Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I'm reading conflicting things - is PH Seoul doing breakfast buffet? My family is always a big fan of breakfast buffets since they are so quick and was hoping PH would have one for them.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I'm reading conflicting things - is PH Seoul doing breakfast buffet? My family is always a big fan of breakfast buffets since they are so quick and was hoping PH would have one for them.
If you’re Globalist, you get unlimited a la carte + buffet for breakfast at cornerstone (2nd flr). Most of the a la carte portions are really small (think tapas style), but they’re all quite tasty and you can order as much as you want.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
It’s a small a la carte menu supplemented with a small quality buffet. Double or triple up the hot dishes for bigger portions.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Amazing, thank you!
Old May 25, 2022, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aventine
None. Even guests have to pay for it (20,000 won and valet only). The only way for some free parking time is to use the restaurants or on a points stay. If you don't have your own car on a points stay then you can register theirs and they can park for free. I don't think they'll let you register more than 1 for free but you could try.
Wouldn't it be one car per room booked on points? If the friends are staying overnight in a separate room, booking that room on points would enable the guests" car to park for free too.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wouldn't it be one car per room booked on points? If the friends are staying overnight in a separate room, booking that room on points would enable the guests" car to park for free too.
I wonder what OP did in this case.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They're doing partial guestroom renovations until end of July.

Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
No TSU will get you into a premium suite here and I wouldn’t bother using one here since you’re here during a weekday.

05 series suites have the COEX city views and 10 series views are towards Olympic stadium and Tancheon stream. I would go with 05. A bit more spacious than the 10 series and better views, IMO. I can live with any road noise for the views. 10 series suites are corner ones and a bit quieter.
how high do the 05/10 series suites go? Stayed before in 2001 a few years ago, which I'm presuming is on a tower/floor that has a different layout (from a floor map, don't see a -10 room on that floor). It wasn't a suite but it was roomy and had stunning city views, and was the most generous upgrade I ever had as an Explorist. that experience was the one that converted me as a Hyatt member more than anything else; sure the room felt a bit dated (older bidet than the Grand Hyatt in Seoul, lol), but the incredible views, the warm and earnest service from the concierge staff, the then-Aesop toiletries, even the dedicated bartenders at the basement restaurant... it was all exceptional. Sad to hear that they're nickel-and-diming things now but I suppose given circumstances that can't be helped.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lechamber
how high do the 05/10 series suites go? Stayed before in 2001 a few years ago, which I'm presuming is on a tower/floor that has a different layout (from a floor map, don't see a -10 room on that floor). It wasn't a suite but it was roomy and had stunning city views, and was the most generous upgrade I ever had as an Explorist. that experience was the one that converted me as a Hyatt member more than anything else; sure the room felt a bit dated (older bidet than the Grand Hyatt in Seoul, lol), but the incredible views, the warm and earnest service from the concierge staff, the then-Aesop toiletries, even the dedicated bartenders at the basement restaurant... it was all exceptional. Sad to hear that they're nickel-and-diming things now but I suppose given circumstances that can't be helped.
Every floor has suites except the top floor and spa area.

2001 would be a corner Park Deluxe room.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some pics of a renovated xx05 series Park Suite. I miss the lightening effect that came with the light wood panels and it looks like they hired the same team that did the GH renovations.
MSPeconomist and lechamber like this.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 4, 2022 at 7:11 am
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:19 pm

Thanks for this, Aventine!

Might be just me but looks rather cookie cutter and I wish they would have asked the original designer, SUPER POTATO, back.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented
Thanks for this, Aventine!

Might be just me but looks rather cookie cutter and I wish they would have asked the original designer, SUPER POTATO, back.
I heard they had a falling out a few years ago and won’t be working with them ever again. They’ve actually taken so many elements of the original design out that the hotel looks staid now. The elevators are also covered in ugly brown fake wood paneling.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still the best Globalist breakfast in Korea. Double up the orders on one plate for big eaters. The kimchi fried rice really isn't that good. Needs to be more oily and fried.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:01 pm

some notes from a recent stay.

Agree with Aventine about the refurbished rooms. the new dark wood paneling makes things seem smaller, more claustrophobic. we definitely preferred the older scheme of lighter wood. there are still many rooms un-renovated, and it seems like the 01 series/other rooms closer to the elevators weren't renovated yet (also with older bidets as a tradeoff...). overall, the color scheme and feel felt surprisingly similar to the Park Hyatt Busan.
the Park Suites have an unfortunate design choice where the shades/blackout curtains apply to the room as a whole, so no way to leave the shades/curtains open in the living area at night while they're closed in the bedroom.
there's also no door/separation between the bathroom area and the bedroom.
only a single vanity for the Park Suite, which was surprising/disappointing.
the lack of a half bathroom in the living area was also disappointing.
as a plus, with the renovation: the Bose Soundbar and new Nespresso machines are great.

the breakfast buffet was generous for Globalists but overall we preferred the experience and selection at the Andaz Seoul actually. Ordering the hot items from the server takes more time/hassle, and there was more of a diverse selection of Korean food options at the Andaz.

i would pay attention to the toiletries if you're staying in an un-renovated room, especially on a single night Guest of Honor stay. there was an unfortunate substitution there; the front desk staff gave a frankly unacceptable BS response when we asked about it, before a manager gave a more reasonable supply-chain excuse and attempt at service recovery.

the view: the Shilla Stay hotel that was built in the past few years is an eyesore, just a big brown slab blocking the view. unfortunate. there's construction going on in front of the hotel, and during the week during business hours you can hear some jackhammers/loud banging noises.

there were a lot of groups having parties in rooms over the weekends. many American/foreign tourists now as well given the recent loosening of restrictions.

Overall as a comparison: the service levels and staffing here are still a cut above the Grand Hyatt and Andaz (concierge still the best here IMO). The location is a bit more sedate compared to the Andaz which is more in the middle of things, and the grounds are smaller obviously than the resort-like feel of the GH. For families with young kids, the suite layout of the Andaz actually is better IMO. The spa/sauna here seems to be the best, most quiet and cleanest. Breakfast we preferred at the Andaz personally but can see others preferring the PH.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lechamber
some notes from a recent stay.

Agree with Aventine about the refurbished rooms. the new dark wood paneling makes things seem smaller, more claustrophobic. we definitely preferred the older scheme of lighter wood. there are still many rooms un-renovated, and it seems like the 01 series/other rooms closer to the elevators weren't renovated yet (also with older bidets as a tradeoff...). overall, the color scheme and feel felt surprisingly similar to the Park Hyatt Busan.
the Park Suites have an unfortunate design choice where the shades/blackout curtains apply to the room as a whole, so no way to leave the shades/curtains open in the living area at night while they're closed in the bedroom.
there's also no door/separation between the bathroom area and the bedroom.
only a single vanity for the Park Suite, which was surprising/disappointing.
the lack of a half bathroom in the living area was also disappointing.
as a plus, with the renovation: the Bose Soundbar and new Nespresso machines are great.
It comes from the building's history as an office building. Not built as a true suite and that's why no accommodation for a powder room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.