Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place New Taipei City Xinzhuang (Taiwan) [MASTER THREAD]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Looks like another option starting September 16, 2022. Category 2.

Not exactly the best location for touristy stuff but 650m to the nearest MRT (New Taipei Industrial Park) station (which also appears to be a stop on the Airport Line)

Address
No. 79, Section 3, New Taipei Blvd., Xinzhuang District
New Taipei City, Taiwan, 242032

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ta...inzhuang/tpezn
lsquare and projectmaximus like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by myperks
Looks like another option starting September 16, 2022. Category 2.

Not exactly the best location for touristy stuff but 650m to the nearest MRT (New Taipei Industrial Park) station (which also appears to be a stop on the Airport Line)

Address
No. 79, Section 3, New Taipei Blvd., Xinzhuang District
New Taipei City, Taiwan, 242032

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ta...inzhuang/tpezn
I just checked the pricing and it seems affordable, but 650m from the closest MRT station isn't very pleasant, especially during the summer!
Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:38 pm

I'll be there on the opening day. It is weird how their Facebook page for the hotel hasn't been updated in a month and several posts related to the opening have been deleted. Kind of reminds me of the debacle of Marriott in Kaohsiung about 2 years ago.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I just checked the pricing and it seems affordable, but 650m from the closest MRT station isn't very pleasant, especially during the summer!
Still, might be quite quick to get from the Airport to the hotel, since New Taipei Industrial Park Station (A3) is one on the Express Line of the MRT. From Terminal 1 (A12 Station), you would be stopping at A8 and then A3 only.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:37 pm

Hmm, can't find a reason to use this hotel but still glad to have it as part of the ecosystem.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yorkcec
I'll be there on the opening day. It is weird how their Facebook page for the hotel hasn't been updated in a month and several posts related to the opening have been deleted. Kind of reminds me of the debacle of Marriott in Kaohsiung about 2 years ago.
What do you mean?
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Still, might be quite quick to get from the Airport to the hotel, since New Taipei Industrial Park Station (A3) is one on the Express Line of the MRT. From Terminal 1 (A12 Station), you would be stopping at A8 and then A3 only.
When I'm pressed for time, I pick a hotel near Taipei Main Station and I find that to be convenient as well. It's also in the city and I can enjoy the surroundings.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:35 pm

What do you mean?
1-2 days before the Marriott in KH officially opened, it was changed to another hotel name at the last minute. The Marriott logo at the top of the hotel was covered and the various logos on the ground floor and in the lobby and in the rooms were all removed including the coffee mugs. Apparently, the actual hotel owner had a dispute with Marriott, I guess regarding the unfinished nature of the hotel. It was very much still a construction site on some of the floors. However, I had a decent stay and very good food and Marriott gave me the night for free.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1-2 days before the Marriott in KH officially opened, it was changed to another hotel name at the last minute. The Marriott logo at the top of the hotel was covered and the various logos on the ground floor and in the lobby and in the rooms were all removed including the coffee mugs. Apparently, the actual hotel owner had a dispute with Marriott, I guess regarding the unfinished nature of the hotel. It was very much still a construction site on some of the floors. However, I had a decent stay and very good food and Marriott gave me the night for free.
Wow...is that hotel still a Marriott? Is the dispute settled now?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:17 am

Wow...is that hotel still a Marriott? Is the dispute settled now?
Yes, the hotel re-opened 2 months later or so as an official Marriott. I went there again and have a good time. The mall nearby is all finished and quite good.

As for the Hyatt today, it was a complete mess. I went early around 12:30pm and tried to drop off my luggage as I was going to have lunch nearby first. I had to wait about 10 minutes before someone helped me. I came back around 2pm and tried to check in early and was told that my room was not ready. I remained in the lobby and saw people slowly try to line up. At 2:46pm, I went in the line with only about 4 people ahead of me. I was eventually checked in at around 3:35pm and only because I did an initial check in previously. If not, I might have to have waited a lot longer. The lines in total had about 25 people waiting with each person apparently taking 30 mins to check in.

Apparently their computers were missing peoples' bookings and one unfortunate guy got his keycard and went to his room and only to find that someone else was already occupying his room. He went downstairs and told management about this.

