Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

I couldn't find a thread on this new Centric. Has anyone stayed? Impressions?

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/california/hyatt-centric-downtown-sacramento/smfct
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I went there during Oct last year when it was just opened. Overall it's a very beautiful boutique hotel. I really liked the hotel decor. The service was good, though it was clear that some staff were pretty new and lacked some experience (both check-in and check-out took > 15 mins). The location was perfect if you would like to explore downtown Sacramento (which is within 10 mins of all the top attractions of Sacramento). Feel free to check out my video to get more details.

Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, United Silver, American Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
I completed a one night stay this past weekend. Overall a disappointing stay and not great service. I would not stay here again.

Pros: The location is fantastic and hotel is in good shape. Great lobby and bar (where restaurant is located too) on first floor. Upgraded to a Deluxe upon check-in. Good food for breakfast.

Cons: There is a rooftop bar located on the sixth floor. This is where the stay went downhill - our room on the seventh floor (720 but this applies to any rooms in that wing and I assume on the fifth floor) was right above the bar. We were not told in advance we would be above the bar nor were we told there would be very loud music until well past midnight. I think what makes matters worse is that I requested a "quiet" room in the app when I booked the reservation (not sure if this got lost when we got the upgrade from standard king to the deluxe). When I called the front desk at 12:15 a.m. the staff member was surprised I was hearing music - I reminded him that yes we are in 720 and right above the bar. I asked that the music be dealt with asap and he responded well call back in 10 minutes if there is still an issue but he would try to get the bar to turn it off. Mind you in addition to the noise there were still lots of patrons past the closing time (5pm to midnight Saturdays and Sundays). Well I had to call at 12:30 a.m. because the music was still on - but no one picked up. Finally a few minutes after that second call the music stopped.

Breakfast is taken in the restaurant on the first floor - limited menu and the service was very slow (restaurant was not busy, nor was the hotel overall). The tip was not removed from my final folio which I found odd as other experiences the entire bill was wiped clean.

Very weak shower pressure to cap off the whole stay.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Upped Their Game

I just had a very excellent stay at this Centric, last Saturday night. Very nicely updated, fresh, boutique (Kimpton) kind of hotel. Made the reservation the morning of and within hours I was upgraded to best room (no suites available) which was a king Capital Dome view, #815 in the corner. Not precisely floor to ceiling windows but close enough. I, too, get really frustrated with noise coming from surrounding rooms, halls, and outside. Yes my room overlooked the outdoor terrace/bar with music--when I entered I wondered where the noise was coming from. But nothing really to be bothered about because music stopped at 9:00 or 9:30 p.m. Just a few loud motorcyles/cars then it was quiet by 10. I encountered the same at HR Sac. Water pressure in my room wasn't that bad, we live with and expect lower water pressure in California. No worse than my house which has State mandated restricted water flow.

Never have I encountered such friendly management at a hotel. Front desk manager and new general (?) manager Amir were over-the-top genuinely nice. Drinks in the bar were excellent and dinner at the restaurant was delicious. Breakfast was good, too. Where else does a fruit cup include freshly sliced, local, in-season peaches and nectarines plus fresh boysenberries and raspberries? All breakfast charges removed from my bill.

The hotel is located right next to Golden One Center and a very popular area of restaurants, stores (including Macy's), wine bars, coffee houses etc. Many folks out enjoying the 100 degree heat on Saturday night. The Centric does not have a pool and the rooms might be a little tight for families with kids. The only annoyance was the $40 valet parking fee. However, after checking my receipt when I got home I noticed they did not charge me for parking (on a paid stay). Don't know if it was a mistake or hotel's welcome Globalist perk. The Centric is a few blocks from the Hyatt Regency but IMO it is 100% better than the HR (see my review for that hotel the week prior). From now on it will be the Centric for me when staying in downtown Sacramento--the rooms are ten times better and the vibe of the area is lively and fun.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Positive impression throughout.
Spoiler

Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
F&B
Spoiler

Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I don't think we need spoiler tags in a Master Thread. People come here to see what the property is like and what it has to offer.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Closed immediately

Just got this note Re: Hyatt Centric Sacramento from Hyatt Global Care Center (not the hotel directly, which I picked due to proximity to the Golden1 Center for work).

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Centric Sacramento for your upcoming stay. We wanted to share important information that the hotel has temporarily suspended all operations at this time due to an isolated maintenance situation that requires immediate repair work.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to honor your upcoming reservation. Your reservation will be canceled without any penalty and you will receive a separate e-mail notification of the cancellation. If your reservation required pre-payment, you will receive a full refund within the next 10 business days.

