Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by synzero
There wasn't any Happy Hour perk when we stayed there last year. Honestly if I were upgraded to a suite despite the hotel regularly selling out I'd be pretty happy with my Globalist experience there.

I guess the good old pandemic days are over hahaha. We lived in Korea for the entire pandemic and had so many spectacular experiences with Hyatts on staycations, but we knew it was largely due to pandemic suppression of business. Looks like Korea is back, baby. Unfortunately for us. It felt like we had our own vacation paradise to ourselves since it was safe enough to go on vacation but not that many foreigners were coming with that quarantine requirement (though we had visits from more than one set of friends for the US who wanted to come to a country handling COVID way better than the US).

We also stayed at the Grand Parnas as a staycation and were upgraded to a small suite despite being mere Platinum IHG members (ie we've got the card and that's it). I was pretty tickled by that. Really nice property.
Did you go on a weekend to PH? Weekday should have gotten you a suite.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Recenty stay here:
3 nights using FHR mon -thurs upgraded to king suite. no other globalist benefits other than free breakfast at cornerstone. Used the $100 FB credit(FHR) at the cafe on top floor.
2 nights on Thurs-Sat on points. Regular king bed, All Hyatt hotels in Seoul were sold out. No upgrade.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VoiD
Recenty stay here:
3 nights using FHR mon -thurs upgraded to king suite. no other globalist benefits other than free breakfast at cornerstone. Used the $100 FB credit(FHR) at the cafe on top floor.
2 nights on Thurs-Sat on points. Regular king bed, All Hyatt hotels in Seoul were sold out. No upgrade.
Wow. Not even a Park Deluxe room? This hotel has gotten very stingy then.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Aventine
Wow. Not even a Park Deluxe room? This hotel has gotten very stingy then.
I guess it's time to move on from here.

I remember when it was 15k/night and at that price point, I think it's fair. But 25-29k is pushing it, that's Park Hyatt Tokyo territory and I think we can all agree that this place ain't no PHT.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I guess it's time to move on from here.

I remember when it was 15k/night and at that price point, I think it's fair. But 25-29k is pushing it, that's Park Hyatt Tokyo territory and I think we can all agree that this place ain't no PHT.
Well said. There's no chance in hell I would ever give them 29000 pts.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by synzero

We also stayed at the Grand Parnas as a staycation and were upgraded to a small suite despite being mere Platinum IHG members (ie we've got the card and that's it). I was pretty tickled by that. Really nice property.
At the Grand Parnas tonight (FRI) and upgraded to a Jr Suite using 40k points. I have a solid stay history here but usually, suite upgrades are rare, especially on weekends. Blown away by the nice renovation and the Jr Suite is BIG. Two drink vouchers at check-in for their awesome lobby lounge bar. Should have come here right away.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
At the Grand Parnas tonight (FRI) and upgraded to a Jr Suite using 40k points. I have a solid stay history here but usually, suite upgrades are rare, especially on weekends. Blown away by the nice renovation and the Jr Suite is BIG. Two drink vouchers at check-in for their awesome lobby lounge bar. Should have come here right away.
Just to confirm, did you book a standard room at Grand Parnas and was given the option to upgrade to a jr suite for an additional 40k pts? Or did you pay 40k pts total for the room and were upgraded to a jr suite bc of your status? The reason I ask is bc I have a couple nights booked at Grand Parnas. I emailed them asking about a possible upgrade (via Plat Elite status) and they told me there might be an option to upgrade to premium rooms with additional pts. I've actually never experienced this type of option at IHG properties, so I'm wondering if this is a result of their revamped loyalty program. Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Platinum
Hi, anyone stayed at the Park Suite? It is the standard suite. I have 2 kids but they only allow 1 roll-away in the suite. Wondering if my younger child(9yr old) can sleep on the sofa if we put down some sheets/comforter/pillow. Is it comfortable enough? Any comments appreciated. Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traveler0
Hi, anyone stayed at the Park Suite? It is the standard suite. I have 2 kids but they only allow 1 roll-away in the suite. Wondering if my younger child(9yr old) can sleep on the sofa if we put down some sheets/comforter/pillow. Is it comfortable enough? Any comments appreciated. Thanks
The couch length should be fine but the bottom cushions could be too soft considering the sofas are well worn after 17-18 years.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Platinum
What do you mean by bottom cushion?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traveler1919
What do you mean by bottom cushion?
The ones you sit on.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: hyatt globalist
Has anyone booked their standard suite and was further upgraded to their premium suite?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlee132132
Has anyone booked their standard suite and was further upgraded to their premium suite?
That’s totally not happening now. I think booking a Park suite straight will get you said Park suite.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
That’s totally not happening now. I think booking a Park suite straight will get you said Park suite.
From what I’ve gathered, there are a total of 38 suites (35 standard suites: Park Suite, 3 premium suites: 1 Presidential, 2 Diplomatic). So, chances of getting upgraded to a premium suite seem really slim.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by comeflywme
From what I’ve gathered, there are a total of 38 suites (35 standard suites: Park Suite, 3 premium suites: 1 Presidential, 2 Diplomatic). So, chances of getting upgraded to a premium suite seem really slim.
They also try to sell the premium suites as part of wedding packages and special promos. I believe this new GM is the kind that would rather see them left empty than ever given away as a complimentary upgrade.
comeflywme likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; May 9, 2022 at 12:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.