Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hyatt stay....ever

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Best Hyatt stay....ever

I know there is a thread here: Which Hyatts have you stayed at? - FlyerTalk Forums

Where folks are posting all the Hyatt's they have stayed at, I thought I would ask a more focused question of "out of all of your Hyatt stays, which one was the best ever, and why?"

Ok, so maybe it's hard to pick 1, so if you want to include 2 or 3 that is fine. Also, if the property is no longer a Hyatt go ahead and mention it anyway. I'm curious to see the responses that come back. I'll go first.....

Best Hyatt stay....ever, and why?

Hyatt Churchill in London. This was about 8 years ago, I had just achieved Hyatt Diamond status and was using one of my first ever suite upgrades. I requested the top floor with the outdoor balcony overlooking the park and my request was granted. Access to the club was fantastic and I remember feeling like I was head & shoulders ahead of the Hilton & Marriott crowd getting treated to something special in the Hyatt portfolio of properties. Looking back, the room was small because square footage was reduced because of having balcony access but I was in heaven (being one of my first times in London) having a hotel with a balcony in London and treating myself and my family to the club and the great neighborhood and surrounding area.

Now, your turn.....
Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I know there is a thread here: Which Hyatts have you stayed at? - FlyerTalk Forums

Where folks are posting all the Hyatt's they have stayed at, I thought I would ask a more focused question of "out of all of your Hyatt stays, which one was the best ever, and why?"

Ok, so maybe it's hard to pick 1, so if you want to include 2 or 3 that is fine. Also, if the property is no longer a Hyatt go ahead and mention it anyway. I'm curious to see the responses that come back. I'll go first.....

Best Hyatt stay....ever, and why?

Hyatt Churchill in London. This was about 8 years ago, I had just achieved Hyatt Diamond status and was using one of my first ever suite upgrades. I requested the top floor with the outdoor balcony overlooking the park and my request was granted. Access to the club was fantastic and I remember feeling like I was head & shoulders ahead of the Hilton & Marriott crowd getting treated to something special in the Hyatt portfolio of properties. Looking back, the room was small because square footage was reduced because of having balcony access but I was in heaven (being one of my first times in London) having a hotel with a balcony in London and treating myself and my family to the club and the great neighborhood and surrounding area.

Now, your turn.....
Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau in Buenos Aires upgraded us to the Alveara Suite in the original Palace , butler and all. Beautiful flowers , Cigar Bar , excellent service and wonderful spa. The concierge was excellent. Got us to Iquazu falls with tour guide there and back in one day. Followed that with the ferry to Uruguay and a another wonder Hyatt in the country , The Carmello Resort and Spa. Upgraded to our own casita , and the wonderful manager gifted us a sunset ride on their yacht with wines and cheese. I believe Carmello is no longer affiliated.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by martinplas
Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau in Buenos Aires upgraded us to the Alveara Suite in the original Palace , butler and all. Beautiful flowers , Cigar Bar , excellent service and wonderful spa. The concierge was excellent. Got us to Iquazu falls with tour guide there and back in one day. Followed that with the ferry to Uruguay and a another wonder Hyatt in the country , The Carmello Resort and Spa. Upgraded to our own casita , and the wonderful manager gifted us a sunset ride on their yacht with wines and cheese. I believe Carmello is no longer affiliated.
reading this makes me so sad. We had a trip to Brazil, Buenos Aires, Uraguay, and Iguazu Falls blown up right when Covid started. Besides our honeymoon it was probably the one trip we were looking forward to the most. Hoping to be able to do something similar this or next year.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:23 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Hyatt Cancun Caribe, no longer a Hyatt. Category 1 with a separate Regency Club building hosting the best morning and evening buffet I've seen at any Hyatt. Oceanfront rooms, some at ground level where you can just walk out to the beach. Fabulous newly remodeled rooms after a hurricane leveled the building a couple years earlier. Best 12k points/night redemption ever.
smilee and 59Impala like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Hyatt Cancun Caribe, no longer a Hyatt. Category 1 with a separate Regency Club building hosting the best morning and evening buffet I've seen at any Hyatt. Oceanfront rooms, some at ground level where you can just walk out to the beach. Fabulous newly remodeled rooms after a hurricane leveled the building a couple years earlier. Best 12k points/night redemption ever.
How long ago was this? I would love a cat 1 in the Cancun region nowadays!
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:11 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
How long ago was this? I would love a cat 1 in the Cancun region nowadays!
The party ended January 2009 without warning.

From Hyatt Cancun Caribe (No Longer Hyatt) JOINT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Caribe is nice, but RC is awesome. RC at the Caribe is your best value for points there, or perhaps anywhere in the system. I didn't see any toddlers in the RC lounge. Probably the folks at the lounge would bend the rules to allow you to bring something to the the kids if they aren't allowed in the lounge. RC at Cancun is like its own little hotel, and they really treat you well. Please tip them accordingly.

