Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Dream Hollywood REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:57 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Creating a dedicated thread for Dream Hollywood now that the hotel's website has come up on the Hyatt directory.

Not participating in WOH yet, but should be soon.

khabah
Old May 17, 2023, 11:19 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Dream Hollywood is now participating in World of Hyatt as of today, May 17th. Category 6.

khabah
Old May 17, 2023, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by khabah
Dream Hollywood is now participating in World of Hyatt as of today, May 17th. Category 6.

khabah
Woah, I’ve expected a Cat. 5 to fill in between the Thompson and tommie. Not too sure what the brand would offer though, looks a bit like a stripped down W? It’s also not live on brand explorer yet.

Last edited by tailorgiven; May 17, 2023 at 12:05 pm
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Checking in today. Free breakfast?
Old Sep 16, 2023, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Just had an excellent stay here. For Globalists, breakfast is included at the rooftop restaurant. I asked if there was an amount, but was told that basically there isn't one, and that I just had to sign to the room and they will take care of it...Only ordered 2 items, so I didn't really test what the limit was.. lol

Was upgraded to their Guest House, which is their top suite...Beautiful room and well maintained.. Bed was comfortable, and everything was well appointed..

I would say the only downside is the noise and music coming from the rooftop bar/lounge until 2am. It was the weekend I guess and the room was right below, but the windows could have been a bit more soundproofed.....

Other that than, their guest experience manager Shelly was fantastic, and constantly checked in on me to see if they can do anything more to improve my stay..
Old Dec 9, 2023, 10:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Any thoughts on this vs. the Andaz WH?
Old Dec 26, 2023, 7:18 pm

We’re having a negative, completely opposite experience to tfung so far. I’m not sure if it’s a one off experience, but I wouldn’t personally recommend this over Andaz, Tommie, or Thompson.

Globalist staying for 2 nights celebrating a special occasion and exploring LA. The front desk agent checking us in was offering us a suite upgrade when another person came over and interrupted. We were then told all standard suites were sold out, and the upgrade was to a silver room. Meanwhile, the hotel seems super empty and Gold/Platinum/Platinum with balcony/Studio Platinum/Guest House rooms are all available to book via app for our dates. P2 really doesn’t like confrontation, and we didn’t push it.

No mention of the special occasion, no welcome gifts.

Room is furnished and lit well, but it was not the most clean: bathroom glasses look used, and there was hair under the pillows.

Parking staff was nice, and we’re excited to try Beauty & Essex though.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:57 pm

Stayed over new years eve for standard 25k points cost, was the most convenient location (needed to get to BUR in the morning for flight, dinner in Hollywood, concert at Walt Disney Hall) at that price.

Globalist, only got a silver room on the 5th floor, though it did appear the suites did get gradually sold out the last two days (unless they were taking inventory off), and we also had requested a quieter room, as we anticipated some bit of noise from the festivities which may have impacted that to be fair (mixed effect on that - room was pretty well insulated from the next-door and roof party noise until they greatly increased the volume after midnight - we did came with earplugs in case). Got a small bottle of wine as welcome amenity. Could not figure out how to operate the AC/heat at all, but default temperature was acceptable.
Valet parking is $60. Returning in the evening ~10PM they were absolutely slammed with people coming in for their rooftop event and next-door events and they had everyone pull around the block to keep the street clear until you were able to drive by with someone able to receive your car.
Breakfast opens at 8AM on the roof, standard globalist allowance. Had the largest pancakes I've yet seen, and some fairly tasty cold oats with fruit. Base price of most options ~$24, high ~$30, low ~$19.
Spoiler

Haven't done so yet, but I'll need to contact them to bug them about not taking the parking ($60) off the final bill (which was emailed a day after)

Last edited by rewqion; Jan 5, 2024 at 10:08 pm
Old Jan 15, 2024, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt glob, KLM/AirFrance plat
Just completed 4-night stay here. Decided to pay with cash (using double points rate) then applied a SUA. Got into what they call "Platinum suite." Here are my impressions.

In a word, this is the right hotel if you want to party. Two things make this very obvious. The room is full of full-height mirrors (actually, there were no less than four of them), and every room has a steamer by default. (In other hotels, even including Park Hyatts, we had to request it, and many lower-tire hotels don't have them at all.)

But might be not the right hotel if you want a quiet stay for work or just rest. For example, by default the room was lacking a coffee maker. This is something I was taking for granted even in the cheapest HP/HH. (Of course, a PH will have a very different coffee maker from what one would find in a HP, but all of them have it one way or another.) I did ask about that in advance, and the hotel staff was nice enough to bring a Keurig coffee maker to my room prior to check in, and I truly appreciate the effort. But their capsules were mediocre at best, and they didn't have any decaf options at all. I also requested a tea kettle and a few tea bags. When we checked in, the kettle was there, but not the coffee bags. So, I had to request the bags separately, and it took them quite some time to find some, and eventually they brough in the (perhaps) the cheapest tea bags they could find. Again, I appreciate the effort, and have zero complains about the staff. But I would have expected slightly better from a hotel that charges $300+ per night before taxes.

