Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Dream Hollywood REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dream Hollywood REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2024 | 8:17 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by kaiotes
Are there any safe but more reasonably priced parking garages in this area? The surrounding area felt shady when I stayed at the Tommie but I was on pts and used their free valet.
I've used SpotHero. Can't recall the prices but somewhere between $15-$22 currently.

There's an open lot a short walk around the corner at Wilcox. There's usually an attendant in a small booth at night.

For a more secure well-lit parking, there's the structure just behind the CNN building (6430 Sunset & Cahuenga, SW corner). But it's a poorly-lit 5min walk to/fr Dream.
kaiotes likes this.
Old May 12, 2024 | 10:44 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by WaterLilinyc
We showed up early (around 1pm) for our 2 reservations at Dream Hollywood. As a Globalist, I asked about suite upgrade, but was told they dont have any suite inventory. I even showed the FDA the availability on the app. Daniel went back to check with management and still denied there is any suite available. I hate being lied to so I was tempted to book another reservation for the suite and see what theyd do or say. Daniel insisted since they dont have the suite, they would cancel my reservation. Im curious, has anyone tried or know what the outcome of that would be? Arent we guaranteed the room type that we booked?
I also had to ask/beg for an upgrade. Had a Bronze room. No upgrade in advance. Was given a King Gold - even though the app showed a Platinum with Balcony available. (Aka a Premium Suite) - a Platinum without balcony is listed as standard suite.

I asked re upgrade after I was told room wasnt ready at 3pm said King Gold was then suddenly available.

not a good start and it didnt get much better from there.
Old May 12, 2024 | 11:59 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by Treyzian
Were having a negative, completely opposite experience to tfung so far. Im not sure if its a one off experience, but I wouldnt personally recommend this over Andaz, Tommie, or Thompson.

Globalist staying for 2 nights celebrating a special occasion and exploring LA. The front desk agent checking us in was offering us a suite upgrade when another person came over and interrupted. We were then told all standard suites were sold out, and the upgrade was to a silver room. Meanwhile, the hotel seems super empty and Gold/Platinum/Platinum with balcony/Studio Platinum/Guest House rooms are all available to book via app for our dates. P2 really doesnt like confrontation, and we didnt push it.

No mention of the special occasion, no welcome gifts.

Room is furnished and lit well, but it was not the most clean: bathroom glasses look used, and there was hair under the pillows.

Parking staff was nice, and were excited to try Beauty & Essex though.
this mirrors my experience. One night and my list of little things and missed opportunities for this hotel to surprise and delight is extensive. Seems like a lot of new guest experience/FDC staff and lack of management leadership to have everyone trained fully.

But the hard working facilities staff at the pool? They were great. Understood how to make people feel welcome in a space. Maybe put them in charge of this place.

Such a shame. Full comments soon.
Old May 13, 2024 | 1:09 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
I also had to ask/beg for an upgrade. Had a Bronze room. No upgrade in advance. Was given a King Gold - even though the app showed a Platinum with Balcony available. (Aka a “Premium Suite”) - a Platinum without balcony is listed as standard suite.

I asked re upgrade after I was told room wasn’t ready at 3pm… said King Gold was then suddenly available.

not a good start and it didn’t get much better from there.
My experiences so far at this hotel have been the opposite. Booked bronze room but upgraded to platinum suite upon check in as a Globalist. Though the platinum suite is just mid, like a std room with a wall in the middle between the tiny sitting area and bed, the walk-in shower was nice and large though.

Front desk couldn't have been more hospitable and helpful. Then again, my stays are generally on quieter weekdays as opposed to crowded weekends.

Have several nights booked between the Dream and Thompson hotels over the next few weeks, so I may report back with a different opinion later...hope not.
Old May 13, 2024 | 3:45 pm
10 Countries Visited100k20 Nights

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Originally Posted by suiteptravels
Front desk couldn't have been more hospitable and helpful. Then again, my stays are generally on quieter weekdays as opposed to crowded weekends.
I just had a stay here and I also had a pretty good experience. I arrived at 11pm and by that time I saw the only rooms available were bronze (which I booked) and silver, but they upgraded me in advance to a gold room, which was very spacious. This isnt a park hyatt and for what it is, they met all my expectations.

