Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Earn double elite night credits at Andaz hotels with World of Hyatt credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn double elite night credits at Andaz hotels with World of Hyatt credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
According to Dave at milestalk:

"I got the answer from Hyatt here:

This offer can be stacked with that promotion. Let’s say you signed up for the World of Hyatt Credit Card under that promotion, and register for the Andaz promotion and stay one eligible night during the promotion dates – you would earn 3 Tier-Qualifying nights per eligible night stayed at an Andaz property during the promotion."
nsx, lsquare, bomberman92 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by xooz
It only says qualifying nights. I assume that award stay nights count, so this may work for me.
You don't have to "assume;" the terms and conditions of the promo literally spell it out.

Regards
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Time to look for “cheap” Andaz. Although I’ve always wanted to go to SAV.
San Diego.
Disclaimer: I've never stayed there.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by JetAway
There are so few Andaz properties that this will be a minor blip on the elite radar screen.
While I signed up for the offer, I did a search and found it beyond useless. Beyond useless because I wasted some time looking at various Andaz locations to see if they would 'work'.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
You don't have to "assume;" the terms and conditions of the promo literally spell it out.

Regards
Yes, I missed that in the fine print.. normal definition applies:
"For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay."
scubadu likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:31 am

Ok, so this is probably a long shot question, but want to ask in case anyhow has any prior experience w/Hyatt promos that were tied to being a WOH cardholder.

So, I am in fact a WOH cardholder and have successfully registered for this promotion (screenshots captured). However, in thoroughly reviewing the detailed terms and conditions of this promotion, there is literally nothing that says you must actually pay for the stay using the WOH card itself. The promo just says the promotion is only available to WOH cardholders.

I'm actually considering booking an Andaz stay via Amex FHR (for several reasons), which of course would require paying for the stay with an Amex card. I'm curious whether I would actually receive the double EQNs or not? I guess it somewhat depends on how they actually track and credit this promotion; is being a cardholder just the screen for registering (i.e. you can't register if you aren't a cardholder), but there is no back end tracking to match the nights to a correlating charge on the WOH card? Or is a transaction on the WOH card @ Andaz what, in fact, triggers the double EQN credit.

Thoughts?

Regards
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:13 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
in thoroughly reviewing the detailed terms and conditions of this promotion, there is literally nothing that says you must actually pay for the stay using the WOH card itself. The promo just says the promotion is only available to WOH cardholders.
This is correct. Bonus Journeys was the same. Pay for the stay however you like.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

may be useless for some but with an existing upcoming stay it should push me over another threshold this year earning 10K pts or an upgrade cert...
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Andaz Napa is also another good option for a one night stay to rack up a few TQNs.

Side question - how long do the CC bonus nights take to post? Had a qualifying stay 6 weeks ago that hasn't posted yet.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Useless, already have 150 nights.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by pWei
Useless, already have 150 nights.
I mean, ok, bully for you. I'm going to go out on a limb and hazard a guess that many hotel chains don't necessarily feel like they need to craft promotions to motivate people that are already at 150 nights, 3/4 of the way through the year...

Regards
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
This is correct. Bonus Journeys was the same. Pay for the stay however you like.
Thank you!

Regards
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
I mean, ok, bully for you. I'm going to go out on a limb and hazard a guess that many hotel chains don't necessarily feel like they need to craft promotions to motivate people that are already at 150 nights, 3/4 of the way through the year...

Regards
Well - I'd hazard around 100 is actually non-promo nights. They might want to take another look, since I've been at that number for months now. I'm probably not the only one.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:58 pm

It's an interesting issue. With HY, many globalists bemoan the lack of incentives to keep packing in stays after 100, and some allege to build up stays and status in other programs. Seems like HY might actually benefit from promos that target people who clearly stay a lot. The nature of those promos could be debated but seems like people who stay a lot is a target-rich environment, arguably more than people on the lower end.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Perfect timing for me. Staying at the Andaz Maui for 5 days in two weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.