Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Morristown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Morristown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by schriste
Other negatives are very poor sound insulation of connecting doors (which I think all of the corner rooms have), and window mounted A/C units that are fairly noisy. The rooms definitely have a more modern look now, but I hope 1506 is a quality anomaly.
Your description matches the room I had recently (NOT 1506, but another corner), so I doubt that it's an anomaly.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:01 pm
Suspended

I stayed here over the weekend for an inexpensive rate and my remarks mirror those above.

I checked in late and received a newly renovated room, but not a corner room -- did not matter to me as it really was a mattress run. I will add that although I live in an urban environment near to street level, the noise from the A/C was very, very loud -- not enough to really bother me, but others might be. So too, the same for noise coming in from the hall, again, same warning.

I have to agree with respect to the finishing quality on some items. The louver wood door already had nicks showing the light pine wood highlighted against the dark stain -- as if they never did a proper stain job -- and the new carpet appeared to have either stains already on it, or rubber cement or some type of adhesive on it.

The Plasma TV is nice, but only analog signals were received -- and I should add that I experienced the sound out of sync with the picture -- like a badly dubbed foreign movie -- on all TV channels (so that is a major negative!)

In addition and perhaps most importantly, I found that at least with respect to my room, that the door did not fully lock automatically when you left -- it did not complete the process of securely locking and thus the door was left ajar more often than not. One had to physically make sure that the door fully locked behind you.

Update: Points and stay credit did not post after 3 days so I contacted the hotel and when they did post, they were in the wrong amount! Called again to rectify the problem, so be warned of all of these issues. By the way, I brought up all of the renovation issues with the head of housekeeping so if you are given a sub-standard room replete with these problems, they are certainly aware of them -- as the supervisor had acknowledged to me when I went over the litany of complaints posted here on FT.

Now the positives, for the area, the inexpensive price on weekends and a 2000 GP bonus it was still a very good deal. Second, as a Diamond, they comped the buffet breakfast for 2 including tax, but my gratuity to our server was unaccountably decreased!! Typical offerings -- I stayed away from the undercooked bacon (I like mine really well done), but did appreciate the egg white fritattas, and the blackberry/blueberry fresh fruit mix. Coffee was very good, as well. Paul, the server as well as the rest of the staff were very congenial.

The bed was great. The view was nice of the surrounding mountains -- yes NJ does have mountains in the NW part of the state -- and yes, you mountain dwellers, you may not consider them such but we do!

Finally, in the connected mall, so you do not even have to brave the elements, are 2 pretty good sister restaurants -- Ming II and Mehndi, repsectively Pan-Asian and Indian.

First, although both tend to be surburban pricey, the decor in each was quite nice and the food was good to very good. Second, they both pariticpate in Restaurant.com, so you can appreciably decrease your cost -- esp. when dining with 2, as the $25 cert effectively halves the price of the entrees into quite reasonable territory . Third, both restuarants also participate in IDINE, so you can get miles/points with your dine, or even a cash-back should you choose, but be warned that RN has effecitvely gutted that program, IMHO.

In addition, right across from the hotel seem to be 4-5 dining places from a reasonable Taiwanese/Chinese/sushi eat-in take out place to the left of the hotel, to an Ecuadorian restaurant to its right. Across the street seem to be an upscale Pizza place, an Italian casual restaurant with an outdoor bar area where there are torch heaters, and also Tim Schafer's Cuisine, a gourmet restaurant. I have not dined at any of these restaurants (other than Mehndi) so cannot comment on the quality of the food.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Oct 13, 2009 at 10:21 am
Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by William2005
It's less than half a mile from the train station, I might take the train there from NYC.
Is this the closest estimate from public transit or something even closer if you take the bus? Might work for an MR stop on the way back to the airport. I don't care about style points and have no problem looking stupid for half an FFN. I'm getting too old to drag a suitcase down the street, but there is such a thing as just too short a distance to bother a cab for.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Gold
Does this place have free wireless in the lobby? I know it's 12 in the rooms.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I'm at the hotel now...$63 AAA rate, came with breakfast. Free shuttle service within 5 miles, I'll try it out tomorrow when I take it to my parent's house.

