New WoH Premium Card (Survey)

Old Sep 10, 23, 6:01 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Posts: 315
New WoH Premium Card (Survey)

Chase has been sending out a survey testing a new, WoH personal card with more benefits intended to complement loyalty. Not all benefits in this list will likely be included, but some notable differences polled include:
  • Increased annual fee: $250, $350, or $450
  • 3x on top 2 spend categories
  • 10 EQNs credit instead of 5 EQNs
  • Annual Cat 1-5 Cert instead of 1-4
  • $25K spend for additional Cat 1-5 Cert instead of $15k
  • Ability to combine Cat 1-4 Certs to higher value certificates (options include 1-6, 1-8)
  • Ability to extend Certs via spend or a flat 5000 point fee
  • Statement credits for Hyatt stays and on-premise expenses (e.g. F&B)
  • Explorist status for your first cardmember year, then Discoverist thereafter
  • Doubled milestone rewards post-60 nights (20k pts or 2 SUAs per 10 nights)
If the statement credits are reasonable (~$200 or so in value), then I think this would be worth it to most Globalists even at $450. What do you all think?
iluvdoco and IAD_flyer like this.

Last edited by Fluff Ermine; Sep 10, 23 at 6:28 pm
Fluff Ermine is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 6:12 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 2,644
I received this survey too.

A choice that I liked was to receive a free night certificate (category 1-4 or 1-5) for each $25000 spend, up to 4 certificates a year.
The certificate combining ideas (trade two 1-4 certificates for a 1-6 or a 1-8) were interesting.
Other winners for me would be 10 EQN annually, and the improved milestone awards past 60 nights.

Note that the survey is testing which potential features are appealing; I would expect only a small subset of the items on the OP’s list to be included in an actual product.
Fluff Ermine likes this.
jbeckett is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 6:27 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 2,013
Glad they actually doing a survey on this - WOH
​​​needs a luxury/ premium card. I'm getting frustrated with how Marriott is adding so much to it's assortment while Hyatt seems a laggard. From a hotel guest perspective, Hyatt is obviously better but it's just so much easier to participate in Marriotts ecosystem
SHLTP is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 6:35 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, WN, AA, BA, UA, HA, AS, Avis
Posts: 1,282
A premium WoH could be interesting although I think the existing WoH CC is great as it lets me put enough spend on there to supplement my stays and hit Globalist each year. As long as that doesnt go away (or get negatively impacted), then great.
Biggie Fries likes this.
rajuabju is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 7:31 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,304
Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
Chase has been sending out a survey testing a new, WoH personal card with more benefits intended to complement loyalty. Not all benefits in this list will likely be included, but some notable differences polled include:
  • Increased annual fee: $250, $350, or $450
  • 3x on top 2 spend categories
  • 10 EQNs credit instead of 5 EQNs
  • Annual Cat 1-5 Cert instead of 1-4
  • $25K spend for additional Cat 1-5 Cert instead of $15k
  • Ability to combine Cat 1-4 Certs to higher value certificates (options include 1-6, 1-8)
  • Ability to extend Certs via spend or a flat 5000 point fee
  • Statement credits for Hyatt stays and on-premise expenses (e.g. F&B)
  • Explorist status for your first cardmember year, then Discoverist thereafter
  • Doubled milestone rewards post-60 nights (20k pts or 2 SUAs per 10 nights)
If the statement credits are reasonable (~$200 or so in value), then I think this would be worth it to most Globalists even at $450. What do you all think?
They sent these same surveys out in 2019 for a premium card.

I think the current card is just fine, dont want Hyatt to give away too much and devalue status like Hilton did

Thats just my thoughts.
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 7:44 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: IAH
Programs: DL DM, AC 50K, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 12,622
Originally Posted by Matt4200
dont want Hyatt to give away too much and devalue status like Hilton did
I personally don't think there is too much to worry about there, or at least I hope, since there is no fast track or spend to Glob mentioned. I'd like to think Hyatt knows the value proposition of Glob, as well as limitations of their footprint, that they have to make Glob better than Plat/Diamond at Marriott and Hilton to remain competitive.

