Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Elite Tier Trial Question Work For MGM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

This is the trial that I'm referring to: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-offer.html

If I book through MGM website and ask them to add my Hyatt membership number at check in, will it start the 90 day trial? Or do I have to book through Hyatt? Rates are cheaper on MGM website which is why I'm asking. Per the terms the status starts after first checkout date. Thanks all!

Also side question, has anyone tried doing status match with trial Explorist to MGM gold?
Thanks so much for your help!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The trial will provide the member with the benefits of Explorist status, as set forth in the World of Hyatt program terms, provided that the member will not receive any Club Lounge Access Awards (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) or be eligible to tier match into Gold status with M life Rewards, the loyalty program of MGM Resorts International, as part of the trial.To maintain Explorist status through February 2024, member must complete at least ten (10) Tier-Qualifying Nights (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) at any participating Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide, participating M life Rewards destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) hotels, or Lindblad Expeditions during his or her Explorist Trial Period.
Reading the T&Cs of the Trial would give you all of the answers you need...

If you want to know how to pick up elite qualifying nights by booking via MLife, you can read the thread...

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Reading the T&Cs of the Trial would give you all of the answers you need...

If you want to know how to pick up elite qualifying nights by booking via MLife, you can read the thread...

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Thanks but what I'm most curious about is whether booking a stay via MGM website will trigger the start of the 90 day trial at checkout. The trial doesn't start until first night stayed unfortunately.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrcaptain
Thanks but what I'm most curious about is whether booking a stay via MGM website will trigger the start of the 90 day trial at checkout. The trial doesn't start until first night stayed unfortunately.
The trial starts when your first elite qualifying night hits your account.

You can book via MLife and earn elite qualifying nights. They sometimes take awhile to post, though. And/or need to be chased with MLife.

So, if you are planning to start your trial in Vegas, but then stay a bunch of nights at a Hyatt, you might find that the Hyatt nights hit your account first and therefore the MLife nights would end up being "before" your trial started.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
If I was on a trial with a clock running I would avoid the MGM properties totally. It’s not unusual for those hotels to take a month to post and often require multiple calls and longer than a month. At the very least I’d book using the Hyatt site.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by wrldwide1
If I was on a trial with a clock running I would avoid the MGM properties totally. It’s not unusual for those hotels to take a month to post and often require multiple calls and longer than a month. At the very least I’d book using the Hyatt site.
It has never needed often require multiple calls and longer than a month to post for any of my MGM stays, and this year's alone I had already had 30 nights at MGM, my stays include Excalibur, Luxor, Mandalay bay, Delano, mgm grand, NYNY, Bellagio, and Mirage, usually take about a week to show up at Hyatt, about two weeks to show up on AA as Hyatt dural accrual.
If you book MGM properties thru Hyatt, first you won't get any MGM member rate, second you are at risk not getting resort fee waived as MGM gold

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 4, 2022 at 8:56 pm
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrldwide1
Booking through Hyatt doesn't give you any advantage on the stay posting promptly to WoH.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Hey I just signed up yesterday, how do I know I have the explorist trial? still doesnt officially show on my hyatt member page.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by askyamaz
Hey I just signed up yesterday, how do I know I have the explorist trial? still doesnt officially show on my hyatt member page.
You don't get it until you first checkout. You'll see it a few days after checking out for the first time.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Originally Posted by mrcaptain
You don't get it until you first checkout. You'll see it a few days after checking out for the first time.
that's too bad.. wonder why they did it that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.