Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place New Taipei City Xinzhuang (Taiwan) [MASTER THREAD]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place New Taipei City Xinzhuang (Taiwan) [MASTER THREAD]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:03 am

Might be the nicest Hyatt Place I've seen! How's the breakfast?
Old Dec 20, 2023, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Have you been to the mall? If so, what is it like?
Nope, I've never been to that neighborhood.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I've been to Taipei before. I was thinking of just visiting the malls and the night market. I wanna eat!
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
I am wholly unfamiliar with Xinzhuang but I'm pretty sure there's a mall next to the hotel and a couple night markets not too far away. (Sanhe and Xinzhuang Night markets are both about 15 min away)

If you specifically want Raohe then Grand Hyatt is obviously more convenient. Shilin is kind of a tossup. Linjiang is my neighborhood market and it's also the closest one to Grand Hyatt.

Again I think it comes down to if you want something specific or not. If not then HP can be fine.
IIRC there is like a metro stop right at the Shilin night market, so if one is happy to take the train places, then HP should be fine with the 10 minute walk to the station?
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
IIRC there is like a metro stop right at the Shilin night market
There is. But it's about the same from Grand Hyatt as well hence my "tossup" declaration.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:03 am

There is. But it's about the same from Grand Hyatt as well hence my "tossup" declaration.
Oh yeah, just trying to provide a viewpoint on the convenience specifically for HP on getting to what he wanted to go. But definitely GH is way more convenient relatively speaking.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:36 am

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Walk from MRT to the HP at night

Hi, I read through the thread and saw differing opinions about the walking distance between the New Taipei Industrial Park station and the Hyatt Place. The distance doesn't bother me.

As a solo, female traveler, my concern is about walking from the MRT station to the Hyatt Place late at night. I'm looking at a couple of flights that land at TPE around 9:15 to 10:00 pm. So, with a checked bag and taking the airport train, I'm anticipating I would be walking to the hotel around 10:45 pm to 11:30 pm. I realize that Taiwan generally is safe in terms of crime, but I wondered if the route is well-lit and if there would be much vehicle or foot traffic at that time.

I'm considering a few other options, including the Hotel Eclat. In this case, I'd need to walk to the stop for a bus from the Taipei main station and try to figure out the right stop to get off the bus. That seems more challenging than doing a relatively straightforward walk to get to the Hyatt Place.

I would appreciate any thoughts on these options!
Old Jan 18, 2024, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by needtoescape
Hi, I read through the thread and saw differing opinions about the walking distance between the New Taipei Industrial Park station and the Hyatt Place. The distance doesn't bother me.

As a solo, female traveler, my concern is about walking from the MRT station to the Hyatt Place late at night. I'm looking at a couple of flights that land at TPE around 9:15 to 10:00 pm. So, with a checked bag and taking the airport train, I'm anticipating I would be walking to the hotel around 10:45 pm to 11:30 pm. I realize that Taiwan generally is safe in terms of crime, but I wondered if the route is well-lit and if there would be much vehicle or foot traffic at that time.

I'm considering a few other options, including the Hotel Eclat. In this case, I'd need to walk to the stop for a bus from the Taipei main station and try to figure out the right stop to get off the bus. That seems more challenging than doing a relatively straightforward walk to get to the Hyatt Place.

There is only 1 sidewalk leading from the station to the hotel and it's quite narrow in the last half, gong past some car dealers and an empty lot.
The area will be very empty at night, as it's almost all residential buildings with hardly any shops or restaurants whatsoever.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jan 19, 2024 at 1:54 am
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:57 pm

No issues with walking alone at night in Taipei. Its a very safe city. While there won't be much foot traffic the 10 minute walk will not be an issue.
Hotel Eclat area is nicer, but the hotel itself leaves a lot to be desired and I would not return there. You can also transfer metro lines at Taipei main station for Eclat but its a bit of a pain.
lsquare and hsumh316 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:30 pm

