Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
My experience is the same with Mary's. I receive the 1K amentity bonus with FFN and point stays.

Like all bonuses (1W for the amenity bonus) if it shows up under "Bonuses" in the top right hand section of the Bill during checkout, it will automatically appear on your account. If it's not there, it obviously won't.

Sometimes, it isn't there for me, and the check-out clerk puts it in immediately upon my pointing it out.

Every now and then, I'm in a rush, and forget to check the Bonuses section when checking out, and call in afterwards in those cases.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt, United, Marriott
I've had to call in to have it posted on every single stay.

No problems from CS. I asked if this was common and one rep said, "Yes, its a new promotion and we're having trouble getting them to post".

So if you have a stay, don't assume you didn't qualify. Just call in and have it added.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
What I posted is what the Hyatt rep told me on the phone. She said if it didn't show up as an applicable charge then the ammentiy bonus does not post automatically but it did qualify.

There have been similar reports on this board, and CSR's have said that they could not get diamond 1k because it wasn't a qualifying stay. According to another thread, it has been a mixed bag.

REFERENCE THIS THREAD

Regarding the incidentals, that is only for FFN and points stays. If you pay for a stay, it isn't an issue. But the CSR told me that FFN stays without any incidentals do not even show up in their system and they have to force a stay with $1 to post the 1k.

Personally, I've had to call more this round of FFN's than ever before. Many had no MC charges. None had the 1k diamond gift, and many didn't include the g1, g2, or g3 bonuses.

But as always, ymmv......

Last edited by chicaloca453; Dec 21, 2005 at 4:04 pm
Old Dec 25, 2005, 6:10 pm

[QUOTE=thebeggar]Amen to that....Definitely La Jolla is clueless to any GP promotion...been there twice. Same problem. Also Hyatt Lake Las Vegas, clueless to any GP promotion.[/QUOTE

Does anyone have more recent experience with Hyatt Lake Las Vegas? I have reservations over New Year's and I need my points!
Old Dec 25, 2005, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I am staying at Las Vegas on the 28th but may not be able to post any experiences in a timely manner - will try though.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
I am staying at Las Vegas on the 28th but may not be able to post any experiences in a timely manner - will try though.

Got Regency Club access and a lakeview room but not on the Regency Floor. Got the HYCARD and AAA Breakfast coupons for the stay so I was not going to push my luck!!! A very nice stay, a very nice Club lounge. Free alcoholic drinks in evening, nice spread with huge prawns, nice cheeses, 3 types of wine out for self-service. Well done Hyatt!!!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
What I posted is what the Hyatt rep told me on the phone. She said if it didn't show up as an applicable charge then the ammentiy bonus does not post automatically but it did qualify.

There have been similar reports on this board, and CSR's have said that they could not get diamond 1k because it wasn't a qualifying stay. According to another thread, it has been a mixed bag.

REFERENCE THIS THREAD

Regarding the incidentals, that is only for FFN and points stays. If you pay for a stay, it isn't an issue. But the CSR told me that FFN stays without any incidentals do not even show up in their system and they have to force a stay with $1 to post the 1k.

Personally, I've had to call more this round of FFN's than ever before. Many had no MC charges. None had the 1k diamond gift, and many didn't include the g1, g2, or g3 bonuses.

But as always, ymmv......
What you wrote makes sense to me.

At a recent FFN stay at the HR La Jolla I had $4.00 (beer at the Regency Club lounge) and $2.28 in taxes on my check-out receipt, along with the 1W code. I did not get any points even though the stay showed up in my account as a reward stay. I called the Diamond Desk and they told me the same as you reported above (that the system won't pick up the 1W unless you have an incidental charge which generates a bill).

However, he couldn't explain why my points didn't post even though I had a $4.00 charge other than to say that alcohol is not an eligible charge (I don't think that is correct since that item didn't have the double asterisks by it on the bill).
Old May 1, 2006, 9:34 am
Original Member

Does the Park Hyatt Tokyo offer this? I asked and no one knew what I was talking about?
Old May 3, 2006, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members,

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback for the new Diamond Amenity offer. At this time, the 1,000 bonus point option is only available at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. However, we are working to develop an offering for the international properties as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
[email protected]
Has anyone heard whether the 1W 1,000 points is officially an option for international properties yet? Thanks.
Old May 5, 2006, 4:17 pm

Bump.
Old May 13, 2006, 11:20 pm

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
Not happening in Australia or Asia
cheers
paul

Originally Posted by kevino
Has anyone heard whether the 1W 1,000 points is officially an option for international properties yet? Thanks.
Old May 14, 2006, 12:23 pm

Currently / recently anyone got this with Award stay?
Old May 14, 2006, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by best
Currently / recently anyone got this with Award stay?
Yes, I've gotton the 1W bonus on reward stays in the past couple months........
Old May 14, 2006, 4:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
The only requirement for obtaining it on award stay[after requesting it, of course] is to have a charge that earns points.
Old May 19, 2006, 11:55 am

Programs: Hyatt, United, Marriott
Made the mistake of calling the general GP CS line about missing amenity posts and was told that they were only available on "Qualifying Stays". This is NOT accurate and I kindly directed the rep to check his facts.

Also had problems with another missing post and the (same) rep was less than helpful.

The general line does not seem to be as well educated about various promotions, so if you're calling for missing amenity points: 1) stick to your guns, 2) call back for a different rep, or 3) dig out your Diamond card and call the dedicated line.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.