+1 to your point about weekday vs weekend, my stay had both and I enjoyed the weekdays way more. Just the breakfast experience alone is way better on a weekday. I couldnt even get in one day for breakfast due to the restaurant being full, which is laughable if youve been there on a weekday.

Im okay if other people dont like it here though, I gave it a shot because it was the cheapest for my dates (excluding tommie, but those rooms are too tiny) and Im glad I did. Id come back to stay here just because of the breakfast.

It is a little annoying that they arent integrated with the app though, I like being able to see my folio charges in advance and then check out in the app if everything looks good.
fotoflyer88 likes this.

Last edited by alphade; May 13, 2024 at 3:51 pm
Old May 13, 2024 | 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by alphade
I just had a stay here and I also had a pretty good experience. I arrived at 11pm and by that time I saw the only rooms available were bronze (which I booked) and silver, but they upgraded me in advance to a gold room, which was very spacious. This isn’t a park hyatt and for what it is, they met all my expectations.
I checked in late too (around 11pm) so maybe the current night crew is a bit more accommodating. Agree that weekday breakfasts are peaceful and enjoyable. I'd get up there at 7am when it opens and would be the only person dining there sometimes for much of the first hour. I just wish they'd open earlier so I could get ahead of LA traffic, but I understand the later opening for their nightlife guests.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old May 14, 2024 | 11:23 am

Originally Posted by alphade
I just had a stay here and I also had a pretty good experience. I arrived at 11pm and by that time I saw the only rooms available were bronze (which I booked) and silver, but they upgraded me in advance to a gold room, which was very spacious. This isnt a park hyatt and for what it is, they met all my expectations.

+1 to your point about weekday vs weekend, my stay had both and I enjoyed the weekdays way more. Just the breakfast experience alone is way better on a weekday. I couldnt even get in one day for breakfast due to the restaurant being full, which is laughable if youve been there on a weekday.

Im okay if other people dont like it here though, I gave it a shot because it was the cheapest for my dates (excluding tommie, but those rooms are too tiny) and Im glad I did. Id come back to stay here just because of the breakfast.

It is a little annoying that they arent integrated with the app though, I like being able to see my folio charges in advance and then check out in the app if everything looks good.
Same about the lack of app integration at the moment. Very strange though because last July app integration was smooth and viewing folio in app was normal.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old May 17, 2024 | 11:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium,Delta LT Sky Club,Hertz Presidential Circle
Stayed at the Dream Hollywood for 1 night this week. They e-mailed to folio to me after I checked out. I noticed they have a $42 Facility Fee added plus 16% Facility Fee Occupancy Tax ($6.72) added to the bill. As a Hyatt Globalist, shouldn't the hotel remove the Facility Fee?
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old May 17, 2024 | 11:41 pm
20 Years on Site

I made a prepaid booking and they took these out without my asking😊
Check what was charged to your cc. The reservation will still show these waived fees.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old May 27, 2024 | 11:57 pm
20 Years on Site

Booked a cash rate as it was more favorable than 25k pts. Major issues checking in as there's no place to temporarily park the car. Valet guy's super nice, (contracted) he drove around while I checked in and put my bags upstairs. Front desk .. had issues placing a temp charge on my Hyatt card. Swiped numerous times for some odd reason. Was not offered drinks. Only water. I had to ask to get it. They are serving this in place of the advertised wine and cheese hour. Place does have security after 12am or so where they check your room card for entry. That is a plus. My room was on the 7th floor but noise of surrounding areas can be heard. Breakfast was at the high light on the 10th floor. Supposed allowance was 1 entree and drink PP. Waiter was clueless. I went over it and during checkout the front desk informed me of the limit and wiped it clean.
This is an awesome place to be if you're hitting the clubs. I did check out a couple of the parking lots. one near CNN building $15 weekend rate, must exit before midnight. Paying via the phone incurred a minor surcharge. There's also a city lot 1627 Vine street but buyer beware! The sign states 10 flat rate between 6p and 6a, daily max of $13. I went in after 12am but they wanted to change me 10+ 13. No where does it state the new day starts at 6am. I entered on a Monday and left the same day. I should be charged the daily max $13. The lot does have round the clock security and manned exit. Both lots have ev chargers. CNN lot has double parking so if you needs a charge, Vine street is the place to go to. Check out plugshare for details.