The suite was tidy, but it still left a bit more to desire. Especially after the posh lobby I perhaps expected something fancier. In reality the room was pretty small and basic. For example, the restroom and the shower were of decent size, but there were no shelves in them (and pretty much nowhere in the room), and no tub. Sufficient to say that you'll have difficulties sneaking out from the shower if your partner is there washing their hands, doing makeup or drying their hair.

Our suite was on the 6th floor (out of 10, if you count the rooftop), had very unimpressive views, and the condition deserved better. For example, one of the sinks was clogged, and took forever to drain. Even after I complained to the front desk about it, and they promised to send someone to fix, it did not visually improve much. The bathroom door had difficulties to stay in the open position. And the door handle was a bit off. The furniture in the room is clearly aging. The AC worked fine, but at times made rattling noises. Wi-Fi is reliable but not very fast. There are enough wall outlets but they're located far from the table, where you would normally want to plug a laptop to charging. The table itself is fine for having a bite or writing a quick email, but it's not comfortable for doing any serious work. Not a stupid coffee table you'd find in some other hotels' suites though. So, yay that.

The bed was pretty good. Decent size, not too firm, not too soft for me. (Which probably means it might be a tiny bit too firm for most people.)

Breakfast is from 8 to 11 (remember, you came here to party) every day, which is quite nice. The menu is pretty basic, and the service is very slow. But you can show up at 10:55 and get seated no questions asked. And all charges, including gratitude, will vanish from your bill if you're a Globalist. Unfortunately, you cannot use the free Globalist breakfast benefit for brunch which starts at 11 on weekends—something other hotels tend to be fine with (if brunch is being offered there.)

Hotel location is great, if you came here to party. Plenty of nightlife options around, including clubs and theaters. Hollywood walk of fame is within one block. But the location is not as great if you're looking for shopping or fine dining, or basically anything else than partying. If you're looking for the famous Hollywood sign in the hills, you can only see it from the rooftop terrace, but not from any room as far as I can tell. (It's obstructed by the nearby office building.)

As others mentioned, there's plenty of noise in the evenings from the nearby clubs. And the rooftop pool is not heated, and it's only 3 ft deep. Why? You guessed it, because you came here to party. And I bet that pool looks sick in your TikToks or Instagram stories. Cabanas require reservation with food and beverage credit, but regular chairs are first come first serve.

Besides the rooftop bar, there are two restaurants adjusted to the building which seem to be operated by the same company as the hotel. But nevertheless, you cannot put dinner to the room (and therefore earn Hyatt points). And the food was not impressive, at least in the one we tried out (Beauty & Essex, which is a weird name if you asked me, but hey, no judgement.)

The minbar looked very decent, although we had not tired anything from there. The gym had free energy drinks, until they ran out. We also received a bottle of wine from the hotel as a compliment. There's a farmer market next block on Sundays, with ton of great fresh food.

If you're looking for coffee, there are two semi-decent options. First, they serve drip coffee for free in the lobby until 11. And second, there's a coffee shop named "Intilligentsia" just one and half blocks away from the hotel. They're actually not bad.

Delivery robots is a gimmick of course but they're funny, at least for the first couple times. Although there's nothing special, it's just one of the mechanisms the room service works. And sometimes they're not there, so your stuff is delivered by normal people. And I'm not impressed by their room service either. For instance, one day the housekeeping removed the bathrobes and did not replace them. I ordered them by phone, explicitly asking for two. And after half an hour wait, they only brought one.

Last edited by pronichkin; Jan 15, 2024 at 7:49 pm
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt glob, KLM/AirFrance plat
Small update regarding my past stay (review in the previous post.) After the stay showed up in “recent activity” in my WoH profile, I figured that the amount of points awarded was wrong. I contacted the hotel over email but has not received a response. I then contacted WoH support deck on Twitter, and they got it sorted out within minutes. So, always check your past activity!
Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:02 am

Programs: United Member, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Globalist Suite Upgrade

We showed up early (around 1pm) for our 2 reservations at Dream Hollywood. As a Globalist, I asked about suite upgrade, but was told they don’t have any suite inventory. I even showed the FDA the availability on the app. Daniel went back to check with management and still denied there is any suite available. I hate being lied to so I was tempted to book another reservation for the suite and see what they’d do or say. Daniel insisted since they don’t have the suite, they would cancel my reservation. I’m curious, has anyone tried or know what the outcome of that would be? Aren’t we guaranteed the room type that we booked?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by WaterLilinyc
We showed up early (around 1pm) for our 2 reservations at Dream Hollywood. As a Globalist, I asked about suite upgrade, but was told they don’t have any suite inventory. I even showed the FDA the availability on the app. Daniel went back to check with management and still denied there is any suite available. I hate being lied to so I was tempted to book another reservation for the suite and see what they’d do or say. Daniel insisted since they don’t have the suite, they would cancel my reservation. I’m curious, has anyone tried or know what the outcome of that would be? Aren’t we guaranteed the room type that we booked?
They could walk you, I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.