We would be pleased to assist with rebooking you at a nearby Hyatt hotel.
semi-unrelated - but this is very disappointing and I’m surprised there’s no goodwill gestures being proactively offered here as a Globalist.

Rate for HR appears to be about $255/night now - HC was $199 (via my corporate TA which I’ll have to contact also, the stay is already gone from my app. No separate cancelation email yet from Hyatt. Dealing with the rebooking etc just more hassles since I have to get managers to re-approve and likewise delete from our expense system (don’t get my started on that).
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:54 am

I've been wondering about what happened (and I guess still wondering). Someone in the Hyatt Facebook group posted on Saturday that they went to check in, checked their vehicle with valet, and then at the front desk were informed that the hotel was shutting down and they could not check in.

They were flabbergasted that 1) there had been no prior communication from the hotel whatsoever 2) that the valet apparently had no clue either.

They were also quite upset for obvious reasons. They were there for an event literally across the street and I guess the property was offering a room at a Hilton 15 minutes away? Unclear if the offer was comped or not also.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
I've been wondering about what happened (and I guess still wondering). Someone in the Hyatt Facebook group posted on Saturday that they went to check in, checked their vehicle with valet, and then at the front desk were informed that the hotel was shutting down and they could not check in.

They were flabbergasted that 1) there had been no prior communication from the hotel whatsoever 2) that the valet apparently had no clue either.

They were also quite upset for obvious reasons. They were there for an event literally across the street and I guess the property was offering a room at a Hilton 15 minutes away? Unclear if the offer was comped or not also.
wow. *curiosity intensifies*

what I found surprising also is this came not from the hotel, but central res “consumer affairs”

of course things happen (think flood/fire/gas leak) - requiring major shut downs as the city will require permits and inspections. But clearly this isn’t just some backed up toilet …
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:17 am

Insane they would offer a hilton instead of the other hyatts nearby.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Insane they would offer a hilton instead of the other hyatts nearby.
Literally - quite a walk! Maybe the HR was already full?
will update if I hear more from my Glob Conceirge
Old Jun 26, 2023, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Literally - quite a walk! Maybe the HR was already full?
will update if I hear more from my Glob Conceirge
Nah, was at the HR and they weren’t close to full. Rates were in the high $190s to low to mid $200s even on day of.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Nah, was at the HR and they weren’t close to full. Rates were in the high $190s to low to mid $200s even on day of.
I see someone on TripAdvisor was walked from the HC two days ago, asked to be rebooked to the HR and was refused.
Sent the Hyatt Concierge a note, will update on the result. This is a work trip - but I'd like to know how this will be handled for future reference if I was on a personal trip, especially.
olouie and projectmaximus like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Just got this note Re: Hyatt Centric Sacramento from Hyatt Global Care Center (not the hotel directly, which I picked due to proximity to the Golden1 Center for work).

semi-unrelated - but this is very disappointing and I’m surprised there’s no goodwill gestures being proactively offered here as a Globalist.

Rate for HR appears to be about $255/night now - HC was $199 (via my corporate TA which I’ll have to contact also, the stay is already gone from my app. No separate cancelation email yet from Hyatt. Dealing with the rebooking etc just more hassles since I have to get managers to re-approve and likewise delete from our expense system (don’t get my started on that).

wow. *curiosity intensifies*

what I found surprising also is this came not from the hotel, but central res “consumer affairs”

of course things happen (think flood/fire/gas leak) - requiring major shut downs as the city will require permits and inspections. But clearly this isn’t just some backed up toilet …
Found over on Expedia:

Renovations and closures

This property is closed from June 22 2023 to August 1 2023 (dates subject to change).
This property will be closed from June 22 2023 to August 1 2023 for renovations and will resume operation once the renovation is complete (completion date subject to change).
Same thing from the property's main page:

ATTENTION:

Hyatt Centric Sacramento has temporarily suspended all operations at this time due to an isolated maintenance situation that requires immediate repair work. The hotel has temporarily suspended all operations, including onsite restaurants. We are extending care to all colleagues and guests, and we relocated all in-house guests to other area Hyatt hotels. Guests with questions regarding their upcoming stay may call Hyatt Customer Care at 1-888-524-9288 or for additional assistance contact us.
No news is no news.

David
projectmaximus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.