Eclat is 600 meters from Da'an station on the red line. Would be a pretty comfortable walk (large sidewalk) You can take the red line from Taipei Main Station. I'm not exactly sure what olouie means by "a pain" but it's more or less like any other major transfer hub (I guess they probably mean pain as in a bit of a walk...but should be under 10 minutes)

Not sure about the hotel quality though.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
There is only 1 sidewalk leading from the station to the hotel and it's quite narrow in the last half, gong past some car dealers and an empty lot.
The area will be very empty at night, as it's almost all residential buildings with hardly any shops or restaurants whatsoever.
Originally Posted by olouie
No issues with walking alone at night in Taipei. Its a very safe city. While there won't be much foot traffic the 10 minute walk will not be an issue.
Hotel Eclat area is nicer, but the hotel itself leaves a lot to be desired and I would not return there. You can also transfer metro lines at Taipei main station for Eclat but its a bit of a pain.
Eclat is 600 meters from Da'an station on the red line. Would be a pretty comfortable walk (large sidewalk) You can take the red line from Taipei Main Station. I'm not exactly sure what olouie means by "a pain" but it's more or less like any other major transfer hub (I guess they probably mean pain as in a bit of a walk...but should be under 10 minutes)

Not sure about the hotel quality though.
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I'm still not sure which hotel makes the most sense for me. I have a late flight the next night, so I plan to spend the day in Taipei. Hotel Eclat would be more convenient for that, but longer travel time and an additional mode of transportation to Hotel Eclat offsets that. Also, I read mixed reviews here and other places about the Hotel Eclat.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 2:30 pm

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I'm still not sure which hotel makes the most sense for me. I have a late flight the next night, so I plan to spend the day in Taipei. Hotel Eclat would be more convenient for that, but longer travel time and an additional mode of transportation to Hotel Eclat offsets that. Also, I read mixed reviews here and other places about the Hotel Eclat.
For a single night, it will depend on what you want to do and when your flight out is. The Hyatt Place is pretty far away from the touristy things in Taipei so if you want to do those I would recommend Eclat or a non-Hyatt hotel near Taipei main station. Just makes your travel easier with check in luggage etc and easier to get to/from the airport. The transfer from airport express to red lines takes around 10 minutes without much luggage at Taipei main station and it can be confusing coming out of the last stop by Eclat then you add a 5-10 minute walk to the hotel. Not hard, but if you luggage is big you will want to take that into account. For one night the Eclat is fine, its not great but if the price is right its fine for a place to sleep (make sure you aren't sensitive to smoke smell).

The hyatt place is a pretty nice property just not super great location for most tourists since its a 5-10 minute walk to transit then 20 mins to taipie main station and maybe 40 mins + to taipei 101 area
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by olouie
For a single night, it will depend on what you want to do and when your flight out is. The Hyatt Place is pretty far away from the touristy things in Taipei so if you want to do those I would recommend Eclat or a non-Hyatt hotel near Taipei main station. Just makes your travel easier with check in luggage etc and easier to get to/from the airport. The transfer from airport express to red lines takes around 10 minutes without much luggage at Taipei main station and it can be confusing coming out of the last stop by Eclat then you add a 5-10 minute walk to the hotel. Not hard, but if you luggage is big you will want to take that into account. For one night the Eclat is fine, its not great but if the price is right its fine for a place to sleep (make sure you aren't sensitive to smoke smell).

The hyatt place is a pretty nice property just not super great location for most tourists since its a 5-10 minute walk to transit then 20 mins to taipie main station and maybe 40 mins + to taipei 101 area
Thanks again!

I plan to get back to the airport the next day around 8 pm, and I don't have a concrete plan for what I want to see/do in Taipei. I've been there one other time on a long daytime/evening layover and visited Taipei 101, a night market, and a couple of other top tourist attractions, so I don't need to repeat those things.

TBH, I prefer a new, purpose built Hyatt Place to a rundown older hotel, and being in a room that smells like smoke would be an issue for me, even for one night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.