New WoH Premium Card (Survey)

Old Sep 10, 23, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
New WoH Premium Card (Survey)

Chase has been sending out a survey testing a new, WoH personal card with more benefits intended to complement loyalty. Not all benefits in this list will likely be included, but some notable differences polled include:
  • Increased annual fee: $250, $350, or $450
  • 3x on top 2 spend categories
  • 10 EQNs credit instead of 5 EQNs
  • Annual Cat 1-5 Cert instead of 1-4
  • $25K spend for additional Cat 1-5 Cert instead of $15k
  • Ability to combine Cat 1-4 Certs to higher value certificates (options include 1-6, 1-8)
  • Ability to extend Certs via spend or a flat 5000 point fee
  • Statement credits for Hyatt stays and on-premise expenses (e.g. F&B)
  • Explorist status for your first cardmember year, then Discoverist thereafter
  • Doubled milestone rewards post-60 nights (20k pts or 2 SUAs per 10 nights)
If the statement credits are reasonable (~$200 or so in value), then I think this would be worth it to most Globalists even at $450. What do you all think?
iluvdoco and IAD_flyer like this.

Last edited by Fluff Ermine; Sep 10, 23 at 6:28 pm
Old Sep 10, 23, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I received this survey too.

A choice that I liked was to receive a free night certificate (category 1-4 or 1-5) for each $25000 spend, up to 4 certificates a year.
The certificate combining ideas (trade two 1-4 certificates for a 1-6 or a 1-8) were interesting.
Other winners for me would be 10 EQN annually, and the improved milestone awards past 60 nights.

Note that the survey is testing which potential features are appealing; I would expect only a small subset of the items on the OP’s list to be included in an actual product.
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Sep 10, 23, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Glad they actually doing a survey on this - WOH
​​​needs a luxury/ premium card. I'm getting frustrated with how Marriott is adding so much to it's assortment while Hyatt seems a laggard. From a hotel guest perspective, Hyatt is obviously better but it's just so much easier to participate in Marriotts ecosystem
Old Sep 10, 23, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, WN, AA, BA, UA, HA, AS, Avis
A premium WoH could be interesting although I think the existing WoH CC is great as it lets me put enough spend on there to supplement my stays and hit Globalist each year. As long as that doesnt go away (or get negatively impacted), then great.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Sep 10, 23, 7:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
Chase has been sending out a survey testing a new, WoH personal card with more benefits intended to complement loyalty. Not all benefits in this list will likely be included, but some notable differences polled include:
  • Increased annual fee: $250, $350, or $450
  • 3x on top 2 spend categories
  • 10 EQNs credit instead of 5 EQNs
  • Annual Cat 1-5 Cert instead of 1-4
  • $25K spend for additional Cat 1-5 Cert instead of $15k
  • Ability to combine Cat 1-4 Certs to higher value certificates (options include 1-6, 1-8)
  • Ability to extend Certs via spend or a flat 5000 point fee
  • Statement credits for Hyatt stays and on-premise expenses (e.g. F&B)
  • Explorist status for your first cardmember year, then Discoverist thereafter
  • Doubled milestone rewards post-60 nights (20k pts or 2 SUAs per 10 nights)
If the statement credits are reasonable (~$200 or so in value), then I think this would be worth it to most Globalists even at $450. What do you all think?
They sent these same surveys out in 2019 for a premium card.

I think the current card is just fine, dont want Hyatt to give away too much and devalue status like Hilton did

Thats just my thoughts.
Old Sep 10, 23, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AC 50K, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
dont want Hyatt to give away too much and devalue status like Hilton did
I personally don't think there is too much to worry about there, or at least I hope, since there is no fast track or spend to Glob mentioned. I'd like to think Hyatt knows the value proposition of Glob, as well as limitations of their footprint, that they have to make Glob better than Plat/Diamond at Marriott and Hilton to remain competitive.

The stepped up milestone rewards, as well as the certificate flexibility would be interesting.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 10, 23, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I personally don't think there is too much to worry about there, or at least I hope, since there is no fast track or spend to Glob mentioned. I'd like to think Hyatt knows the value proposition of Glob, as well as limitations of their footprint, that they have to make Glob better than Plat/Diamond at Marriott and Hilton to remain competitive.

The stepped up milestone rewards, as well as the certificate flexibility would be interesting.
Yeah but its a slippery slope along with Hyatt giving away status through 2025 already earlier this year.
Old Sep 10, 23, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Methinks that the 60 night Globalist threshold will be going up. I doubt they’d give out 20% 17% of the annual nights requirement as a (possible) premium credit card perk.

Last edited by dpb132; Sep 10, 23 at 9:31 pm Reason: Math error
Old Sep 10, 23, 8:11 pm

No survey received here
Old Sep 10, 23, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by dpb132
Methinks that the 60 night Globalist threshold will be going up. I doubt theyd give out 20% of the annual nights requirement as a (possible) premium credit card perk.
60 is already high as it is, its actually the perfect balance as its 2 entire months required.

Also, 10 EQNs isnt quite 20% of 60. On top of that they have given out 10 EQNs as a sign up bonus multiple times in the past, its not a huge leap. Figure someone does a 5 night mattress run at $40 a night thats $200 they project those nights could go for, if the Annual Fee is $450 take out that $200 its still $250.

This is just a survey though if you look it up they did several versions of this same survey for a Premium Hyatt Credit Card with Chase back in 2019, it never happened.

I feel like they could make some adjustments to the current World of Hyatt Card to make it more appealing beyond just the sign up bonus and Hyatt purchases.
kevino and dpb132 like this.
Old Sep 10, 23, 9:06 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Silver, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
They sent these same surveys out in 2019 for a premium card.

I think the current card is just fine, dont want Hyatt to give away too much and devalue status like Hilton did

Thats just my thoughts.
This. Hyatt's more than reasonable award rates which have won me over. Some of the award rates for Hilton and Marriott are just ridiculous.
Old Sep 10, 23, 9:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Im hoping Hyatt doesnt go the route of Bonvoy and make its programme fundamentally less attractive for non-Americans unable to get the chosen premium card.
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Sep 10, 23, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
I received the survey as well.

The current card is fine. They can offer a premium version on top of it which includes a C1-7 cert (my wish list obviously!). When amalgamated with other perks, this could be a good value proposition for a $495-$650 fee card.
Old Sep 10, 23, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
60 is already high as it is, its actually the perfect balance as its 2 entire months required.

Also, 10 EQNs isnt quite 20% of 60. On top of that they have given out 10 EQNs as a sign up bonus multiple times in the past, its not a huge leap. Figure someone does a 5 night mattress run at $40 a night thats $200 they project those nights could go for, if the Annual Fee is $450 take out that $200 its still $250.

This is just a survey though if you look it up they did several versions of this same survey for a Premium Hyatt Credit Card with Chase back in 2019, it never happened.

I feel like they could make some adjustments to the current World of Hyatt Card to make it more appealing beyond just the sign up bonus and Hyatt purchases.
IHG is 70 nights and Marriott 75 nights for their top tier status levels. I just think we are kidding ourselves if we assume an upward Hyatt adjustment isnt in the offing in the next couple of years.
Old Sep 10, 23, 10:00 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Silver, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by dpb132
IHG is 70 nights and Marriott 75 nights for their top tier status levels. I just think we are kidding ourselves if we assume an upward Hyatt adjustment isnt in the offing in the next couple of years.
Marriott has a level above Tit (75 nights): Ambassador 100 nights + spend requirements
​​​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.