The stepped up milestone rewards, as well as the certificate flexibility would be interesting.
notquiteaff likes this.
krazykanuck is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 7:49 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,304
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I personally don't think there is too much to worry about there, or at least I hope, since there is no fast track or spend to Glob mentioned. I'd like to think Hyatt knows the value proposition of Glob, as well as limitations of their footprint, that they have to make Glob better than Plat/Diamond at Marriott and Hilton to remain competitive.

The stepped up milestone rewards, as well as the certificate flexibility would be interesting.
Yeah but its a slippery slope along with Hyatt giving away status through 2025 already earlier this year.
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 8:05 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: TUS
Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 518
Methinks that the 60 night Globalist threshold will be going up. I doubt they’d give out 20% 17% of the annual nights requirement as a (possible) premium credit card perk.

Last edited by dpb132; Sep 10, 23 at 9:31 pm Reason: Math error
dpb132 is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 8:11 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,453
No survey received here
antonius66 is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 8:14 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,304
Originally Posted by dpb132
Methinks that the 60 night Globalist threshold will be going up. I doubt theyd give out 20% of the annual nights requirement as a (possible) premium credit card perk.
60 is already high as it is, its actually the perfect balance as its 2 entire months required.

Also, 10 EQNs isnt quite 20% of 60. On top of that they have given out 10 EQNs as a sign up bonus multiple times in the past, its not a huge leap. Figure someone does a 5 night mattress run at $40 a night thats $200 they project those nights could go for, if the Annual Fee is $450 take out that $200 its still $250.

This is just a survey though if you look it up they did several versions of this same survey for a Premium Hyatt Credit Card with Chase back in 2019, it never happened.

I feel like they could make some adjustments to the current World of Hyatt Card to make it more appealing beyond just the sign up bonus and Hyatt purchases.
kevino and dpb132 like this.
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 9:06 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Silver, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Posts: 9,590
Originally Posted by Matt4200
They sent these same surveys out in 2019 for a premium card.

I think the current card is just fine, dont want Hyatt to give away too much and devalue status like Hilton did

Thats just my thoughts.
This. Hyatt's more than reasonable award rates which have won me over. Some of the award rates for Hilton and Marriott are just ridiculous.
Repooc17 is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 9:26 pm
  #12  
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the air
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Posts: 8,354
Im hoping Hyatt doesnt go the route of Bonvoy and make its programme fundamentally less attractive for non-Americans unable to get the chosen premium card.
Stewie Mac likes this.
EuropeanPete is online now  
Old Sep 10, 23, 9:26 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Posts: 59
I received the survey as well.

The current card is fine. They can offer a premium version on top of it which includes a C1-7 cert (my wish list obviously!). When amalgamated with other perks, this could be a good value proposition for a $495-$650 fee card.
germatory is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 9:56 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: TUS
Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 518
Originally Posted by Matt4200
60 is already high as it is, its actually the perfect balance as its 2 entire months required.

Also, 10 EQNs isnt quite 20% of 60. On top of that they have given out 10 EQNs as a sign up bonus multiple times in the past, its not a huge leap. Figure someone does a 5 night mattress run at $40 a night thats $200 they project those nights could go for, if the Annual Fee is $450 take out that $200 its still $250.

This is just a survey though if you look it up they did several versions of this same survey for a Premium Hyatt Credit Card with Chase back in 2019, it never happened.

I feel like they could make some adjustments to the current World of Hyatt Card to make it more appealing beyond just the sign up bonus and Hyatt purchases.
IHG is 70 nights and Marriott 75 nights for their top tier status levels. I just think we are kidding ourselves if we assume an upward Hyatt adjustment isnt in the offing in the next couple of years.
dpb132 is offline  
Old Sep 10, 23, 10:00 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Silver, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Posts: 9,590
Originally Posted by dpb132
IHG is 70 nights and Marriott 75 nights for their top tier status levels. I just think we are kidding ourselves if we assume an upward Hyatt adjustment isnt in the offing in the next couple of years.
Marriott has a level above Tit (75 nights): Ambassador 100 nights + spend requirements
​​​​​
Repooc17 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.