Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TVs disappearing on gym aerobic machines ?

Old Apr 12, 2024, 3:10 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro

I use the elliptical machines in hyatt gyms. I have always enjoyed watching the TVs on the machines while I work out. I have found that the TVs are no longer working on the 3 hotels I visit almost exclusively- Hyatt Grand Central, HR Huntington Beach and the Waikiki Centric. Is this a coincidence or is this something spreading through Hyatts?
Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2024, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mmgm
I use the elliptical machines in hyatt gyms. I have always enjoyed watching the TVs on the machines while I work out. I have found that the TVs are no longer working on the 3 hotels I visit almost exclusively- Hyatt Grand Central, HR Huntington Beach and the Waikiki Centric. Is this a coincidence or is this something spreading through Hyatts?
Thanks
Coincidence.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Thanks
I also visit the elipticals. Tablet, YouTube tv, AirPods.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I have found that the TVs are no longer working on the 3 hotels I visit almost exclusively- Hyatt Grand Central, HR Huntington Beach and the Waikiki Centric. Is this a coincidence or is this something spreading through Hyatts?
I would have asked at the front desk.

Originally Posted by mydogsarebad
I also visit the elipticals. Tablet, YouTube tv, AirPods.
Not everyone wants to pay for a YouTube TV (or similar) subscription. I usually listen to podcasts while working out, but sometimes like to keep an eye on TV news. I guess it keeps me from focusing on the workout timer.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:41 pm
soy

Programs: various
I just find most hotels do not really maintain the gym equipment, so if something knocks out the TV, it can be gone for a long long time. I just assume it will not work so rely on my podcasts to distract me from the dammed timer!
notquiteaff likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.