Hotel seems nice so far.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
phenomenal rate

I was here Monday night.

Free parking n the attached garage
Seamless check in to room on the 12th floor.
Lobby was attractive and a good number of folks there
Room was mid hallway, and after looking at the room map, smallish room on the floor.

Decor recently redone, sliding closet door, adequate sized bathtoom, recently redone bath, well lit, marble top.

Room has a nice 37inch TV, lighting is a little weak, outlets REAL poor, none on the desk or nightstand??????

Bed comfy
Old Jan 10, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Requalifying this month but last night was the first time we actually stayed in one of the hotels. Ten minutes from the house and we planned on going there for breakfast anyway (free for Diamonds) so in a "what the hell" moment, we decided to sleep there too.

Everything said above is right on the money. Nice layout but very, very noisy. Apparently the valet did not come out quick enough when someone arrived at 1:00 AM and the idiot honked his horn for five minutes. The connecting door offered no sound privacy. We did get a Junior Suite (1006) and the staff was professional and friendly.

Between the free breakfasts and the Costco certificates, it was a great deal for us.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:01 am

Just warping up a stay here with my wife. One breakfast charge made it to the room. According to the FD agent I spoke with, diamond only get one breakfast which everyone here know is not correct. (FYI, I put down two people staying in the room)
She did take it off as a one time exception, so I didn't argue with her further.
Who is the best person I should talk to so this front desk agent and restaurant staff get trained properly?
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by neuro0
Just warping up a stay here with my wife. One breakfast charge made it to the room. According to the FD agent I spoke with, diamond only get one breakfast which everyone here know is not correct. (FYI, I put down two people staying in the room)
She did take it off as a one time exception, so I didn't argue with her further.
Who is the best person I should talk to so this front desk agent and restaurant staff get trained properly?
Also just finished up (another) FFN quest stay ($52 24-hour sale rate) and for the first time was also told that breakfast is for one person only. I have stayed here a number of times in the past and never encountered this. I was also given an "exception". Was your FD agent the "short person"? Strange, as I have had him before and was not told the one person thing before.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by schriste
Also just finished up (another) FFN quest stay ($52 24-hour sale rate) and for the first time was also told that breakfast is for one person only. I have stayed here a number of times in the past and never encountered this. I was also given an "exception". Was your FD agent the "short person"? Strange, as I have had him before and was not told the one person thing before.
The person I spoke to is a she.
Beside, they put the rate as a package. I guess the stay will not posted automatically.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
The card they gave me last night said one, I told her there was a second person in the room and she changed it to two...it ended up being only me though, I checked out almost immediately after and nothing had made it to the bill yet.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 5:08 pm

W/ no form of disrespect, that "short person's" name is Ryan & I can assure u that w/ him, that would not have happened. Bobby, a good mgr, would have been the best "tall person (lol)" to deal w/ about this matter. Sounds as if she's a bit confused about her job-especially if ur a Diamond.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:57 am
Suspended

FYI: I was reviewing the T & C of being Diamond and it appears that you also get a morning paper 7 days a week.

I mention this because this property did not leave a paper for me.

Now, I did not make a stink cause of other programs not having to give the paper on weekends, but apparently has to do so, so this and any other hotel should be doing this if you ask them.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Checked in last night and was given card for two breakfasts with no problem at all (and I did have one last week when the young lady checked me in). Higher room this time (1201) and road noise was no problem.

Very nice buffet breakfast but you can order from the menu if you please and as a Diamond, it will still be free,
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stevens397

Very nice buffet breakfast but you can order from the menu if you please and as a Diamond, it will still be free,
aah, that is new, I was always limited to the buffet. Still might opt for the latter but nice to know that we can now order off the menu.

By the way, anyone ever eat dinner here?

Reason why I mention it is that they do have this dinner and a movie special for $35 per person -- gives you a movie ticket to the indoor theater there -- but usable at all the theaters of that chain -- forgot its name -- though and they have no expiration as far as I can see.

In addition, you can buy a Restaurant.com certificate for dinner in the restaurant -- but the rules specifically state that they cannot be used in conjunction with the dinner and the movie special or room service (dine in only).

Anyway, if anyone ever dined here in the evening, would be interested to know how it was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.