Paradise on a Budget

Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
Paradise on a Budget

Wow, we are lucky to be at the Hyatt Kauai for an award stay. In addition to an upgrade to a premium, full ocean view room on the top floor, the Regency Club here is the best I've ever experienced. Besides really good, heavy hors'duevres (sp?), it has an OPEN, FULL BAR from 5:00 to 7:30! Then from 6:30 to 7:30, desserts and unlimited cordials like B&B, Corvossier VSOP, Bailey's, etc.

This may end up being the least expensive (and best) vacation I've ever taken!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Originally Posted by sonofliberty
Wow, we are lucky to be at the Hyatt Kauai for an award stay. In addition to an upgrade to a premium, full ocean view room on the top floor, the Regency Club here is the best I've ever experienced. Besides really good, heavy hors'duevres (sp?), it has an OPEN, FULL BAR from 5:00 to 7:30! Then from 6:30 to 7:30, desserts and unlimited cordials like B&B, Corvossier VSOP, Bailey's, etc.

This may end up being the least expensive (and best) vacation I've ever taken!
I absolutely agree with you. IMHO, the Hyatt Kauai is the best place for paradise on a budget if you are using FFNs or points.

I took the family to Kauai a couple of years ago on FFNs and you can pretty much eat your meals and get your daily alcohol fix at the Regency Club. Our room was on the top floor near the elevator near the RC and it was sooo convenient popping down to the RC for breakfast and evening food/drinks. And the spa facilities are pretty awesome too. They know how to treat GP folks well.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 8:31 pm

Hyatt Kauai

Onedog, how many points required for one night stay?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:47 pm

Suite & RC?

We have a Ocean Suite booked this spring with points. Can't seem to combine that with club access regardless of points available. Any ideas?
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:44 am

Definitely the best deal for FFN's! We have a reservation for 4 nights from April 7-11 using FFN! I can't wait to eat their korean chicken in the lounge and sip mai tai from the lanai!
Old Mar 3, 2005, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Failing some earlier remedy, I'll bet you have a good chance of getting RC access by just talking to the manager when you check in. Funny thing about the RC here -- there are more than a few RC guests who obviously aren't experienced travelers. I've got to believe a number of them had RC access comped for some reason, because otherwise I doubt they'd even know it existed or understand its value.

Or so it seems to me. Aloha!

Originally Posted by ckinsey
We have a Ocean Suite booked this spring with points. Can't seem to combine that with club access regardless of points available. Any ideas?
Old Mar 3, 2005, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

It cost 15k/night for us.

Originally Posted by skywalk
Onedog, how many points required for one night stay?
Old Mar 3, 2005, 5:21 pm

Quite often, the standard 15k level is not available, then it goes up to 24k for a Gold Passport Plus award. So try to book early!
Old Mar 4, 2005, 6:01 am

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold
I stayed there this past summer on my honeymoon in an RC room on points. The 5 nights cost me 90,000 and they were the best 90,000 points I have every spent. The staff in the RC lounge (and really in the whole hotel) were great and gave wonderful recommendations for activities and restaurants off property.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by ckinsey
A friend had a suite booked with points in Kauai a few years ago, and at check in he was given RC access since there is no RC Suite award with points. They said that RC comes with the suite award. They may have changed this, but I bet if you mention the fact that a suite award is basically the highest award level, you will get RC access.

Using points on a suite in Kauai is my favorite way to blow points. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.