Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to tier status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

New to tier status

This might be a stupid question so thanks for all your patience with me…I saw this message in my app: “You’re on your way to Globalist through February, 2024.” Does this mean I have until February 2024 to work on getting to the globalist tier/status? I chatted with a Hyatt staff and he told me no. He said I have until end of this year to get to whatever tier I’m trying to get.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:11 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
The agent is correct. You have until Dec 31 2022 to achieve Globalist. If you do achieve it, you retain the benefits through Feb 2024.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Next question: qualified stay

Originally Posted by hp12c
The agent is correct. You have until Dec 31 2022 to achieve Globalist. If you do achieve it, you retain the benefits through Feb 2024.
Thank you for the clarification! If I use my free night or use “points” to book the room, does that count as “qualified stay”?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:52 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by princesstamago
Thank you for the clarification! If I use my free night or use “points” to book the room, does that count as “qualified stay”?
yes
princesstamago likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Pretty late to make meaningful progress towards status at this point (unless you're registered for specific promos, etc.). Best try again at beginning of next year and get it until Feb 2025.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
Pretty late to make meaningful progress towards status at this point (unless you're registered for specific promos, etc.). Best try again at beginning of next year and get it until Feb 2025.
But if I try again at the beginning of next year, don’t I start from zero? I’m currently 7 nights away.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
But if I try again at the beginning of next year, don’t I start from zero? I’m currently 7 nights away.
Ah, my apologies - didn't know you were that close. Yes you're right, you start from 0 every year. So if you're close to Globalist (60 night requirement), go for it.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Ah, my apologies - didn't know you were that close. Yes you're right, you start from 0 every year. So if you're close to Globalist (60 night requirement), go for it.
No, no, no need to apologized. As I mentioned, I’m new to this, so any help and info is much appreciated!
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:40 am

If I wait until beginning of next year to start going for globalist and lets say by March 2023 I hit globalist. Will I have globalist for the rest of 2023 as well? So globalist for march 2023-feb 2015? Or will it only begin to kick in beginning of 2024?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
The instant you hit Globalist, you'll have Globalist from that moment until it expires. There's no waiting until the following year or anything like that.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
The instant you hit Globalist, you'll have Globalist from that moment until it expires. There's no waiting until the following year or anything like that.
I see. So if I reach 60 nights by end of November 2022, my globalist status will start right away, and then stay as globalist for 2023?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:33 am

I see. So if I reach 60 nights by end of November 2022, my globalist status will start right away, and then stay as globalist for 2023?
Yes, you basically get your status for however much time you have left in the year that you earned it plus 14 months.
princesstamago likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:18 pm

So maybe it'll be better for me to wait 2 more months before starting my vacations that way I can get Globalist until February 2025
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:25 pm

I am just going to say who ever authorized the payment by Hyatt to switch from simple elite names like Gold, Platinum, and Diamond to the stupid elite names like Globalist should be fired and investigated for taking a bribe. Because that is the only way I think a great elite loyalty program could get so messed up is by someone taking a bribe.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
So maybe it'll be better for me to wait 2 more months before starting my vacations that way I can get Globalist until February 2025
I have been Diamond/Globalist for most of the last 20+ years. Now that that I am semi-retired and have zero business travel I doubt I will requalify for 2023. But it has been a blessing and I will miss it.

While you can waste too much money chasing Globalist if the only reason is just to have it; I'm suggesting you are close enough it is worth effort and some money now.

With that in mind, and just needing seven more nights with three months to get there, I would seriously urge you to seize the opportunity. Book all your organic stays with Hyatt, even if not the closest or best hotel. If that is not enough nights, look for cheap nearby mattress run nights (weekends in November and December can be inexpensive, and I've gotten holiday nights for very reduced prices). Treat yourself to not commuting home sometime.

I'm not telling you suite upgrades will magically appear if you are Globalist (they are few and far between unless you are a regular at the particular hotel--but sometimes happen). But if you frequent Hyatts with clubs, they are worth it by themselves. If no club you still get some breakfast, maybe more, food benefits. Late checkout is worth it almost by itself. Does you lots of good at some resorts.
JoeWoodstock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.