Community
Wiki Posts
Search

D.C. Area Hyatts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
D.C. Area Hyatts

I'm planning on going down to D.C. to attend a performance at the Kennedy Center in April. Rates at the PH and GH that night are quite high; the HR Capitol Hill shows no availability. Any comments on the Hyatt Arlington or the HR Crystal City would be appreciated, as would any thoughts on taking the metro (woman alone) out to either at about 1030 pm. It looks like there's a shuttle from the metro to the HR Crystal City; okay to wait at the metro station for it at 11 pm?
This is where I really miss the Search function!
Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rfrost
I'm planning on going down to D.C. to attend a performance at the Kennedy Center in April. Rates at the PH and GH that night are quite high; the HR Capitol Hill shows no availability. Any comments on the Hyatt Arlington or the HR Crystal City would be appreciated, as would any thoughts on taking the metro (woman alone) out to either at about 1030 pm. It looks like there's a shuttle from the metro to the HR Crystal City; okay to wait at the metro station for it at 11 pm?
This is where I really miss the Search function!
Hyatt Arlington is far more convenient metro-wise to the Kennedy Center and cabs would be cheap -- in the $10 range there, while the HR Crystal City cab ride would cost closer to $13. The shuttle bus wait time at the Crystal City metro can be quite long and you have to make sure you come out at the right entrance to wait for it ... i.e., take the shuttle bus to the metro to realize where it picks up/drops off. The metro also closes at around midnight -- if that becomes an issue -- on Sundays - Friday.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:21 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Arlington is fine and not a very expensive cab ride from the Kennedy Center if you want to take the cab or take the shuttle from the kennedy center to the foggy bottom metro (you and all your compatriots will be doing this), and then take the blue or orange line to rosslyn. Its safe IMHO. The hyatt itself is not noteworthy, but clean, safe and decent breakfast in the restaurant. You may luck out and get a nice view. I have in the past.

I can't comment on crystal city, though I know the the zipper is quite fond of it.

Have fun!

lala
Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lalala
Arlington is fine and not a very expensive cab ride from the Kennedy Center if you want to take the cab or take the shuttle from the kennedy center to the foggy bottom metro (you and all your compatriots will be doing this), and then take the blue or orange line to rosslyn. Its safe IMHO. The hyatt itself is not noteworthy, but clean, safe and decent breakfast in the restaurant. You may luck out and get a nice view. I have in the past.

I can't comment on crystal city, though I know the the zipper is quite fond of it.

Have fun!

lala
I thought Rosslyn (where the Hyatt Arlington is located) was a concrete jungle until I discovered Crystal City, which is truly a concrete jungle.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I was actually thinking that Reston, Rosslyn and Crystal City along with Pentagon City could be interchangeable.

lala
Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Reston is a half hour NW of Rosslyn give or take ten to fifteen minutes for traffic.. its about 20 miles or so to Rosslyn and not easily accessible by metro.. it would take hopping a bus to the Falls Church metro.

I was actually thinking that Reston, Rosslyn and Crystal City along with Pentagon City could be interchangeable.

lala
Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:43 pm

I was thinking in terms of genus loci, architecture and being devoid of life and spirit, not geographical location.

lala
Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:51 pm
Suspended

I was thinking in terms of genus loci, architecture and being devoid of life and spirit, not geographical location.

lala
The Rosslyn-Courthouse-Clarendon stretch is much more lively post-work than Crystal City.... and for good reason. And getting to a jog along the Potomac and onto Roosevelt Island is much more practical from Rosslyn -- and then there is the world beyond Key Bridge (back into DC).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.