Room wise, it is nice. I got the corner room with 2 very large and bright windows. The windows are electronically controlled via a switch but each of the windows is not independent of each other, which means if you want the blinds to close, you got to have both window blinds close at the same time. Can't have one open and one closed. Huge flaw. TV is an LG TV with no connection to my iOS device, but Android and Windows PCs are ok.

Swimming pool was closed. Gym was open but I didn't go. Had a free drink voucher at their new restaurant which is a 3rd party restaurant (and noted many times by Hyatt about this). It was good. Breakfast buffet was also good and free for me because of the opening package. Service was good at the restaurant.

When I made the initial booking, the Hyatt Facebook website mentioned something about a cooperation between the nearby shopping mall and giving the first 500 guests a 1500 coupon voucher. That post along with others were all deleted before the opening. I asked the check in guy about it and he was clueless about it.

The lobby is very nice and nice decorations with plenty of seating. Outside the hotel looks very, very plain. You can pass by the place without even knowing you are at a hotel. Needs two trees by each side of the door and some fancy rock decorations or something. Parking is easy.
lsquare and Cometstar like this.

Last edited by yorkcec; Sep 17, 2022 at 1:25 am
Old Mar 3, 2023, 4:12 pm

Swimming pool was closed. Gym was open but I didn't go. Had a free drink voucher at their new restaurant which is a 3rd party restaurant (and noted many times by Hyatt about this). It was good. Breakfast buffet was also good and free for me because of the opening package. Service was good at the restaurant.
I saw this and while I originally wanted to the GH Taipei, having the points pretty much be half the cost and be relatively close to a metro station, makes it an intriguing option. However, based on what I can tell from the website and from your comment above, is it true that even though it is a HP, they don't have the standard free breakfast as part of the stay?
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
I saw this and while I originally wanted to the GH Taipei, having the points pretty much be half the cost and be relatively close to a metro station, makes it an intriguing option. However, based on what I can tell from the website and from your comment above, is it true that even though it is a HP, they don't have the standard free breakfast as part of the stay?
I am actually checking in tonight for one night. Will report back later.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 7:02 am

Stayed at the Hyatt Place New Taipei Xinzhuang this past weekend.

My flight arrived TPE at 19:00, and I was already past Immigration and out into the Arrivals Hall of T1 by 19:20. I intended to take the Metro from T1 to the hotel. There was a Commuter train which would leave at 19:37, but I decided to wait for the Express train leaving at 19:43. From Station A12, the train only stopped at A8 and then A3. Arriving at Station A3 at 20:09, it was a 9-min walk to the hotel, and I was checked in, and in room by 20:25. From the Station, it is quite an easy walk to the hotel. All on flat road, and well paved, so the walk would have been ok if will luggage.

As a Globalist, I was upgraded to from the basic King room to the Deluxe room. The photos on hyatt.com are very representative of the actual room, so I will not post any room photos here. The room is very spacious and clean. My only gripe is that water pressure in the shower was not adequate. I was given 4:00pm late checkout proactively, without my asking. I was also presented with Breakfast voucher and Drink voucher. I used that Drink voucher that evening; had to order from a basic menu of soft drinks, juices, coffee/tea, or local Taiwan beer.

I did visit the fitness centre the next morning. The treadmills are state-of-the-art. Did not use the other fitness machines.

Breakfast was the highlight of the stay. It is very good quality for a Hyatt Place. A lot of choices, many of which were healthy options. You should try the lychee & rose bread.

Photos of the restaurant/bar are below. The Doricious restaurant has a bar area, a lounge area, and then the main dining room.

iluvdoco and wilywombat like this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 7:04 am

And, here are some photos of the F&B of the buffet.

kevino, lsquare, iluvdoco and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:34 am

Great report! Is this a layover for you and heading back to the airport the next morning? 1 hour 25 minutes from touchdown to in your hotel room is impressive. I know it's a new (or newly remodeled) property but that certainly does not look like any Hyatt Place in the US Really fancy vibe.

I'll keep it in mind for mattress runs if we ever feel like checking out that part of New Taipei City. The google reviews are quite horrid though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.