Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Advice requested on Hyatt trip to FL in early March 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Have lots of Chase points to burn. Doing three nights/ four days in Key West but want to extend maybe three nights elsewhere. Have been to Mia and FLL often so ruling those out. Love arts, food and cocktails and a little beach time, would overnight Tuesday probably in Miami airport hotel en route to another place Wed-Sat . Looking for nonstops from there to destination and ideally back to DFW.

Was initially thinking Grand Hyatt Baha Mar but worried will be way too many children and people. Then was thinking Shore Club T and C but supposedly kind of blah reviews. Hyatt Place Palm Beach then came next to my mind. No points available in Aruba.

Thoughts amongst these options or others? Tampa/St Pete? San Juan? Ideally no Mexico.

Thank you!
Old Sep 18, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Re: Tampa/St Pete - no personal experience with the Hyatt Residence Club but Siesta Key is great. Though March may have a lot of kids and people there too (may be an issue anywhere warm - but a lot of spring breaks should be towards end of
March/ early April next year so maybe you’d be ok).

Do you need the second beach on property and warm? Or could it be a day trip and walking/sit for a while experience. Thompson Savannah could fit the art/food/drink ask for a few days with a day out to Tybee Island + non-stop back to DFW.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 12:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joetro
Have lots of Chase points to burn. Doing three nights/ four days in Key West but want to extend maybe three nights elsewhere. Have been to Mia and FLL often so ruling those out. Love arts, food and cocktails and a little beach time, would overnight Tuesday probably in Miami airport hotel en route to another place Wed-Sat . Looking for nonstops from there to destination and ideally back to DFW.

Was initially thinking Grand Hyatt Baha Mar but worried will be way too many children and people. Then was thinking Shore Club T and C but supposedly kind of blah reviews. Hyatt Place Palm Beach then came next to my mind. No points available in Aruba.

Thoughts amongst these options or others? Tampa/St Pete? San Juan? Ideally no Mexico.

Thank you!
A lot depends - Do you have status? Do you have TSU’s? Are your dates peak/off peak/standard? Is there something specific you’re hoping to do on the trip?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Spring break (college) crowds start to get heavy in early March, so watch out for hotels and places that will be rowdy unless that's what you're seeking.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Just lowest level status. Have been to Charleston and Savannah already but not Hilton head (but no Hyatts there). Doesn’t have to be on beach but would like to be near water since we don’t get that in Dallas. Honestly I can’t do multiple days on beach and an more a museum and restaurant person, Nassau seemed to be a balance but not sure of safety or the enormity of Baha Mar,
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:16 am

HP St Pete is a nice newish urban hotel. Walk to lots of good restaurants, markets, the Dali museum, etc. Would need to drive/uber to the beach.
HR Coconut Pointe gets a lot of love. Never been but could be a place you want to look into. Large resort with its own private island off the coast.
HR Clearwater should be a nice property in a nice area...I've never stayed but do enjoy that area as far as beach locations go.
HP Panama City is brand new and has gotten good reviews. Right on the beach, PC has decent food offerings.
HR Grand Reserve Puerto Rico. Really lovely property, but very isolated and the F&B is expensive!!! So if you want to explore other parts of the island and/or don't want to spend a ton on food, then you'll need a rental car. As for safety/security...it's pretty decent but there will be a slightly higher degree of discomfort and unfamiliarity than compared to the Bahamas or within the continental US.
HP St Augustine is also brand new. It's along a decently nice beach and a few miles from historic downtown St Augustine which is absolutely worth a visit. A bit far from Miami and I think in your case it would be much nicer if it was in DT St A rather than at the beach, but still worth consideration.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:21 pm

Tampa has some direct flights to DFW. You could do a night in Naples for dining and museums. HR Coconut Pointe isn't much farther north (hopefully that would be a weekday as way less children). The water park/lazy river part of the hotel can get hectic (especially on weekends/summer break) but the boat ride to the private island is usually peaceful. Then could head up to St Pete which has a few museums before driving over the bridge to TPA.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the feedback. Thinking between West Palm Beach, St Pete/Tampa and Baha Mar. What is the Grand Hyatt and Baha Mar really like?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:08 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
HP St Pete is a nice newish urban hotel. Walk to lots of good restaurants, markets, the Dali museum, etc. Would need to drive/uber to the beach.
There is a new round-the-clock "high speed" bus line in dedicated lanes (as a local, I'm not too happy about the loss of thousands of parking spots) that will run from within a block of the HP St Pete to the beach. I'm a big fan of this property, and it is right next door to the James Museum of Western Art, another excellent addition to the arts scene.

https://www.psta.net/about-psta/projects/sunrunner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.