating between the PH and Grosvenor House for a 24-hour stay/extended layover in Dubai. I have been to Dubai several times but traveling with my fiancee who hasn't and wants to see the sights a bit during the stop.

Grosvenor (if my SPG Suite Night Award upgrade clears) includes airport transfers, which does seem convenient given how chaotic DXB can be, and I like the fairly easy access to the Metro for getting around during the day vs having to take taxi/Uber/car to and from the PH during the trip.

I know taxi and Uber in Dubai are cheap but don't want to have to get any local cash for such a short stay so taxis are out, and meeting up with an Uber at busy spots like the airport and large malls can be challenging. But PH is very nice and may still be worth it. It is also obviously much closer to the airport, though that is a pro and con; I feel like the Marina District is worth seeing for my fiancee as part of getting the sense of Dubai, and I don't know that we'd make it out that way if not for staying there.
There is an ATM at the airport that is really easy to use, and gives you enough for taxi and incidentals.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:38 am

This thread contains two streams of incredible pictures of the PH:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...s-fra-fct.html

I challenge anyone to view the pictures and not stay there!
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:44 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by 747FC
There is an ATM at the airport that is really easy to use, and gives you enough for taxi and incidentals.
Yes, I could get cash easily ... but I don't want to, especially since I'll only be there for 24 hours. Since the rise of Uber I very rarely get any foreign cash out when traveling unless I'm going to be somewhere for an extended period, and sometimes not even then (since taxis were often the only remaining reason cash was needed in many places). Not taking out cash avoids the difficulties of figuring out how much one needs and inevitably ending up with too much and wasting it at duty free or on a lousy currency exchange rate.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by bgriff
Not taking out cash avoids the difficulties of figuring out how much one needs and inevitably ending up with too much and wasting it at duty free or on a lousy currency exchange rate.
When I departed DXB in April with EK, I donated all my loose DIR$ & coins (not a big amount in the grand scheme of things) to their EK Cares program. Also in the airport & malls, there is kiosk stands that accept donations as well.^ Since you are there for T-24h as well, you do need to eat something besides the lounge offerings. ( I recommend Shake Shack, as you are from NYC of course . )

Small insignificant amounts for us, can go a significant way for others I feel.:-:@:-)

Enjoy DXB, I know I did.

LFC

Last edited by luvFclass; Jun 21, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by 747FC
This thread contains two streams of incredible pictures of the PH:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...s-fra-fct.html

I challenge anyone to view the pictures and not stay there!
I cannot take you up on this challenge my friend. I enjoyed it so much so, that I am looking at flights / hotel rates right now to see if I can sneak into DXB in July or August for another DSU + 5-7 night stay here.

LFC
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by luvFclass
I cannot take you up on this challenge my friend. I enjoyed it so much so, that I am looking at flights / hotel rates right now to see if I can sneak into DXB in July or August for another DSU + 5-7 night stay here.

LFC
I know you will not regret it!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I have moved the discussion, comparing the PH and the Ramada to the Middle East forum.

Markie
Co-Mod, Hyatt
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:27 am

Hi All, I used points to upgrade my reservation from a Park Room to a Suite ... Now it looks like a friend will be joining us. Is it possible/allowable for the Park Suite to sleep 3? Not looking to get an extra breakfast or anything, just curious.

Cheers!
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:37 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by faithwins
Hi All, I used points to upgrade my reservation from a Park Room to a Suite ... Now it looks like a friend will be joining us. Is it possible/allowable for the Park Suite to sleep 3? Not looking to get an extra breakfast or anything, just curious.

Cheers!
Yes.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
There was a question a few posts up about airport transfers to/from PH Dubai included when booked in a suite. Any recent experience?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Nehawk
There was a question a few posts up about airport transfers to/from PH Dubai included when booked in a suite. Any recent experience?
No longer.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 3:43 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, staying in a Presidential/Royal suite in a few months so wondering how does it look like? Is it much more bigger compared to a Terrace Suite? What's included in a minibar? Do they provide a complimentary airport transfer? Any info would be much appreciated.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:38 am

Hi, anyone has experience with the Terrace vs Executive suite? I would guess that the main difference is the large terrace of the former? Which is preferred?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.