Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New WoH Premium Card (Survey)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
predictably, those who would benefit from a new card to perhaps reacher higher status will welcome it, others hate it.

Originally Posted by Matt4200
They sent these same surveys out in 2019 for a premium card.
I bet you can think of something that happened after 2019 that might have impacted the entire hotel world and potentially invalidated the survey results.

60 is already high as it is, it’s actually the perfect balance as it’s 2 entire months required.
It’s actually quite high considering that they are still a fairly US oriented chain and US corporate wage slaves don’t exactly get a ton of vacation days. I used to get 18 days a year when I was working for salary. And I generally didn’t have a ton of business travel to help me earn status nights on someone else’s time and time. With family travel to locations where Hyatt isn’t even an option I basically have given up on 60 nights (minus 5+ credit card nights) being a realistic goal at all.

Hyatt has perhaps come to a similar conclusion (looking at business travel cutbacks) given the assorted status challenges and offers in the past few years. I would be surprised if they increased the 60 night requirement, unless they then just want to turn around and offer double EQN promos.

As for the credit card, I wasn’t asked for my opinion. I am not going to worry about what might or might not come and how it might be impacting me.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:58 pm

The biggest issue is that there is a fundamental disconnect between what the bank and hotel company most want and what most higher end globs actually want. Their incentives would be more spending on the card for more revenue, but that would likely require incentives that dilute status and make it easier to acquire by spending. Globs most want and benefit from benefits that aren't tied to more eqn through spending. Things like better free night certs, more certs, more perks from actual stays etc. These things unfortunately go against each other. Real globs through actual hotel stays usually want less or limited eqn by spend but Chase most benefits from your spending a million bucks on the card.

For this glob personally, I would gladly pay a higher premium fee card that offers other benefits. Something like..

500 a year
-5x points on Hyatt spend
-a cat 8 night each year
-a cat 5 night every 15k spend up to 4x
-a $100 hyatt certificate each year, like you get from 30 nights (I think it's at 30)
-8 eqn for having the card
-2 eqn every 5k spend up to 50k
-Ability to combine 2 cat 4 certs into a cat 7 or 25k points

Last edited by antonius66; Sep 11, 2023 at 2:07 pm
Old Sep 11, 2023, 2:56 pm

I've been waiting for a card like this. It really would motivate me to get to 100 nights every year through a combination of spend and stays. 80k extra points plus up to 4 free 1-5 nights that could be upgraded on top of what we normally get from the WOH program seems like a no brainer.
iluvdoco likes this.

Last edited by Tonyr4; Sep 12, 2023 at 6:24 am
Old Sep 11, 2023, 7:29 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Interesting survey!

But it would be way more important to bring a Hyatt Credit Card to Europe and other parts of the world AT ALL.
​​​​​​
​​​​
Old Sep 12, 2023, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by rota
Interesting survey!

But it would be way more important to bring a Hyatt Credit Card to Europe and other parts of the world AT ALL.
​​​​​​
​​​​
With Hyatt having such a small footprint outside of the US, i wouldn't get your hopes up for that. They would need more hotels first
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:19 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Schnit
With Hyatt having such a small footprint outside of the US, i wouldn't get your hopes up for that. They would need more hotels first
Don't know what you're talking about? It's approx. 400 native Hyatt plus in short order additional 940 Mr&Mrs. Smith hotels in Europe. Should be a whole lot more then in the US, where it's only 800 native plus 200 Mr & Mrs Smith ;-)
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:31 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Don't know what you're talking about? It's approx. 400 native Hyatt plus in short order additional 940 Mr&Mrs. Smith hotels in Europe. Should be a whole lot more then in the US, where it's only 800 native plus 200 Mr & Mrs Smith ;-)
It's premature to count the M&M Smith properties, IMHO. We don't know how many will stay part of M&M Smith since Hyatt acquired the booking engine, and we don't know what benefits WoH members will accrue at the remaining properties.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Their recent acquisitions and other types of deals have significantly increased their footprint abroad. But that footprint is still scattered across a significant number of countries. Is there a partner bank in Europe that could cover all or most of the EU and UK, like Chase in the US? I have the impression that consumer banking is still a very national thing in Europe. Do Marriott or Hilton have significant credit card coverage across all of Europe?
Old Sep 13, 2023, 6:55 am

I think the current card is just fine, don’t want Hyatt to give away too much and devalue status like Hilton did….
I've had great status recognition as a Hilton Diamond via my Aspire card. But given the size of Hilton's footprint Diamonds are spread out further than Globalists would be within Hyatt. But price the Hyatt card high enough and the devaluation issue is largely muted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.