Wiki Posts
Search

Bad Night at Hyatt Dearborn

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2005, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Thumbs down Bad Night at Hyatt Dearborn

Checked in late last night at Hyatt Dearborn and was informed that the power for the entire Hotel would be shut off from 1-5 am, that there would be no elevators, etc and that we could request up to two halloween glowsticks per room if we felt we needed them. Was also informed the bar and restaurant closing early due to this power outage. A bit disconcerting to know we'd be on floor 14, and that also those doors have the keycard lock etc. At 1 the lights, tv etc all went out. No emergency lighting available, flashlights generators etc. Couldn't charge cell phone, and no batteries in the clocks in the room. At around 4:30 the power came back on accompanied by the building wide very loud fire alarm, which indicates their fire and security systems seem to have no backup during a even a scheduled power outage. Got up at 5, and went to the Regency Club at 6:30 for breakfast. (opens at 6:30 for breakfast) No one was there and only apples, oranges coffee/tea and little cereal boxes until a little after 7 when they arrived with the danishes, bagels, sliced fruit etc but was already checking out for an early meeting.
Have stayed here and enjoyed this property in the past. Was not happy with the stay this time and would definitely have made a reseravation elsewhere had I been informed of the prescheduled power outage. Preparations for which were poor, and the level of overall service on this stay was dissapointing.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:36 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear JABC,

At Hyatt Hotels & Resorts we are dedicated to guest satisfaction, and therefore we were disappointed to learn that you experienced a service or product failure on your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Dearborn.

To assure that your concerns are addressed and corrective measures are taken to prevent a reoccurrence, please contact Hyatt Consumer Affairs at 1-800-323-7249 between the hours of 6:00 AM - 11:30 PM CST, Monday - Friday. If you prefer to correspond via email, please forward your name, contact information, and the details of your visit to: [email protected].

We look forward to the opportunity to regain your confidence and faith in Hyatt Hotels and Resorts.

Best Regards,

Karen Smith
Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
Old Apr 26, 2005, 4:35 pm

Programs: Diamond - Hyatt;Marriott - Gold;SPG - Platin.; Delta Sky Plat; Hertz 5str; Avis Pref Sel
Red face Agreed

I'm with you. I checked in about 10pm and used the 1 800 Checkin. It would have been very useful had I been informed about the scheduled power outage at the time. Instead, I found out at the front desk upon checkin. I have no issues at all with the staff as they have always given me excellent attention to my needs. Management should have communicated with all guest checking in for the night prior to arrival or whenever it was possible. Fortunately, I must have been really tired as I slept solid from 12:00 until about 6:30pm.

Originally Posted by jabc
Checked in late last night at Hyatt Dearborn and was informed that the power for the entire Hotel would be shut off from 1-5 am, that there would be no elevators, etc and that we could request up to two halloween glowsticks per room if we felt we needed them. Was also informed the bar and restaurant closing early due to this power outage. A bit disconcerting to know we'd be on floor 14, and that also those doors have the keycard lock etc. At 1 the lights, tv etc all went out. No emergency lighting available, flashlights generators etc. Couldn't charge cell phone, and no batteries in the clocks in the room. At around 4:30 the power came back on accompanied by the building wide very loud fire alarm, which indicates their fire and security systems seem to have no backup during a even a scheduled power outage. Got up at 5, and went to the Regency Club at 6:30 for breakfast. (opens at 6:30 for breakfast) No one was there and only apples, oranges coffee/tea and little cereal boxes until a little after 7 when they arrived with the danishes, bagels, sliced fruit etc but was already checking out for an early meeting.
Have stayed here and enjoyed this property in the past. Was not happy with the stay this time and would definitely have made a reseravation elsewhere had I been informed of the prescheduled power outage. Preparations for which were poor, and the level of overall service on this stay was dissapointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.