Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Minor Hyatt 4pm checkout issue [keys deactivated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2023, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Clear

I love Hyatt and being a Globalist and quite often I use the 4pm checkout that makes travel wonderfully covenant, BUT it is a hassle that my key gets deactivated about noon and even though I rekey in the morning, it happens again and again. I know this is a small issue, but when you walk a long walk to the room and my key does not work, it is aggravating.

I wish Hyatt could fix this issue.
olouie and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:06 pm

YMMV, but I've never had this issue when staying past the usual 11am/12pm checkout times.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MiamiBill
It's not a Hyatt issue. It's the agent who checked you in.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I love Hyatt and being a Globalist and quite often I use the 4pm checkout that makes travel wonderfully covenant, BUT it is a hassle that my key gets deactivated about noon and even though I rekey in the morning, it happens again and again. I know this is a small issue, but when you walk a long walk to the room and my key does not work, it is aggravating.

Very odd. I have never had this issue.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:23 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
A decent hotel/ agent will programme the kick during check-in. A bad one will forget/ not bother.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This is where the app used to be very helpful. During a stay, it used to display the check out time which was registered in the system. Therefore, if you requested 4pm it would say "Checkout: 4pm". If it didn't, then I knew to go back to the front desk and get them to rectify the issue.

However, the app was updated a few years back to no longer show this information,.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:07 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
I’ve experienced this several times , even after I request that the key be programmed correctly. The FD always seems to type something, but it often does not work.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:52 pm

It worked well for me until this year. Even if the agents are good and confirm they coded the key right it often doesnt work. Had the issue on the past 2 stays where they did it at check in and then i proactively asked them to recode the keys the morning of checkout but it still didnt take. Small issue but yes annoying.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gravii
This is where the app used to be very helpful. During a stay, it used to display the check out time which was registered in the system. Therefore, if you requested 4pm it would say "Checkout: 4pm". If it didn't, then I knew to go back to the front desk and get them to rectify the issue.

However, the app was updated a few years back to no longer show this information,.
It does for me, as recently as couple of weeks ago.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 2:25 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
It does for me, as recently as couple of weeks ago.
Odd, my last stay was less then 2 weeks ago and it did not. I take a lot of screenshots of the screen after I check in so I have the room number handy. The last time 'real time' checkout time information showed for me was October 2021.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Had this happen several times (not just Hyatt) and it’s very annoying. Front Desk are on autopilot and simply code the key to the standard checkout time, and will in all likelihood have already done so before either you or they mention late checkout options (if they even do).

Sometimes a complaint about this lazily unthinking behaviour pays off - at Grand Hyatt Washington DC this May I got 8000* points as Service Recovery for the inconvenience of having to traipse back to the front desk to have the key re-coded.

* - which was nearly twice the Base Points I actually earned for the stay itself! 😀
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Clear
I forgot to mention in the original post that this happened to be in the past two stays this week. Once in Pennsylvania and tehn again in Boston, and the wort part was in Boston, when I told the agent what happened in Pennsylvania and he rekeyed my card twice and it still failed. Thus, I think it is a general Hyatt IT issue.

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Had this happen several times (not just Hyatt) and it’s very annoying. Front Desk are on autopilot and simply code the key to the standard checkout time, and will in all likelihood have already done so before either you or they mention late checkout options (if they even do).

Sometimes a complaint about this lazily unthinking behaviour pays off - at Grand Hyatt Washington DC this May I got 8000* points as Service Recovery for the inconvenience of having to traipse back to the front desk to have the key re-coded.

* - which was nearly twice the Base Points I actually earned for the stay itself! 😀
I did complain in Boston, sorta in a snarky way, but was more annoyed than upset. I did NOT get any miles or I would have been actually happy with that.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 11:09 am

I forgot to mention in the original post that this happened to be in the past two stays this week. Once in Pennsylvania and tehn again in Boston, and the wort part was in Boston, when I told the agent what happened in Pennsylvania and he rekeyed my card twice and it still failed. Thus, I think it is a general Hyatt IT issue.

I did complain in Boston, sorta in a snarky way, but was more annoyed than upset. I did NOT get any miles or I would have been actually happy with that.
Boston? Which property? Happens at the HR downtown to me.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olouie
Boston? Which property? Happens at the HR downtown to me.
I had the de-activated key issue at two locations

On November 5 - Hyatt Centric Faneuil Hall Boston - this was the location I rekeyed twice in the morning and still did not work at 330pm and did the walk of shame to the lobby
On November 3 - Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia - my key stopped working at 1pm and I had to do the walk of shame back to the front lobby
Old Nov 7, 2023, 11:51 am

I had the de-activated key issue at two locations

On November 5 - Hyatt Centric Faneuil Hall Boston - this was the location I rekeyed twice in the morning and still did not work at 330pm and did the walk of shame to the lobby
On November 3 - Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia - my key stopped working at 1pm and I had to do the walk of shame back to the front lobby
Checked out of HC yesterday at 4pm without any issues, maybe thanks to you :-)
Warriorconcept and MiamiBill like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.