RC rooms are modern with bathrooms to die for. You can watch the surf from your candle-lit jacuzzi tub or have a small party in the 5-sprinkler shower.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Probably my second stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo and my first as a Globalist. TSU into a suite with a lovely view of Mount Fuji. Lots of bowing, Aesop toiletries and copious amounts of Japanese whiskey.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Andaz Maui a few months after they opened. Blown away by the Pool Suite, the breakfast (best bacon ever!), the big bento boxes they let us carry out of breakfast that served as lunch, and the beauty of the property as a whole.
cmjaffe, Daitheflu84 and js1993 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:39 pm

Park Hyatt New York. It was my best because it was my first- first award stay from my first foray into the world of points-earning credit cards.

I was so nervous. I thought the doorman would take one look at me and shoo me away.

The hallways felt like a museum. After a dip in the pool, the dressing room had a little dryer to spin your swimsuit in. For my choice of welcome “gift” (points, signature drink in the bar, and something else), I took two cards for drinks. I still have the other card 5 years later.

I also like how un-flashy the entrance was. Weeks later, I emailed the hotel to ask for make and model of their hair dryer- which performed really well. I thought they would send me one with their compliments, nyaha. They didn’t, but I got a very prompt, very courteous reply with requested information.

There’s been other Hyatt stays acquired on points since then, but nothing has bested the first.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:18 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
some of my best stays I have had at Hyatt Saujana (Petaling Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, near the old KUL airport, no longer a Hyatt, today https://www.saujanahotels.com/gallery).
I was a regular guest on a monthly basis and received superior service. Amazing.
js1993 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Hyatt Regency Kyoto under Ken Yokoyama. The man was a miracle worker with the common touch.
js1993 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Maybe Park Ningbo. The rooms, while nice, were not super-luxurious, but the grounds were very attractive, service was great, and I felt like I had the whole place to myself. The hotel had an outstanding bar/lounge, Red, with gorgeous decor and a great menu. I remember being pleasantly surprised to have a hookah (no longer offered unfortunately). The spa featured one of the best steam baths I have ever visited, a beautiful dark room with a large hot tub inside. In all of these venues, I was pretty much the only customer.
js1993 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Park Hyatt New York the first time - walking into my room with the greenhouse windows (11th floor) was just stunning. I had a great conversation with the housekeeper performing turndown service. The hard product was great, especially that shower! Room service with actual plates and utensils under those greenhouse windows - boy, did I feel fancy!
js1993 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Probably the Park Hyatt in Sydney overlooking Circular Quay. Just a beautiful space and experience with staff to match.
Surgee and js1993 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Wife was travelling home by herself and the flight was delayed enough that there was no way she'd make the connection home. Next flight was 2PM the next day, which was very inconvenient for her due to some big work meeting she was leading that day which would have been a pain to reschedule or get out of (large conference call).

I was home and had flexibility (I think it was spring break), and that afternoon when it became obvious the connecting flight was being missed, I set up a reservation on points at GH DFW and decided to just drive the 4 hours and go down there, greet her there, spend the night, chill the next day in Dallas while she worked, cancel her last leg of the flight, and drive us all home that evening. I sent a quick email to the front desk contact I had to let them know that my wife might arrive before me at like 9PM, and I didn't want her to have problems checking in without me.

Got down there at about 9, wife just arrived in the lobby, they didn't have our room ready yet, and they gave us free drink vouchers for the bar while we waited. Couple of free drinks later, at 9:40 we got our keys and were upgraded to the presidential suite, the desk apologized for the delay in getting the room ready, and let us know that the person we contacted was off duty that day but called them to make sure we were taken care of. We got our 4PM late check out set for the next day no problem.

I know a lot of you also have been in that suite -- very nice, great runway views, dining area, living area, kitchen area, and separate bedroom. The suite had a few stocked wine bottles (free), breakfast was awesome of course, and the next day was up to 80F, so the kid and I swam and sunned on the rooftop pool, we got some room service for lunch, watched the planes, and all in all, felt like we lucked out.

Really sort of a microcosm of my experiences travelling the last several years -- mostly bad experiences with AA (despite various levels of status) juxtaposed with great experiences with WOH.

---------
Also, I'll always remember my first stay as a globalist was at HR Grand Cypress -- No suite upgrade, but was very surprised with how great the lounge was there. Decent breakfast layout, evening layout with deserts, wine pours, etc. Took a few more lounge stays to 'reset' expectations because most lounges aren't quite as nice. We liked the hotel overall, didn't care for disney world. Getting there was a pain - We went up to the skytrain system in DFW terminal D with at like T-50 minutes to go. We just missed a train coming up the elevators, but then as we stood there trains passed us by every few minutes without stopping. A crowd gathered and then finally some employee started yelling at everyone the the skytrain stations in D are temporarily closed and we had to walk to our gate terminal. So, we hightailed it over to our gate (a high A gate), got there at T-15 minutes but they closed the doors early and told us (very rudely) tough cookies, it was our fault for not being at the gate early, door is closed, see customer service for rebooking. Lots of people missed their flights that flight-bank, and the next bank of flights all had really long stand-by lists. We got on a really late flight.

--
Thunderroad, tearex and js1993 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.