Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Redeemed 40,000 Hyatt Points - Brand New Park Hyatt Toronto

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Privilege Gold , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold

Redeemed 40,000 Hyatt points for a 1 Bedroom Corner Suite at the Park Hyatt Toronto. Hotel was recently renovated after a 4 year closure. Suite was stylish and close to the Yorkville area. Lots of high end shopping, restaurants, museums and other boutique hotels.

WasKnown likes this.

Last edited by nufftravel; Nov 30, 2021 at 3:20 pm
Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Nice, but is Lux Travel your business?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 2:47 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by nufftravel
Redeemed 40,000 Hyatt points for a 1 Bedroom Corner Suite at the Park Hyatt Toronto. Hotel was recently renovated after a 4 year closure. Suite was stylish and close to the Yorkville area.

Redeemed 40,000 points instead of paying CAD $948 or $741USD

@moderators, please merge to Master Thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-9-21-a.html
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Nice, but is Lux Travel your business?
Thanks. My Lux Travel YouTube is my hobby now. I welcome suggestions on gaining hotel collaborations, airline collaborations and turning it into a future business.

Last edited by nufftravel; Nov 29, 2021 at 3:16 pm
Old Nov 30, 2021, 4:26 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I will start by saying I do appreciate real life videos and trip reports vs hotel media when researching a property.

Telling FTers how you made a points redemption and comparing the cash rate, however, is misreading the audience. We are seasoned travellers and know how this works.

Your video will be great content for the Master Thread, but not for a stand alone thread.

I would suggest you invest in some better lighting equipment and, perhaps, consider a presentation course.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I will start by saying I do appreciate real life videos and trip reports vs hotel media when researching a property.

Telling FTers how you made a points redemption and comparing the cash rate, however, is misreading the audience. We are seasoned travellers and know how this works.

Your video will be great content for the Master Thread, but not for a stand alone thread.

I would suggest you invest in some better lighting equipment and, perhaps, consider a presentation course.
Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate the feedback as I am trying to improve. Cash rate vs. Points is an interesting comment that I will be more mindful of in the future. I made a modification to my post to remove the cash portion. My previous assumption was that we had various levels of understanding on here.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 5:53 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nufftravel
Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate the feedback as I am trying to improve. Cash rate vs. Points is an interesting comment that I will be more mindful of in the future. I made a modification to my post to remove the cash portion. My previous assumption was that we had various levels of understanding on here.
I would rate knowledge of elite and status programs as YouTube/ IG < Blog <<<<<<<< FT 😀

Please do make more video trip reports. Hotels can have the best photography and renderings but it’s when you compare to actual experiences like yours that you can see the real product.

I’m also supportive of more non male bloggers! It’s such a male dominated space.
iluvdoco, lsquare and nufftravel like this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I would rate knowledge of elite and status programs as YouTube/ IG < Blog <<<<<<<< FT 😀

Please do make more video trip reports. Hotels can have the best photography and renderings but it’s when you compare to actual experiences like yours that you can see the real product.

I’m also supportive of more non male bloggers! It’s such a male dominated space.
so true! I always fact check my thoughts before I post on flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.