Room wise. No coffee /tea machine but TONS of alcohol. Fully stock fridge w alcohol as well. There's an iPad by the bed. I initially couldn't find the toilet. It is very well hidden. Tons mirrors in the bathroom and bath doors.

There were also issues using the app to check in, out and to view the bill.

Foggy day but the Hollywood is visible from the restaurant

Highly recommended

Platinum King upgrade

fotoflyer88 and 4aks like this.
Old Jun 5, 2024 | 12:59 pm

Wrapped up my third stay in six weeks and came here to report back. As a Globalist, I received a suite upgrade all three times -- 1 plat suite, 2 corner studios. Couldn't have been happier with the front desk experience, especially from Bailyn who has to be one of the most welcoming, helpful hotel staff I've ever encountered. Bear in mind that all my stays have been during quiet weekdays instead of their bustling weekends.

Also stayed at the nearby Thompson twice and received a suite upgrade once, though their corner studio is more expansive than Dream's. Breakfast at both rooftops (Highlight at Dream and Terrace at Thompson) are very enjoyable and have very similar offerings, though the Huevos Rancheros and Shakshuka (lil spicy) are unique to each respectively.

The fitness room at the Dream is particularly note-worthy. The Versa Climber and ceiling-mount monkey bars are two items rarely found in hotel gyms as well as the two Theraguns.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2024 | 9:56 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Breakfast at both rooftops (Highlight at Dream and Terrace at Thompson) are very enjoyable and have very similar offerings, though the Huevos Rancheros and Shakshuka (lil spicy) are unique to each respectively.
Agree. Huevos Rancheros were pretty good.

Bear in mind that all my stays have been during quiet weekdays instead of their bustling weekends.
I don't think I'd come back here on a weekend.
Old Jun 6, 2024 | 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
[...]

But the hard working facilities staff at the pool? They were great. Understood how to make people feel welcome in a space. Maybe put them in charge of this place.
The pool bar and grill is actually run by Tao Group Hospitality rather than the hotel itself I believe, and yes, those folks were great.

Stayed here recently on a Hyatt Priv rate. All I got as a Room Upgrade was a minor bump from Bronze to Bronze with Balcony - on the other hand the lower 'Bronze' floors are further from the noise of the rooftop club on weekends so 'comme ci, comme a'.

On Checking out I did have to get the front desk to add the Priv $100 F & B Credit and Free Breakfast Credit though, and I now have to open a case with Hyatt because I've been credited with an Eligible Spend amount that is $300 less than even the pre-'taxes and fees' cost of the accomodation, before even taking into account any additional F & B spend.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2024 | 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by lswcih
Stayed at the Dream Hollywood for 1 night this week. They e-mailed to folio to me after I checked out. I noticed they have a $42 Facility Fee added plus 16% Facility Fee Occupancy Tax ($6.72) added to the bill. As a Hyatt Globalist, shouldn't the hotel remove the Facility Fee?
yes. Feel free to DM me for Managers info to contact directly.
Old Jun 6, 2024 | 10:55 pm

To Follow Up - I received an email response to my survey from a manager that was genuine and empathetic (Not AI). She also wanted to speak on the phone when I was available.

We spoke at length, she was proactive and concerned.

Things like website/app that say "wine and cheese hour" as part of the facility resort destination fee - still need to be fixed on Dreams website and Hyatt app. I'll give them some time for that fix, but will mention in a month if not fixed since others here have mentioned it.

I would give the hotel another chance, but I think if you hope for anything special - you should be proactive.

Any FT member is welcome to DM me for info if they have a special stay coming up. They know they need to improve service consistency especially for GLOBs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.